Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

I just sat down and listened to the "new" Streetlight album and while I enjoy it I want new songs, dammit!

Speaking of, that entire project's been canned, hasn't it?

It seemed way too overly ambitious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

seventeen posted:

Night three of the Throwdown was a blast. Poor Jeff Rosenstock couldn't catch a break during Bomb's set. He popped a string, his guitar lost tuning, the microphone stand wouldn't lock, it kept falling over and eventually the cord was ripped out all within about 15 minutes. It was pretty awesome screaming "I Don't Love You Anymore" with him when he was aimlessly wandering the crowd.

I've noticed at shows lately (Streetlight, RBF, Aquabats) that it's more moshing and shoving than it is skanking. Is it just a Boston thing now or is it pretty universal?

Do the Aquabats even play ska anymore?

I was under the impression they did not, but if they do holy poo poo I need to see them finally.

Edit: I mean I still like their non-ska stuff, but the ska era of the Aquabats was so much better :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Will it spoil me posted:

Streetlight Lullabies was pretty good. I really liked Tomas' acoustic songs he did for the AP show, and this is a good deal more than 4 impromptu songs. His solo acousitc stuff is much appreciated. In terms of 99sor, I think they should just make original songs. Drop the project if need be, but original or bust

I am pretty sure 99 Songs of Revolution is already done. Although who knows.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Beowulf posted:

What's your guys' opinion on Streetlight? I saw them live twice with RBF and didn't stay until the end both times =/ Their music is so fast-paced, it's hard to dance to, and the crowds are obnoxious 16 year olds and really wasn't crazy about it. I mean, I love jamming to them in the car but seeing them live really didn't float my boat.

I think Everything Goes Numb is one of my favorite albums ever :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think it was leaked a month ago or something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I actually feel bad for liking Cheer Up because I know they were pretty much forced to record it and they hated it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Olibu posted:

99 Songs of Revolution, Vol. 2 maybe.

Hahahahaha, oh man.

Man. That's a good one. :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

New Streetlight is never going to come out :smithicide:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

rear end Catchcum posted:

New posts?! Maybe they're about Streetlight...nope, just BTMI. Story of this thread's life.

I have a sinking feeling that THTT will maybe not show up in January.

Your move Tomas, I guess.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hobbit posted:

Perish the thought, I know, but what if the Hands That Thieve comes out and it sucks?

Well as long as it comes out. I want my preordered poo poo :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well I've wanted to see them live at least once for awhile now, this makes me sad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Youtube comments are magical. I didn't realize there was this giant, hatefuelled debate on whether or not Streetlight is actually Ska or not :geno:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm confused anyway, didn't they split with Victory awhile back?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

edit: Thanks goons! :cool:

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 20, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nasboat posted:

Four full days of listening to this album and it's still incredible. Definitely think it eclipses SITB. Not as good as EGN but then again, what is?

I didn't like it at first but the relistens have softened me up to it. Very much worth the wait and yeah it's way better than SITB.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Gravastars posted:

Yeah, it's for that reason it's probably my least favourite song on the album. It just feels like streetlight on auto-pilot and I zone out whenever it comes on. It might sound better as a Toh Kay track though.

...I completely forgot about the fact that we're getting an acoustic version of this album :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kill everyone at Victory. :smithicide:

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 29, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hobbit posted:

Ok, I've completely changed my opinion on "They Broke Him Down."

What, have you realized it's the best song on the album? :clint:

e: The Toh Kay album is out.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 30, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

TLG James posted:

How loving stupid. I want to throw money at Toh Kay. He should just set up a paypal or something.

I mean the bundle is still throwing money at him, right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So not only has the Toh Kay version of THTT been killed forever outright, there's a very realistic possibility that I will be getting a bundle with...no actual music in it when the time comes.

What a crazy, sad, and hosed up situation :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently some people have gotten their mega bundle things and there are no streetlight cds in it whatsoever :downs:

vvv: Well, last I heard it was a diceroll if the cd would be in there or not.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 13, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Okay since we're kinda talking about Streetlight again can I buy THTT from the RISC store yet? It still says pre-order, but it seems to be available physically on Amazon and I'm so confused and dumb help.

vvv: Ah right, thanks. I'll wait then.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 21, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm a bad person for laughing at nazi ska, but I must.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

guppy posted:

That is really exciting news, but these days I never know if I will love or hate any given new LTJ release.

Ooh, are you telling me I wasn't the only one who hated every single track on GNV FLA?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Have they announced what the "special gift" is yet for all of us who gave the money to the band instead of asking for a refund?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't understand why they just didn't get another trumpet player instead of ditching the horn section entirely and going to rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I think it was leaked a few weeks ago. It's alright, better than the last one at least.