Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Kickass thread - can we get the Aggrolites added to the master list in post #2? They last released a record in June 07 so they're active.

Not been to a show since Mad Caddies several months ago. Felt very old, still had a good time. Not the best Caddies gig I've been to, though.

nach0king fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Excellent - great to see the thread still alive.

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Some singalong ska here from former members of Ska-P... if you've not heard them, they're Potshot-esque, only the lyrics are 1) intelligible (albeit in Castillian) and 2) ideal for any America-haters ;).

Very catchy, even if you disagree with the message.

edit: hurr helps to include link - http://www.purevolume.com/thelocos ... band name is The Locos, obviously. They'd be a good addition to the Third Wave section of the FAQ post (as would Ska-P, at that, as they're apparently plotting to reform in 2008!)

Merry Christmas to all ska kids and third wave fans in their mid-20s who should know better :D

nach0king fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 27, 2007

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Does anyone in the UK remember Ask My Cat? They were only around for a couple of years but they were awesome. Never saw them live, sadly. Was curious if any of them are still playing ska with anyone. Any ideas?

Two Ask My Cat tracks survive on the accursed wastelands of MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/askmycat/music

nach0king fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 25, 2011

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Kwaanzska

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!

aricoarena posted:

Ska-P loving owns!

You're not wrong. One of them had a spin-off band called The Locos, who weren't nearly as good, but had a couple of catchy songs. Ska-P's back catalog on the other hand is just a treasure trove of awesomeness.

On the J-Ska side I was way into Potshot for a long time, to the extent of ordering 'Til I Die at ridiculous import prices while having no money, but I'm also going to check out some of the bands from a bit earlier in the thread.

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!

no dad im not gay! posted:

Haha that's nothing, I'd pester Mike Park online and ask what it was like touring with them, recording their first album, rhanging out with them in Japan, etc etc. I'd ask about Skankin Pickle and Gerry of MU330 too though so I'd like to think it's all good by him.

Rather you than me. I find Mike Park terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!

Dickeye posted:

That's exactly what it is, they announced it a couple months ago.

Yep, but there are two new songs, too. Flagholder's Union and View from the Middle are brand new tracks.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

That whole album is awesome. Harvey Wallbanger is my favorite.

It really is an awesome album. I love Goodbye Mr. Personality, too. Really simple song just brilliantly executed.

Hobbit posted:

I'm not exactly sure what I just listened to, but I want more.

Haha! Agreed, this is awesome. Even better than Streetlight Manifesto's cover of the same song. (For Tennis Ball's reference this is Bomb The Music Industry!'s cover of Punk Rock Girl, a song from the 80s by The Dead Milkmen).

I've been on the fence about whether or not to go see BTMI! when they tour here in December but I think this has sealed it.

nach0king fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 26, 2012