Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
The first time I ever heard Mephiskapheles was magical. I was a summer camp counselor, and we were on a field trip to some lovely amusement park across from a water park. I had ditched the little monsters I was in charge of and jumped on the only empty open ride around, one of these beasts:

The operator put on "Saba Saba" and started the ride. As the thing spun up, the chorus of the song started to go. It was amazing. I was flailing around rocking out. The ride lasted the entire song, which is a good 7 minutes. God bless you random drunken carnie worker.

I'm putting on my old ska/oi moon records comp in tribute to this thread.

I also got to shoot the pilfers reunion show at the knitting factory a year or two back. That was one hell of a show. Was supposed to be used in a documentary on them and ska, but it fell apart. Such a shame.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU