Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«299 »
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What twinkly emo can I play at my wedding that’s nice everything is about breaking up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Friends Are Evil posted:

NEW DAUGHTERS SONG

https://open.spotify.com/track/0DtTf9hupqJ7kqvUMKw0IU

Assuming it'll get announced in the morning, but still.

Thanks for reminding me to buy a ticket for their NYC show in November. Also drat this is good.

Bape Culture posted:

What twinkly emo can I play at my wedding that’s nice everything is about breaking up lol

Prawn maybe?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 14:37

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Bape Culture posted:

“Sweet Avenue” by Jets To Brazil or “I’ll Catch You” by Get Up Kids

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

Fly on these secondhand wings
Willing to find out
What impossible means
I'll climb through the ladder
On feathers and dreams

Does Nightingale count as "twinkly emo"?

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014

Been looking for some good punk/emo poo poo and nothing is quite fitting the bill so I'm posting here in hopes for some recommendations.

I want basically one of two things or some adjacent kind of thing:

something with a bit of an early emo edge, with proper angst and anger/intensity, without veering too much into modern screamo territory (my fav bands maybe ever are unwound and moss icon, and particularly stuff like the early moss icon or heroin or unwound releases would really fit the bill here)

OR in a completely different ballpark, I want the same sort of like pitch-perfect power pop + saccharine modern emo poo poo going on in Joyce Manor's "never hungover again" (an album that, to my eyes, is perfect) - whenever I've checked out related artists it's lots of boring 5 minute songs (or Jeff rosenstock), stuff that just is lacking in the same kind of powerful, punctual, and sharp songwriting as whats on that album.

ive just been looking for new exciting stuff in the punk-adjacent realm and other than the idles release last year and rosenstock this year sort of (though it's grown stale to me a bit by this point) nothing in fuckin forever has really hit the mark.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PUP fits the second bill

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

New Birds In Row is out and it's solid.

https://open.spotify.com/album/34Uf...VS1OGL0q5ymn9ig

Henchman of Santa posted:

PUP fits the second bill

Also I would maybe say Single Mothers (again.)

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Kevyn posted:

“Sweet Avenue” by Jets To Brazil

Yeah..that's even got the line "this day could someday be, an anniversary"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

I was at The Story So Far/Taking Back Sunday/Coheed & Cambria with my brother in Charlotte last night and it was just awesome, we had lawn seats and just kicked it. Holy poo poo, it's crazy to think that I've been screaming along to these songs for like 15 years at this point but yeah, you can take the tiger out of the jungle I guess...

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2018 around 17:00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bust Rodd posted:

Holy poo poo, it's crazy to think that I've been screaming along to these songs for like 15 years at this point but yeah, you can take the tiger out of the jungle I guess...

This week I realized that Cross Out The Eyes is older now than I was when I first heard it.

«299 »