Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Holy porkman! I had no idea the porkers were still gigging. I love all their stuff and was a massive fan in the nineties, but once their mailing list stopped posting updates I sort of assumed they just stopped gigging. Super excited to hear they're recording a new album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

How were The Porkers on Night 2? I'm so glad they're back from hiatus but sad only playing overseas (outside Aus) shows at the moment

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Fateo McMurray posted:

Mad Caddies has their covers album which was pretty good

This times 100

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's really hard for me to say any post hiatus song is better than any of Sister Mary, Waster Summers, I Wrote It, Death Valley Vipers, Pretty Sad Excuse, or They Will Need Music but I haven't heard any of the new album live yet so who knows

Itís almost like taste in music is subjective. Whoída thunk it?

Anyway, youíre all wrong. Bosstones are shot, the Caddies and the Interrupters are the best albums of last year and Tokyo Skapara are awesome.

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

guppy posted:

I really think Why Do They Rock So Hard? might be my favorite ska album overall. Almost nonstop winners, so many good tracks on that album.

It's funny, WDTRSH was pretty much my first real 3rd Wave ska album and mostly introduced me to the genre (although I listened to plenty of NOFXish Punk Rock and Madess/Specials 2ndwave beforehand) and WDTRSH introduced me to how much fun 3rd wave could be. I loved every song on that album, but now it seems so popbubblegum poo poo that I don't enjoy it anymore.

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Itís a bloody good album!

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Aside from the lovely title, thatís not a bad article and gave me plenty of bands to check out.

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Just in case anyone cares, I made a Spotify playlist of five tracks from every band mentioned in that Billboard article linked above.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1231399605/playlist/4QNaTwMWONE0ubGRXa5tv1?si=sO4pJdY-RnK8KbhKu0mmRA

Lots of good stuff in there based around the core 90s third-wave west-coast sound, but some older first and second-wave classics too plus lots of modern international bands that Iíd never heard of. Itís a great Ska sampler playlist.

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

snackcakes posted:

this is entirely too many songs, but it's also really cool so thanks for putting it together

You donít have to listen to it all at once, just put in on shuffle next time you have mates round for a skabecue.

And yeah, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 7, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

lessthankyle posted:

Happy Monday, enjoy the Bosstones dropping a 8-minute all-star track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcwNZLgVE1g

Here's the whole guest list:

This is amazing in many ways...