Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ribena
Nov 24, 2004

Hag.

rocketpotato posted:

No love for Capdown? Granted their newer stuff is a lot different than their old stuff but its still worth a listen. Ska Wars however, still remains one of my favourite Ska songs ever. But they've split up and are playing their last ever show on the 9th November.

gently caress. I just saw on their website that this show has been postponed. And I had tickets too :(. Funny thing is I haven't heard a peep from the venue; if I hadn't have happened to check the website I'd never have known.

Also, I agree with what you're saying about ska. About 3/4 years ago when I was just finishing sixth form I used to go to ska shows every weekend with my friends (even saw the Bosstones although to my shame I didn't really know that much about them back then so didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. I hate myself.) but now there's barely anything on. Rock City (my local alt. club) plays the token two ska songs of a night but that's it. Too much MCR spoils the broth :cry:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU