Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Yeah it was Alex Gakstaktakh or whatever his name is, so if you're reading this, gently caress you buddy!!!!! Your music is poo poo!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Max from Gnarwolves posted:

Hello everyone.
I want to respond to recent comments made against myself. Whilst many of you may not have seen this and the temptation therefore is to bury our heads and hope it goes away, this is not who we are or what we believe in.
Last night it came to my attention that a person named Kat has made a statement that they were groped and verbally abused by me at a nightclub in Glasgow in 2013. Obviously there is absolutely no excuse for this kind of behaviour and I want to take the opportunity to publicly apologise. I have also reached out to Kat to apologise personally.
I always hoped Gnarwolves was the kind of band that could be approached by people if they felt that they had been treated inappropriately. The fact that it has taken so long for Kat to feel comfortable to speak out means that this isn’t the case and is indicative of the seriousness of the situation. I apologise whole-heartedly for this and for any pain the way I acted has caused.
Over the past couple of years as men we have learned some serious lessons about the terrible things women experience at the hands of men on a regular basis. Lad culture in rock music is toxic and absolutely unacceptable and we have spent a lot of time examining and attempting to improve on our past behaviour. Being an entitled dick is not punk rock. We still have a lot to learn and wish to actively support and listen to people that are helping to make a positive change in our society. We really don’t want to be a part of the problem.
I would like to take the opportunity to say that it is important not to blame victims in these circumstances. Clearly, there is a problem with the way men treat women and we need to be able to have an open dialogue about it. People that have been wronged should be able to speak out without negative consequences to themselves. I clearly hosed up here and I applaud Kat for having the courage to speak out. I hope this apology will go some way to repairing the damage that my past behaviour has caused.
I am truly sorry. This is inexcusable behaviour that we absolutely don’t condone and hope doesn’t completely tarnish our intentions to treat all people with the respect and dignity that they deserve. I know more was expected of us and I’m sorry to let you down. Moving forward, we will be more considerate as individuals and collectively.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Max

This poo poo is rampant.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Goddammit it's so loving easy to not sexually assault people.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Inspector_666 posted:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

I hope Geoff from Thursday isn’t a sex pest

Hiding in plain sight by joining Lost Prophets.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Inspector_666 posted:

I was just up on stage, and then, oops! I grabbed you by the dick! How did that even happen? I have no idea.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Who knew that pop punk and emo, scenes that are propped up by men complaining about women, have a misogyny problem.

In good news Screaming Females and motherfucking Thou are touring together. DO NOT MISS THAT SHOW IF THEY PLAY BY YOU.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

In good news Screaming Females and motherfucking Thou are touring together.

Haha what

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Imagine the skeletons in the Blink 182 closet

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Thou a few nights ago..............opening for Boris

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Is there any dirt on Pennywise aside from all the coke the drummer does?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It's a weird partnership but both bands kick rear end

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
thats not even a weird bill, magrudergrind and lemuria did a tour a few years back

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Warped Tour is over after next year and I, for one, couldn't be happier.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i, for one, am devastated

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've never been to Warped Tour personally, but has it even been worth going to in the past decade? I haven't heard anyone say anything good about it in a long time.

I know they announced a date here last year (I think it was last year) at our minor league baseball stadium that's completely out of the way from downtown/anything touristy and where no other major concerts are held, so if that doesn't scream washed up, I don't know what does. It ended up getting cancelled, too.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i bet that guy from brand new thought something was good about it

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've never been to Warped Tour personally, but has it even been worth going to in the past decade? I haven't heard anyone say anything good about it in a long time.

I know they announced a date here last year (I think it was last year) at our minor league baseball stadium that's completely out of the way from downtown/anything touristy and where no other major concerts are held, so if that doesn't scream washed up, I don't know what does. It ended up getting cancelled, too.

Some were, at the beginning. The very beginning. I got Steve Cabelero's autograph on the board I had as a kid at Warped 2. That was worth it.

(although, that same warped introduced the world to limp biz kit on a side stage so maybe it was a bust after all)

(hang on, Lagwagon was there, too, dropping Double Plaidmium)

(wait, Sugar Ray was on stage 2 about to erupt)

(gently caress)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I went to Warped last year and had fun. Saw Every Time I Die, Vanna, and a handful of other bands I enjoy. Not my favorite thing ever, but fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ferrule posted:

Warped Tour is over after next year and I, for one, couldn't be happier.

