Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

god damnit, Tomas :(

well there goes one of my Christmas gifts for my mom, she would've loved it, too

(yes, my 57-year-old mother is a die hard Streetlight fan)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

not a huge BTMI fan, though I am impressed with how prolific Rosenstock is/was under that moniker. I struggle to get into a lot of their stuff, though, outside of a few random tracks (493 Ruth, The First Time I Met Sanawon, Vocal Coach).

the best thing Rosenstock's ever done is still the combo of Sorry, We Steal/So Let's Go Nowhere

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

rear end Catchcum posted:

My exact thought process every time I see new posts. :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Hope it leaks early at some point. Still doing the preorder with all the greatness that comes with it, but I'm just so loving ready to listen to the album.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I had tickets to the Streetlight/RBF show at Bogart's in Cincy last winter but was unable to go. Need to get my ticket to the Cincy show in June, otherwise I might never see Streetlight live. :(

that show is the Friday after Bonnaroo, so I'm gonna be worn the gently caress out, but I absolutely cannot miss this show.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

Oh God, the Streetlight album finally leaked, and it is so good. So good.

8:39 p.m.

I almost went all loving day without getting fooled, and then it ended. with this.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

Ha ha, fooled you. Eeeew, that was a nasty trick we pulled.

I hadn't pulled a single prank all day, got home from work, checked this thread to see if the album leaked, and immediately realized that I would have fallen for it if someone else had done it. So, I'm sorry. But it's gotta leak soon, right?

It was well-played, and I commend you!

Surely it will leak soon. Getting a new single on iTunes was a nice surprise, for sure. Between that and the soundcloud samples, I'm ridiculously excited for this album.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Between what I've heard on the Amazon sample and the Soundcloud sample, 'They Broke Him Down' is gonna be incredible.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I can't believe the album hasn't leaked yet. This one single mp3 isn't enough, I need moooooooore.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

:neckbeard:

jesus christ, this album. worth the wait.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 20, 2013

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

It's been a long wait and I have such a stupid grin listening to it right now.

Same here -- and I'm having to fight the urge to just listen to "Ungrateful" on repeat. Gotta listen to the rest of the album first.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

seriously, this album is incredible. I love that feeling when you listen to a new album and immediately love the songs the first time you hear them, and know that the songs are only going to grow on you and get better with repeated listens.

The ones that really stand out to me so far are The Three Of Us, Ungrateful, The Littlest Things, They Broke Him Down and Oh Me, Oh My. So, half the album.

:allears:

and while writing this post, I realize the title track belongs on that list. basically, everything but "If Only For Memories"

Dodecalypse posted:

yeah seriously, I thought preorders shipped around the 30th?

it is out there if you look in the right place. Anything further becomes a :filez: issue, I'm sure.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

DOOP posted:

This is me right now Where is it? I gave Streetlight my money already. TOMMMMMM

edit: God bless youtube

If only you had PMs!

Your best bet is to find that Streetlamps thread that Dickeye was referring to earlier.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

The last minute or so of the title track. :swoon: :fap:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Possibly controversial opinion: I think this album blows "Somewhere In The Between" out of the water. Admittedly I wasn't as high on that album as most SM fans (give me We Will Fall Together, Watch It Crash and the title track and I could do without the rest), but THTT has far less weaker spots, IMO.

Of course, the weak spots on this album (to me) are If Only For Memories, Toe To Toe and (maybe) Your Day Will Come, so I realize our opinions can be wildly different since these seem to be favorites amongst others. All I know is I can't stop listening to this album and my neighbors are probably wondering when I'm gonna change it up and play something else.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

rear end Catchcum posted:

When does the new Streelight ship? I ordered it a decade ago and just want to know when I can expect it.

I believe the RISC store is shipping orders a few days before the 4/30 release date, so maybe later this week?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Four full days of listening to this album and it's still incredible. Definitely think it eclipses SITB. Not as good as EGN but then again, what is?

any other goons going to the show at Bogart's in June? I was ridiculously excited before hearing the album, now I absolutely can't wait.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gently caress Victory Records

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Dickeye posted:

Speaking of Streetlight, who's opening for them on this tour? I've got tickets for Thursday and I want to know if I can skip the opening band.

I'm seeing them Friday and the openers are Empty Orchestra and Rodeo Ruby Love, according to the venue's site.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Dickeye, I'd love to get an idea of whether or not they've tweaked their setlist for the EOTB tour, feel free to give a recap of the show tonight. I'm sure it will be good either way but I was kind of disappointed that they didn't seem to be doing much from the new album at their shows in May (also a lack of the best songs from EGN, i.e. the title track, That'll Be The Day, and only occasionally playing Point/Counterpoint)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Dickeye posted:

The Hands that Thieve

:woop:

gently caress yeah, don't think they'd been playing the title track recently. Show is gonna be great, I can already tell.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Dickeye posted:

Gonna be honest, there's a lot of stuff I wish they had played (Ungrateful, Watch it Crash, Point Keasbypoint), but Big Sleep made up for it all.

I think we pretty much got the exact same setlist. Killer show, but I would have the same general complaints (didn't play Everything Went Numb, That'll Be The Day, Point Counterpoint/Keasbey, Watch It Crash, The Littlest Things or They Broke Him Down). Would much rather have had a few of those songs swapped in instead of, say, most of the stuff they played off SITB (Would You Be Impressed, Mephisto's Cafe, Forty Days).

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

HisFlyingFingers posted:

Well, that was the craziest show I've ever been to. Lots of bruises.

Also, some kid lost his glasses about fifteen seconds to the first song (we were dead center, about thirty feet from the stage, so pretty much the middle of the pit). I had to tell him, "sorry kid, but you're never going to find them."

As we were leaving after the show, I did find a pair of glasses, pretzel-twisted and lensless, on the ground among the beer cups. Don't bring your glasses into the pit, folks!

sounds like you weren't too far from where I was. There was a group using a phone/flashlight to try to find something on the ground for about 3 minutes at one point, I wanted to tell them it was a pointless idea but I just watched the show instead, haha.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I'm pretty sure they did in fact play With Any Sort Of Certainty in Cincinnati.

They did, 100%. I have video of the crowd singing along with the chorus when the music drops. :allears:

to the best of my knowledge, the setlist was:

The Three Of Us
Down, Down, Down To Mephisto's Cafe
We Will Fall Together
With Any Sort Of Certainty
Would You Be Impressed?
A Better Place, A Better Time
Toe To Toe
40 Days
The Hands That Thieve
A Moment Of Silence
A Moment Of Violence
Oh Me, Oh My
The Big Sleep

Encore:
Here's To Life
Somewhere In The Between

I swear there's one missing but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. :(

e: for the record, if you heard someone yell 'gently caress VICTORY RECORDS' before they played The Hands That Thieve (after Tomas asked if we had all stolen the new album off the internet by now), that was me

nasboat fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

am I crazy or was the original Streetlight THTT bundle supposed to come with an autographed piece of artwork (maybe just the album cover) by Tomas?