Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Tomas didn't know the lyrics for Blonde, but the shows were still great. Does anyone know what kind of surprises they'll do for the Starland show, also why is Mike Soprano leaving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Dickeye posted:

and someone at Skachilles is going to have their girlfriend record the new tracks

hopefully we'll get a release date tonight

We got no release date at the show.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Can someone give me a recommendation for what album/s to get into Ska-P?

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

aricoarena posted:

Planeta Eskoria, and Que Quorra la Voz! are my two favorites, I think they have a better mix of hard rear end rocking songs and bouncy fun songs.
Thanks a lot.

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Hey guys I just got into ska and so far I've only ever heard that Rancid song and some band called Giant Fish or something? What's good to listen to?
I get it!

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

drunk asian neighbor posted:

The last 2 Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra albums, Perfect Future and PARADISE BLUE are excellent. I haven't heard their earlier stuff but I imagine it rules too.

Stompin' on DOWN BEAT ALLEY is a really great album. As for other J-ska Oi-SKALL Mates are a lot of fun plus they do a sweet drunken version of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

lessthankyle posted:

If I can get a hold of a mic for my camera, I'm all over recording it. I might be able to rent one for the night.

Edit: Got a ticket. Woo! And apparently they added a Sunday show as well to handle overflow but it filled right up. This is going to be insane.

So if you got a ticket the would've responded to your email? If so drat it.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

The Sunday show kicked rear end, the encore was Everybody That You Love then in the middle of the second song the girl next to me got into a fight so that ended the show. If not for that they were going to play Syke! Life is Awesome, which would've ruled. If you get a chance to see BTMI before they head off to Europe the merch shirts are pretty great. I did see a couple of dudes recording the show so there is at least video floating around. I think the =w= was covered in duct tape not foil but whatever.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

BTMI is redoing their Weezer show with the blue album at SUNY Purchase's Culture Shock, so if you missed it the first time around you should start bribing some college kids.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

It's been a long wait and I have such a stupid grin listening to it right now. I can't wait for my deluxe nonsense to arrive it's a gift from my distant past self.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

drunk asian neighbor posted:

The title track definitely has some serious shades of BTMI. Awesome so far.

"Oh me, Oh my" Reminds me of Royal gently caress Deluxe a bunch.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Cheesegod posted:

I'm digging the Toh Kay album. Not as much as the Streetlight album, but it's really good. I like the new chorus in The Littlest Things and the extra verse that kind of wraps up the story in If Only For The Memories. Oh Me, Oh My is probably my favorite Toh Kay version though. It sounds very... nautical? I don't know how to describe music.

I agree with the nautical part, the into reminds me of a very specific town theme from a video game. Maybe Seaside Town from Mario RPG it's bugging me that I can't pin it down.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

I just did the donate thing for the Mega Bundle since I feel like that money is already gone. Though I am still waiting for the "we'll give you something special" thing from the last time I gave them some money when someone stole their stuff.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

aricoarena posted:

poo poo that was years ago when all their stuff was stolen in Europe (France?)2005/2006. They lost a hard drive with all the live recordings. They set up a paypal to send them money if I recall. They did come through on the free signed poster when they didn't ship any orders for like a year that one time.

Yup when their trailer with all of their instruments got jacked. I never really expected actually getting anything and I've seen Streetlight at least 20 times so I got my money's worth there.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Who is going to Irving Plaza tonight? Is Dan Potthast just going to be at every ska band's last NYC show? Not that I mind, I'm just going to start associating the heckler song with the disintegration of my fading youth.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Trip report:They played "They broke him down" and Michael Emerson was there.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Spaced God posted:

An idea to help the people who want skaggestions (oh god did I really just type that), maybe we can make a collaborative playlist on Spotify so they can see what the 90's nostalgic hivemind likes and get introduced to new music Jeff?

http://open.spotify.com/user/mrjell...0SAmBmKcRwAgZLw There's this that a guy from here has been adding to for a long time now. As for a request for myself I have a half marathon Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any particular song recommendations for my running playlist. Something in the vein of Mad Caddies The Gentleman where it's very fast and unrelenting or something with "Yeah you can do it" lyrics like The Aquabats Look At Me (I'm a Winner).

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

You're The Best by Joe Esposito from The Karate Kid Motion Picture Soundtrack

I'm good on montage songs, got a lot of Stan Bush. I was looking more for ska songs, to get more on the current level of the thread stuff like RocketRocketRocketship is what I was looking for.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Dandy Kaiser posted:

goddamn everyone in mephiskapheles is old as poo poo and it's awesome

Aw man I just realized they aren't the opener for both nights.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I really dig Westbound Train, they're like all jazzy and poo poo and the singer is a fatty

I like Highline a lot, actually; it's very intimate without being super tiny, kinda like a smaller Irving Plaza but the stage is way closer. I saw K-OS/Shad/Astronautalis, Streetlight (EGN full album show), and Houston Calls there and all three shows were really good; I've never seen a bad show there. I just hate loving 20 year olds who think the pit at a ska show is the same thing as a pit at a metal show and want to jump around like idiots and hit women in the face I want to dance you dickheads I'm old and poo poo and I don't want to get knocked over

this first guy was good but I spent the whole time wishing he was Dan P. I have no idea who the middle act is

e: I'm the guy in the wu tang shirt and the checkered cap with the FIF/bosstones/bedouin soundclash pins if you want to stand next to a stranger from the internet

I'm sorry I missed this as my phone was off for the show. Judging by the other people it was a good one for random strangers meeting. I wonder why last night had a bunch of youngings tonight seemed to be mostly old dudes.

Also gently caress that dude for not singing Johnny Quest.

Mollymauk fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2016 around 06:13

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

lessthankyle posted:

I had to leave before encore last night, what did they play?

Good Enough
Johnny Quest thinks we're sellouts(instead of liquor store)
Science of selling yourself short
Plastic cup politics
The rest of my life
Gainesville Rock City

Also apropos to this thread I went into a random bar after the show and this well dressed dude saw my Asob broke up again shirt and just started talking about how great Jeff is.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

In a cross over of my interests Jeff is on the comedy podcast Improv 4 humans today.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Bout to watch this orchestra play the songs of my childhood

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

https://albumminusjeff.bandcamp.com/ got some ASOB stuff and the proceeds go to RAINN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/jondotd/status/...3514992640?s=19