Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I spotted a Man is the Bastard poster in Ten Things I Hate About You the other day. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

When did What Price, Wonderland? get good?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Hatred Surge - Deconstruct = Album of the Year

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Really late on this one, but Moutheater are one of the most enjoyable bands I've heard in a long while.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Chokebore are reforming for a while to play some European dates soon, you should all go, Chokebore owned.

edit: Also, Swing Kids are releasing a new 7" apparently? What.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 20, 2009

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

i'm not as much of a fan of this one as the others but it's still a great album, i saw them last year and the venue was so small i was standing on joe's feet, now they're playing a huge venue here that's sold out, i'm glad for them.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Bread Dragon posted:

I just saw Protomartyr on Saturday and I have to say that I found the stage presence tepid and the music uninspired. Didn't understand the hype. It felt like someone had out-ironyed The Killers and convinced punks that it was cool. Luckily they were playing with Sheer Mag and Downtown Boys, two of the best bands in the circuit right now (Downtown Boys was the most exciting thing I'd seen since Coneheads months ago, and in the short list for most invigorating sets in my life), as well as with Potty Mouth and Pity Sex, both of which were totally serviceable and brought more game than Protomartyr. I love postpunk, but I'm more of a Drive Like Jehu & Jesus Lizard kinda postpunk.

I think Downtown Boys are god awful, different strokes. I don't see the Protomartyr/Killers comparison, they're a working class band from Detroit, the singer is in his late 30s, I don't think it's necessary for them to have an explosive stage presence, that's not what the music is about.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 21, 2015

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I don't get taking pictures/videos at shows, who wants a bunch of blurry footage, let the dudes with the pro cameras do it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

JawKnee posted:

if there's one ethos central to the genre it's definitely 'let the pros do it'

deep impact on vhs posted:

at 90% of punk shows there isn't gonna be a pro cameraman or videographer, there's gonna be a bunch of people with their phones

I didn't say pros, I said the dudes with the pro cameras, dudes who are regular fans like the rest of us like unARTigNYC are gonna do a 10x better job of it than people with cameraphones ever will, if you're gonna video it go all out and at least put some effort in so I don't have to see a sea of motionless dudes staring at their phones that get upset if you bump them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZHjYfvrug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Okay so that Title Fight house show was loving awesome. There was 200 people all crammed into this dude's living room. There was zero personal space, people were crowdsurfing past kitchen cabinets and the cops shut down the show after 20 minutes. It was way more punk rock than their set at the festival probably would have been anyway. I'm so glad I went :D

I can get down with Title Fight as a kind of guilty pleasure but all the videos I've seen of their shows seem unbearable, full of kids that don't know how to crowdsurf, ie: going in feet first spear kicking guys straight in the face and fat fucks cannonballing crushing the 16 year old girls at the front.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

reduce the woman into a red wine reduction, baste the turkey and set on high

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

ASSASSINS! posted:

:pcgaming: Death Side are playing in NYC april 16th. :pcgaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUl6tYVtZIU

apparently GISM are playing some festival too???

http://www.roadburn.com/2015/11/g-i-s-m-to-reappear-and-playing-their-first-ever-show-outside-japan-at-lee-dorrians-2016-roadburn-event/

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

my fav band of last year released an album finally, it's a free download too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNxBCAD0uw

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

rip john stabb </3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMgPVLbQvM

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

misfits only had like one or two good songs anyway.

what the gently caress

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

to be very much controversial against me were never good and GLOSS are garbage

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

stay depressed posted:

there's a lot of things you can do about someone invading your personal space at a show other than silently fuming about it until you can post about it on a forum

yeah you can be totally cool chill guy who is a show veteran and gives 0 fucks and tells these nerds how its on the same forum too ftw

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

I went to Zesta Grande in 2019 (just one night), and I think 2 or 3 bands had sub 10 minute sets lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7YshiFTjlA

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Any UK heads go to Outbreak? Had a sick time, even enjoyed Turnstile who I think are mostly awful on record.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Scowl are sick live, can't stand the records. Singer had a great cameo singing when I saw Militarie Gun too

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Outbreak have started releasing some of their pro-shot stuff, my tied favourite set of the weekend (other two were Drug Church and Militarie Gun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PLPS65KVvI

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Pop punk as a genre peaked with Another Music in a Different Kitchen. Which is also the best 70s punk album.

Not even the best Buzzcocks album, nor the best 70s punk album, nor the peak of pop punk! I disagree thrice!!!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I am legitimately curious, can you post examples that check all these boxes and are not fascist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlrgwwMEgSg

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

treat posted:

(because early 2000's hXc sucked poo poo and still does).

:bighow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Piss Creep posted:

I love when a punk band finally gets to their Ugh, we have always wanted to be rich, FINALLY stage. And just changes course.

word?