Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
I went to that show in Gainesville last night. I live in Orlando and made the trip over, and I really thought LTJ put on a good show but the crowd was dead. I just couldn't really enjoy it when the pit was just a bunch of dudes standing around with their arms crossed.

They played History of a Boring Town, though, which I've only seen them play once before (this was my 4th time seeing them) and that's my favorite live song. Only one better is Reel Big Fish's SR, when they go through the full genre list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
Somewhere in the Between, both the album and the song, are absolutely awesome. This album has lived up to the hype in ways that nothing I've ever seen has been able to do. And drat, the instrumental break down in Receiving End of it All is just mindshattering stuff.

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
Reel Big Fish is a great band that gets so much better after hearing them live. I've seen them 4 times but if you can't get to them, get their live album: Our Live Album is Better than Your Live Album

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE

loldance posted:

I can't upload The Aggrolite's video to youtube anymore (copyright), but they did a hilarious song about bananas on Yo Gabba Gabba. Search myspace for it.

Also, has anyone checked out the new Goldfinger CD? I love Get Up (even though it's like a PeTA anthem). It is really catchy! I think the rest of the CD sucks, though.

There's a Ska Prom in the Tampa/St. Pete area in a couple weeks with local south Florida ska bands. Are any of you who are in Florida going?

Got any info on the St. Pete show? I live in Pinellas but I'm away at school in Orlando now and want to see if it's worth the drive back home.

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
There's no reason not to see Streetlight. Ever.

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

Acoustic set with Tomas only.

Very good quality for a YouTube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms4PsH5yb7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGz4kjgc8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPOwftGonk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXvTJGwnVI

That'll be the day is loving awesome, jesus.

edit: Tomas from Streetlight Manifesto. Sorry I turn this thread into an SM thread from time to time.

These would be so much better if the crowd would just shut up and let the man sing. I've seen Streetlight a few times live and there are times where you just can't hear Tomas at all because the crowd loves to yell them and drown him out. I know it's fun and all and I do it a lot but Streetlight fans are just ridiculous at it. There were a few times at the last show where Tomas just stopped and let the crowd sing and while I guess he thought it was cool, it happened like 4 times so it just got annoying.

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
I saw Less than Jake for the 6th time tonight and their setlist was pretty bad but I was really impressed by Mustard Plug opening for them. They are way better than I expected, even though they're pretty generic.

Suburban Legends were pretty cool too but most of that was the novelty that they dance a lot during their shows.

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
Vinnie loves Gainesville yet hates it. I saw them play at UF last year and they were really into it, but talked about how boring Gainesville was and how there were so many rednecks. It's weird. Especially since there is nothing about Gainesville to like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
yellowcard mostly