Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
Does anyone here like early 80's UK punk? Labels like Riot City, Rot, Clay, etc? If anyone does, lately I have been listening to the English Dogs way too much as well as Hagar the Womb, the Undead, and the Subhumans. I saw Citizen Fish last night with MDC. MDC was much better than Citizen Fish but I'm not really into that ska stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
Haha I can tell by your Avatar and quote that you are indeed a fan of the music I was referencing to. My friend made a tape for me of his Detestation LP (original!!), was just listening to it the other day. Did you hear Conflict is going to tour with Rubella Ballet in 2008?

Edit: Rudimentary Peni is amazing as well. The Death Church LP is one of the most powerful records of the early eighties.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
I was talking about GISM's album Detestation. Zounds would be great to see even just for a few older tracks. Uproar and the Fiend are reuniting for that big festival this December or early next year. It's only in the UK though :(

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Arson Equity posted:

Hah, wondered why anyone would bring up detestation, my bad. Zounds would be interesting, I'd definitely go but I don't really listen to the stuff anymore. There was a rumor Chumbawumba was supposed to play nevermind the ballots era stuff about four or five years ago but it never surfaced.

It's still kinda surreal to me how they went on EMI and put out that dance stuff... There goes like 15 years of credibility.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
I am really loving excited for the Conflict / Rubella tour coming up. My excitement raised when I read the Punk Lives! features on both bands tonight.

Speaking of which, not sure if anyone knows but you early eighties punk fans will be interested to check out http://punksishippies.blogspot.com/. This site has so many scans of many very rare and valuable zines. The quality of the scans is usually great and the information presented is awesome. A great look at a time that is very hard to find proper information for.

Also, if you like reading about it all and haven't heard of Ian Glasper's two books: The Day the Country Died and Burning Britain, I highly recommend both! The writing is a bit subpar but he isn't a professional writer; just a genuine fan of the music. You can get both on Amazon. Has anyone had a chance to read It Makes You Want to Spit! or No More Heroes? I'm really interested to check them both out.

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
What exactly is the fest at Gilman tonight? One of my friends is going to see this band 108 and my I'm sort of interested in it. What kind of music is played with the bands tonight?

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
I don't really like that hardcore stuff so I decided not to go to that show at Berkeley. How was it?

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
Discharge is playing Warped Tour dates in California...............

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
I really want to hear a statement from the band. Does anyone have any information on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phillyt
Dec 2, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I got a flyer when I was in Japan for a Discharge/GBH/Exploited show in Osaka where Framtid, Warhead and AI were the opening bands. I was totally cracking up at the thought of the three opening bands being wayyyy better than any of those British bands have been in many years.

Also, it's not Discharge without Cal.

Oh yea, that's where some of the dudes in D-Clone got their jackets signed.

Edit: Kind of surreal to see a Chaos Non Musica fan posting in SA... Speaking of which, did you see Morpheme is now playing Chaos in Tejas? I definitely am going as I've only seen Morpheme once but they are truly an amazing band that only comes so rarely.

Phillyt fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 2, 2010