Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got an incredibly sweaty hug from him after the show when I saw them, but it was all good because we were both drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure you'll get a recording of one of the nights.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Matter doesn't disappear either, they will come back as something different eventually.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I went to the last 3, not sure if I will go this time around (even though my mum bought me a ticket for my birthday without asking me if I was interested she just assumed, I love you too mum.)

I probably will go, shame the lineup is the not as good as every other year it's ever been on.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Testekill posted:

Could someone direct me to some good Australian ska? It's much more likely that I'll be able to see one of them instead of waiting for someone to tour maybe once a year.
I can try. These won't all be strictly ska.
The Bennies
The Porkers
Backy Skank
Rubix Cuba
Blowhard
Area 7

Also I found this website when googling: http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Vine/1789/history.html&date=2009-10-25+11:04:28

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also The Melbourne Ska Orchestra if you are into that Big Band sound.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
75 Must See Ska Bands!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bomb are finally releasing ADULTS on vinyl. I've already preordered it. It's got a new master!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why can't we buy it on bandcamp?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Literally The Worst posted:

Halfway through my trip, a snow plow fucks up my windshield and nothing is open. I'm not going to make it. I'm beyond loving bummed right now.
You can do it. Believe in yourself!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is the recording video or audio?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

Audio I guess, but the guys that are doing that documentary were filming both nights.
Awesome.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have a free code for The Gooch Palms - Novo's if anyone wants it just PM me. (I know it's not exactly ska but I like you guys better than the punk guys)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Arrrrgh Jeff is awesome! My copy of Adults! arrived today and it is awesome! Also he put in a copy of Bruce Lee Band - Community Support Group 7" that I didn't even pay for but wanted so much! :dance: gently caress yeah

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Jeff Rosenstock released Summer 7" for free on quote unquote yesterday as well as putting up vinyl preorders for "I look like poo poo"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

Does anyone who went to the final show know what the deal is with the live recording?
would also like to know this!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing The Bennies tonight, should be killer

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got TROUBLESOME because I like the sound of it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also please check out The Bennies if you like bomb the music industry or Sublime or anything around that spectrum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Same here. It also caused me to go on a vinyl buying spree (since I seriously bought my first record a month ago and was just looking for an excuse to buy more) and pretty much all of the BTMI is sold out on asian man :(

e: and goddamn i really need to hear that other taxpayers album because gently caress it sounds awesome
Buy this!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How much for O Pioneers and Presidents Day splits?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wouldn't the buyer pay shipping costs so then it wouldn't really matter?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

Vinyl pre-orders for the new Jeff Rosenstock side project Antarctigo Vespucci are available on Really Records. Apparently the digital version is available Tuesday. You can listen to the track "I'm Giving Up On U2" here. Really catchy pop punk.
I ordered it about a week ago, it sounds pretty yum.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair they are probably dead broke.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

I figure I could mention the Rx Bandits in here right? Yeah? Anyways, they have a new album coming out this week apparently, first new stuff in 5 years.

Streaming here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/stream-rx-bandits-new-album-gemini-her-majesty/
Wow, that is terrible.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

sorry guys that new rx album actually kinda owns h8rs gon h8
don't agree

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

the new rx bandits album is more awesome every time I listen to it, y'all a bunch of haters
i will give another go for you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

what up ska thread
new Bruce Lee Band record coming out

https://soundcloud.com/asianmanrecords/bruce-lee-band-generations

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You should go see these guys if you get the chance.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Ohhhh gently caress if it's with Jeff Rosenstock I'll prolly go, I'm only like an hour and a half from NYC.

Closing venue shows are usually insane for what it's worth.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tnimark posted:

This has been floating around for a few months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuVcZoqZ4TY
I'm not a huge fan of that version, finished is so much better.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tnimark posted:

Oh yeah for sure. Literally The Worst was just saying he'd heard it somewhere before, so I thought maybe it was that version.
oh fair enough

I'm really excited for The Smith Street bands new record coming out this month that Jeff produced/is more than likely featured on

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tnimark posted:

My lame claim to fame (to quote Weird Al) is that I'm one of the shadowy figures standing around the bonfire on the album cover. No idea which one I am though :(
Hey that's pretty cool.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lessthankyle posted:

Rosenstock/Bennies show at Death By Audio just got updated with Dan Potthast. Sorry if anyone else was planning on holding shows there before it closes in November, we're gonna burn it down that night. https://www.facebook.com/events/809326785773883
If you can got to that show, go to that drat show

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

free to good home

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

Just to warn people that record's not ska in the slightest bit, but it is really really good pop-folk-punk.
I like the ska people better.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We should all post photos of our copies of the new Bruce Lee Band record to compare colours and inscribed notes

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

How much did you pay for shipping
I think it was $27 total to AUS (so like $18)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

I would buy so many vinyls if it wasn't for shipping costs
I would also. I want to buy the two Chumped records but it's $75 for both shipped, can't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SETXTS-Qgmc