Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
I am really surprised that so many people remember such a forgettable band as SGR. At best they were one of the less terrible of about a dozen or so ska bands cranking out bland, quirky third wave ska and wacky 80s covers in the Philadelphia/New Jersey area during that time.

I always thought that Public Service and The Slackers never got the attention they both deserved, though. I heard that Public Service is playing again, which is really cool.

Out of that 90s era surge in popularity, I still listen to the Pie Tasters (new album out now!), The Pilfers, The Blue Meanies and Let's Go Bowling. I really liked the bands that seemed to look at ska as another influence to be melded with their own sound and not something to do before they stepped on the distortion pedal and launched into the chorus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

seventeen posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that loves the Voodoo Glow Skulls :smith:

I actually wore out the record "Who is, this is" when I got it and then played the tape I made of it until it broke. After that I couldn't get into any of their later work.

I saw them with Skankin' Pickle and I was just amazed by how flawlessy SP blew them out of the water. I don't know what I expected from SP but I thought the Voodoo Glow Skull fans would be tougher and more energetic than a bunch of drunk guys screaming, "WHOODOO VOODOO WE DO?" over and over again. It was disappointing.

So I am with you on their first couple releases.