Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

windwaker posted:

I'll give Yanbqui U.X.O. a try, at least.

Have any of you guys listened to any of the GY!BE related bands like 1-Speed Bike, A Silver Mt. Zion (well, actually I've seen this one mentioned a bunch), Esmerine, Et Sans, Fly Pan Am, hrsta, Molasses, or Set Fire to Flames?

I'm not trying to show off or namedrop or anything, but listen to Ego Piano. I have every constellation release and they are all different and awesome. Fly Pan Am is awesome spacey rock music, Hrsta is classic, all the polmo polpo related projects are great (sandro perri, glissandro70, etc.)

I suggest going on the constellation website and just going through every release.

kirkjames fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Nav Omicron posted:

What a minute, did War Radio, God Bless Our Dead Marines and Four is Over Five get an album when I wasn't looking? I won't grumble too much, but I was looking forward to these three. Maybe throw in a new version of Iron Bridge To Thunder Bay too. Blind Blind Blind and 1,000,000 Died to Make This Sound just didn't grab me the way the ones I proposed did.

God Bless Our Dead Marines is off Horses in the Sky, and are you sure those songs might not be alternate titles to older songs? Godspeed and Constellation Records in general loves to do this.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

dingolord posted:

I've been following Tortoise, The Sea and Cake, Volta Do Mar and some others for a while now, but can't seem to get into a lot of the other 'post rock'. I'm not so much into the EitS sound. I suppose I'm looking for something a more dynamic and less epic wall of soundish and with more of a beat. Any recommendations?

I suppose all of the older post rock bands, Stereolab, Cul de Sac, Talk Talk, and then stuff like early Mogwai and Do Make Say Think should be good.

Although I guess Mogwai kind of pioneered that whole epic wall of sound thing so maybe not them.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Olaf Oleeson posted:

Ok, so a few years ago I listened to a bit too much post-rock, and now I'm completely burnt out on it.
Can anybody recommend me some good original sounding post-rock (as in no mono/eits/mogwai/godspeed clones)?

I need something as fresh as 65dos was back when I first listened to them.

Anyone?

Stereolab, Do Make Say Think, Slint, Cul de Sac, Grails, Talk Talk