Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midget Gems
Dec 31, 2007
I hear they have the internet on computers these days
I've just recently got into ska; shame on me, I know. I'm a UK goon and not only was I unable to get tickets to LTJ, I also see I've recently missed Streetlight. :smith:
Can anyone recommend me some good shows coming up in the UK (south)?

On a similar note, can someone recommend me some new bands to listen to? I've got the entire LTJ catalogue and almost all RBF. Currently downloading some Mustard Plug and Bosstones, TMT also sounded very good.

Also, Somewhere In The Between might just be the best album I have ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midget Gems
Dec 31, 2007
Seems the Slackers are in London on July 4th. However, I'm at shows on both the 2nd and 3rd already, so I don't know if I can do three nights in a row, especially with it still being term time for me. Their sound wasn't too bad though, a bit more reggae and less punk, which isn't exactly my favourite.

guppy posted:

There's lots more, but a few to start you off, with album recommendations:

Buck-O-Nine - Twenty-Eight Teeth
Mad Caddies - Quality Softcore
Big D and the Kids' Table - try either Good-Luck or Strictly Rude

Unrelated: I finally picked up the Bosstones' A Jacknife To A Swan last night and I am really enjoying it.

Just listened to 3 Bosstones albums, and I'm pleased to say I didn't dislike a single song. Was, overall, very good. Although, jackknife has actually grabbed me the least out of them all.

I'll work on some Mad Caddies and Big D next.

guppy posted:

And yes, I too am in love with Somewhere In The Between.

Seriously, I have a solo project about to start up, which is pretty much a more depressing version of Death Cab For Cutie (I'll put some up when the E.P. is done). But this album makes me just want start up a whole new band with brass blaring out everywhere and just jam packed full of "fun". :banjo:
I only hope that, one day, I'll have the chance to chant Mephisto's Cafe in a room full of happy dancing people. :3:

Midget Gems
Dec 31, 2007
:neckbeard: Just booked London streetlight tickets, any other UK goons going to that show?