Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

mrmanatee posted:

After having Screeching Weasel's self-titled album for a while and still loving it, what album should I get next?

Boogadaboogadaboogada! tends to be the general favorite, but you really can't go wrong when it comes to Screeching Weasel, honestly.

I saw the Ergs! last Monday at a house show and I can easily say it's one of the best three live acts I've ever seen. The fact that they went to some sketchy backyard in Raleigh to play the night after they headline at the Fest 6 was so amazing to me. I got to help them set up too, which was :buddy:

Slackerish fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

RunTo TheHills posted:

They've got new stuff out? As of when?

Just recently. And I have no idea what the other poster is talking about, there's not a song on the new album that I don't absolutely love.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

RunTo TheHills posted:

Nope, but i'm on the hunt for it.

Er, "if" I had a link to it, would it be illegal for me to post it since Definace Ohio puts all their music up for free anyway?

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Thatoaklandkid posted:

You're right, I was initially a little underwhelmed, but I'm on my third full listen right now and it gets better and better every time.

Someone mentioned they thought there weren't enough sing a longs, but I can't wait to scream along to Oh, Cheri and The Things we Won't Let Settle but Let Settle

I will agree with you that Anxious and Worrying is there best song. But other than that it's hard to choose a favorite. Every song is really fun.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

walkingistillhonest posted:

Slackerish, I set up the Richmond show just before the Fest. Let's get some Richmond - Raleigh connections happening. https://www.myspace.com/mammalmansion

I actually meant setting up sound equiptment and poo poo, but I could give you the myspaces of some bands around here that tour, and that I'm sure would love to play in Richmond. Can I get your AIM or something?

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

RunTo TheHills posted:

Sup dudes, list me some good Folk Punk bands.
I already listen to TBIAPB, Defiance Ohio, Young Pioneers, Ghost Mice, maybe a few others i can't remember right now.

Nice & Friendly are good. I'll also third/fourth/whatever Mischief Brew. You basically listen to the essentials, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

DaLkO posted:

Me and 7 other friends just won spots on the guest list for Municipal Waste and Suicidal Tendencies next week. So loving stoked! Especially considering tickets were like $25 if we didn't win...

You're reallllly lucky. A bunch of my friends saw Municipal Waste and all agreed that it was the best show they'd ever gone too. And these are guys who average 1-3 shows a week, so..