Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«302 »
The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

super thief rules, i'm already right there w/ you. we saw em last year in louisville and they were crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!

Nap Ghost

Just saw IDLES live and they’re so loving great. I haven’t had so much fun at a show in quite some time, and they’re super nice to talk to! Go out and see um if they’re in town, totally worth it.

The opener was Banbara and, having not heard them before, super impressed me. Great night overall.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014

new Joyce Manor is... spotty. They have a way with making particularly disappointing records (lately in late part due to weird production choices).

Maybe this is partly on me, since I think Never Hungover Again is basically perfect, who knows.

Anyway it's mostly good songs but it lacks much of an identity and is sonically all hosed up. The production choices on various songs are really strange and sterile, there's some weird like solid state guitar drones and kooky acoustic reverb stuff and kind of bland backing vocal mixes and all kinds of weird panning choices, I dunno what the hell was going on, especially since Kurt Ballou produced most of it. It seems really clumsy and insecure.

But most of the songs are pretty good (especially Up The Punx), but I wish Barry wanted to be in a punk band still, they're softening out which is fine in theory, but the songwriting starts to lose its punch when the resulting songs are less emotive (and produced to sound even more sterile).

These like acoustic ballads and "Silly Games"-type songs are pretty disappointing when you get a 20 min record every few years.

Still, when they're on, they're on, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in DC in a few weeks regardless.

90s Shoes fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2018 around 12:50

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I haven't really enjoyed anything after Never Hungover Again so i'm with you

«302 »