Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

And if I can't see it's for want of you.
Anybody in the Chicago area should really go and see The Toasters tomorrow. The lineup is solid as hell and, well, it's The Toasters.

Hawkstein fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

Loud About Loathing posted:

You should listen to MU330, the (kickass) ska band that Potthast has been in since the early 90's. Really fun ska-rock.

Speaking of which, they're playing shows in Milwaukee, Saint Paul, Chicago, and St. Louis in a few weeks. So if you're close by...go see them (especially if you're near Chicago; they're playing with two bands a few of my friends are in and they're both really amazing).

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

I figure I should ask before I do it: Is it OK If I plug my band's tour in this thread?

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

Ok, well, my band The Risk (https://www.myspace.com/theriskska) is going on tour from July 20th-August 3rd. If you're in the area during one of our shows, we would all really appreciate it if you came to check us out. Hell, I would appreciate it if you even took the time to listen to our myspace.
As a side note, the recordings on our myspace are 1-2 years old, before I was in the band. So some things are different. We just recorded a CD so we should have new songs on the myspace relatively soon. Or maybe not.
ANYWAY, tour dates:

Jul 20 2008 7:00P
DDC Space (Dayton, Ohio)

Jul 21 2008 6:00P
The Longbranch Saloon (Knoxville, Tennessee)

Jul 22 2008 6:00P
Crack Soup (Charlotte, North Carolina)

Jul 23 2008 8:00P
The Sidebar Tavern (Baltimore, Maryland)

Jul 25 2008 8:00P
Bil-Doe’s (not sure., New Jersey)

Jul 26 2008 11:00A
Dickenson Park Skate Jam (Newtown, Connecticut)

Jul 27 2008 7:00P
Thirsty John’s (Palmer, Massachusetts)

Jul 29 2008 6:00P
The American Legion Stephen Sikora Post 1322 (North Tonawanda, New York)

Jul 30 2008 8:00P
Garfield Artworks (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

Jul 31 2008 8:00P
B.E. Henry Building (Marshall, Michigan)

Aug 1 2008 8:00P
Berlin (Fort Wayne, Indiana)

Aug 2 2008 7:00P
Skelletones (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

Aug 3 2008 6:00P
Sonic Portrait Showcase (Morris, Illinois)

Also, Here is the band we are touring with: https://www.myspace.com/thenewurbansprawl
Thanks for checking us out!

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

lessthankyle posted:

What's the deal for this date? It's the one I could possibly go to.

Just looked it up, apparently it's in Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. 7 rivercrest drive. Also, it's free and it's at 5, not 8. If you can come, that would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but New York band The Stupid Stupid Henchmen recently released their discography free to download here.

Recommended for anybody who likes Leftover Crack, No Cash, Choking Victim, etc.

I guess it's more punk than ska, but there are a lot of ska-punk songs and a few modern-sounding ska songs.

(Interesting sidenote: the guitarist/vocalist animates for the Adult Swim show Superjail.)