Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

bowmore posted:

Someone is going to buy a ticket and put the recording up for all of us right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Hey did you guys know that FateoMcSkippy doesn't much care for Jeff Rosenstock or his associated music endeavors??

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Is Spotify the only place to listen to it?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
gently caress supporting a band I like.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Mandala was pretty clearly their best album so if this one followed that progression then I'm sure it's great. Haven't listened yet though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Need more CA dates imo

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Oh Jeff Rosenstock was mentioned I wonder when Fateo will show u- oh never mind.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Vacation is a god tier album for me

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Scrambles is still my favorite though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fateo McMurray posted:

This is the ska thread, where stupid fun is allowed. I think you're looking for the punk thread if you wanna poo poo on people for having a good time.

Says the most negative mother fucker in this thread

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fateo McMurray posted:

Jeff invites underage girls backstage too?

You're taking your dislike of the guy this far?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fateo McMurray posted:

No I'm insulting Tomas
yeah im dumb

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
1 shirt 1 hat

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Scrambles and Get Warmer are the most fun

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
They all own for real

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CodfishCartographer posted:

I hate that so many bands are releasing cassettes cis they may as well just be asking for me to donate to them - I can’t play the cassettes, and if a band doesn’t have any CDs or download links available it’s like they’re actively trying to get me to not listen to their music.

That being said, I instantly bought the Aquabats tape just cis it seems like a hard to find pickup. I have no idea how I’m going to listen to it. Time to hit up the local Good Will, I guess.

Can you seriously even find 5 examples of something that was only released on tape and not on CD or web?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CodfishCartographer posted:

I've been to a bunch of really small shows with bands that were good but had basically no online presence aside from a facebook page that never gets updated.

how kvlt of them

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
There's this

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB1C5DFC06FD2E7A9

and these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHdUaxsccTo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dexjYDtdqD8

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
whoa didn't see that coming

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol fateo would be the dude that spills his beer all over everyone

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
You've never listened to The Ergs dude oh man

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Rx Bandits are loving great and they only got better with age. Mandala is excellent.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i can't believe sneve's site is still up

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fateo McMurray posted:

Now I've been accosted about Jeff in person

yesssss

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Acoustic Ladyland used a bari sometimes right

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, I've tried those too. Just can't get into them. :(

You don't have to

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Wheat Loaf posted:

I reckon I've said loads of times at this point that as far as third wave bands go, I like the Toasters best. They're great. I like them and I like the Scofflaws and a few others, because they're closest to 2 Tone and all the 60s type R&B stuff, which is what I got into when I was learning to play the saxophone.

uhhhhh sorry the mighty mighty bosstones are objectively the best ska band

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
streetlight makes better music than the bosstones though, so at least they have a leg up there

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Misc posted:

What's Blink-182 doing right now besides skipping fake festivals? Someone get the Baron Von Tito a new rashguard and pair of Vans.

edit: I went to way more Streetlight shows than Bosstones in my youth (the hiatus didn't help). Even still I never find myself randomly humming a Streetlight tune like I do "Where'd You Go" or "Royal Oil". The Bosstones have had staying power through my life, man.

but for me the opposite thing as your thing

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
sonic libido, you friend is 17?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hackan Slash posted:

Hot take- Catch 22's recording of Keasby is better than Streetlights. Partly nostalgia, but as was said above the rawness and energy is so good. Streetlight sounds like they're just going through the motions.

A take so hot that literally everybody agrees with it

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
fateo maybe

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol give the aquabats millions of dollars

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ObsidianBeast posted:

I am unreasonably excited to see Streetlight Manifesto play the entirety of Everything Goes Numb in Baltimore on Saturday. I always love seeing them live, as their horn section is so good, but playing EGN straight through is awesome since I consider it one of my top 5 albums of all time. The icing on the cake is Mephiskapheles as the opener.

Not unreasonable at all. Streetlight has never been surpassed in the genre.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
im the hype man for a ska punk band and also the COO of an Insurance company.

Punk's not dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Pyronic posted:

In case you haven't fallen down this particular Internet Rabbit Hole yet, Engish VTuber Amelia Watson has talked about being a big ska fan and going to shows in the early 2000's and has been doing some cute covers of Streetlight Manifesto songs on karaoke streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qeV9hFees

:stonk: