Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as fuck.
I don't listen to a whole bunch of post-rock but what I've heard I've liked so I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.

I do have 1 recommendation though, since it's not already been posted in this thread.

Yndi Halda - Enjoy Eternal Bliss

I don't know how to describe it but the EP has 4 tracks, is over an hour long and blows my mind from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

CrazyCanuck posted:

Enjoy Eternal Bliss is great

I've got to wonder though, if they consider it an EP, is their LP going to be 3 hours long? (I hope so)

I was reading up on this, actually. Here's what wiki says:

quote:

The title "EP" is often called into question due to the record's length. Indeed, only the UK edition of "Enjoy Eternal Bliss" was titled as such - in all other territories it was renamed as an LP or full-length album on behalf of the band.

Still, a 3 hour 2 CD album would be awesome.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

thehustler posted:

UK Post/Prog Rockers Oceansize have put up a free MP3 for Christmas.

You will like it. It is a prog cover of Walking In The Air by Aled Jones. And it's loving ace.

http://www.oceansize.co.uk/Resources/Walking%20In%20The%20Air.mp3

This is loving awesome.

Happen to know of anyone that sounds like Oceansize (with or without the lyrics)?

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

thehustler posted:

https://www.myspace.com/65propaganda

ALL of the new album for streaming.

Edit: Oh god Piano Fights :fap:

Edit: Oh god Come With Me has one "R. Smith" doing guest vocals on it. :fap:

Just listening to it now and this is loving amazing.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Andre Weed 420 posted:

Who is everyone planning on seeing this summer? IF everything goes well I'll be seeing this will destroy you twice, mono, and gifts from enola.

2000 trees festival with 65daysofstatic, maybeshewill, and so i watch you from afar, vessels, old school tie

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Went to a friend's album launch/21st birthday party and on the way up, we picked up an ex-bassist from Maybeshewill. She was pretty cool. She also thinks And So I Watch You From Afar are going to explode and hit big next year. Here's hoping because they are really loving good.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Technetium posted:

I like that song by maybeshewill that has the sample from Network, it's an easy to use sample but it's good. It was strange listening to it the first time though because I'd heard another song that used it like the week before and was confused as hell.

And just chiming in to say the new Souvenirs Young America or whatever their name is is awesome.

Not For Want Of Trying. That song actually made me hunt down that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Bagpuss posted:

Yeah, they've already had a bit of love in this thread. I totally agree with everything you said. I saw them play 2000 Trees on Friday and Jesus Christ! I was right at the front and centre and I gave myself whiplash and bruised the poo poo of of my knees and elbows on the barrier as I was rocking out a bit too hard :)

I also saw them and they were one of the highlights of the festival, they totally blew me away. Such amazing energy from the crowd and the band themself. A++++ would dance like a spastic to again.

Old School Tie in the Leaf Lounge were a fantastic way to wake up on Saturday. Again, real energy in the crowd and loving balloons everywhere in a small tent.

Three Trapped Tigers were also amazing, that drummer is some kind of a machine, playing the way he does with no click track or metronome.

65dos disappointed me, the set got cut very short, about 25 minutes by my reckoning and it was mostly newer stuff. It was really quiet too compared to every other set at the festival and I was about 10 rows from the front-centre. Personally, I don't think they're that well suited for festival but maybe I'm just being an idiot or I just caught them on a "bad" set. I say bad, they were still good, I was just left underwhelmed but maybe that's because I've seen them a few times before and each time they got better and better.