They probably assume all the bands will be in jail by then.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

what do you folks think of the new Propagandhi album? I'm not digging it as much as Supporting Caste or Potempkin City Limits, but more than Failed States I think

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JawKnee posted:

what do you folks think of the new Propagandhi album? I'm not digging it as much as Supporting Caste or Potempkin City Limits, but more than Failed States I think

It's top 3 for me, along with PCL and More Rock Less Talk

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

For me it's the third best.

1) How to clean everything
2) Less talk, more rock
3) Victory Lap

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

late, but in honor of charlie kicking it: rest in piss

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Good Will Hrunting posted:

This poo poo is rampant.

When I saw Jeff Rosenstock touring for We Cool it was right after a lady had gotten groped at his show in like Dallas and a) the night it happened he went on a fuckin Twitter rampage about how hosed up it was and b) when I saw him he opened his set by just super angrily declaring that if you thought groping people was okay get the gently caress out because he didn't want you listening to his music

So I guess what I'm saying is the day we find out Jeff is a serial rapist I'm blowing my brains out

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jeff is a being of pure light

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Lord gave us his only son, Jeff

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

So I guess what I'm saying is the day we find out Jeff is a serial rapist I'm blowing my brains out

I think this would ruin punk music for me forever.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
kill your idols

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The Dirtyness posted:

I think this would ruin punk music for me forever.

I mean, our parents and to a lesser extent us all had to deal with this poo poo with The Beatles and David Bowie, musicians lead a drugs and sex lifestyle, so its not surprising that many of them get high and inappropriately touch people.

Like if someone told me right now "I can 100% prove Jeff Mangum fucks animals" i'd sigh and take a long hard look at myself and keep listening to Neutral Milk hotel forever anyway.

If you cant divorce the art from the artist, blow up your phone and sleep in the woods IMO

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean, our parents and to a lesser extent us all had to deal with this poo poo with The Beatles and David Bowie, musicians lead a drugs and sex lifestyle, so its not surprising that many of them get high and inappropriately touch people.

Like if someone told me right now "I can 100% prove Jeff Mangum fucks animals" i'd sigh and take a long hard look at myself and keep listening to Neutral Milk hotel forever anyway.

If you cant divorce the art from the artist, blow up your phone and sleep in the woods IMO

Jeff Rosenstock has deliberately or not cultivated an image of just being The Best Dude even outside of making rad music though, like half of his appeal is that he's a super nice and chill dude who genuinely cares about literally everyone he meets

It'd be like if tomorrow someone was like hey Mr Rogers was actually a serial killer and did the molesting but with a much smaller impact because nobody outside punk knows who he is

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Jeff Rosenstock has deliberately or not cultivated an image of just being The Best Dude even outside of making rad music though, like half of his appeal is that he's a super nice and chill dude who genuinely cares about literally everyone he meets

It'd be like if tomorrow someone was like hey Mr Rogers was actually a serial killer and did the molesting but with a much smaller impact because nobody outside punk knows who he is

Or it would be like the PWR BTTM thing six months ago

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Or it would be like the PWR BTTM thing six months ago

That was the most obvious poo poo of all time tho they seemed like a pair of absolute arseholes

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

stay depressed posted:

kill your idols

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh god what has Kill Your Idols done?!

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh god what has Kill Your Idols done?!

Speaking of Kill Your Idols. I went to Wrecking Ball in Atlanta last year and saw someone wearing an awesome Kill Your Idols shirt. It had the kid from Where the Wild Things Are standing looking at a crucified monster with the band name underneath. I regret not getting a picture and I’ve never been able to find a picture of it online.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I played D4's Midwestern Songs album at work one day, and my friend/co-worker really got into it. He bought a copy and started listening to it constantly, surprised that that's what's called pop-punk. So I introduced him to a few more bands he'd enjoy, and one of them was the Lillingtons. Thanks to that he's played Black Hole in My Mind several times a night for a week and it's driving me nuts (not in like a mad way).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEoapQdUJ_M

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

always preferred the Teen Idols for that kind of stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

JawKnee posted:

always preferred the Teen Idols for that kind of stuff

This song is bubblegum pop-punk perfection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvT4c_gqxU