Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does anyone have any reactions to how the Pilfers were on the RBF tour? I wanted to see them but ended up being busy the night of their Boston show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I saw them in Cleveland and thought they were ... OK. There may have been an issue with the PA; the band sounded lifeless and the singer was close to unintelligible, which was especially bad because he kept trying to get call-and-response things going and nobody could understand what he wanted us to say for the response. They managed to bring enough energy to almost make up for it, but not quite.

I was disappointed, because Dan P and RBF were both great. And neither of them had any issues with the sound. I'm not sure if the booth mixed the Pilfers wrong, or they just had an off night.

Coolie does do some scatting for his call and response, so it would be funny if that's why no one could understand it, although I'm guessing that isn't the case this time. I am going to hope it was technical or just they haven't gelled after not playing together for so many years, they are my second favorite ska band of all time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Are the Pilfers going to tour with The Toasters next year or are they doing one solitary show together in upstate NY? The Pilfers facebook didn't list any tour dates but had a poster for that up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since people are talking about how cool New York is, has anyone seen the Pilfers recently? I'm curious how they are now. I haven't been able to and Coolie Ranx was the coolest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

drat, catch-22 is still kicking??

hot take but while Streetlight is way better, I thought Dinosaur Sounds and Permanent Revolution were solid post-Tomas albums

This made me think "I wonder if the River City Rebels are still together"

and then this popped up today.

I will go for the Pilfers and River City Rebels and probably get reminded very quickly that we thought the River City Rebels were kind of washed up 20 years ago. Just thinking about seeing them, The Toasters, Big D and the Kids Table, Worthless United and other Northeastern punk and ska bands at the same two venues over and over again.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 19, 2024