Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

Inspector_71 posted:

I know it's only February, but I'm putting Board Up The House up for Album Of The Year. It's loving amazing.

Yeah, as soon as I got it I listened to it around 3 times and another time in the car the next morning. This is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

Parachute Underwear posted:

I listened to Board Up the House today for the first time (wanted to listen to it uninterrupted so I waited till I got on my 1hr bus commute this morning to do so :3: ) and holy gently caress. There's just no song better than the other, it's all so loving good.

Did they recently acquire a bassist or did someone from the band play bass in the album? It really adds a new layer of sound that I felt was sometimes missing from Dead Mountain Mouth.

Also, Greg Puciato can do no wrong, especially combined with other vocalists. He does an admirable job in Colony Collapse (if it is him), and the part where he sings alongside Dimitri in Fix Your Face off Ire Works just sounds so loving harsh and amazing.

Yes, there actually is bass. The guitarist of Genghis Tron plays bass on the album, but I guess they either program it in live to play or just leave it out. You can see him playing the bass in their studio video here http://blogs.guitarworld.com/metalkult/in-the-studio/genghistron/

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

EvilRobot posted:

So, after years of putting it off, I finally took my records out of their beloved milk crates and put them on a bookshelf I just assembled.

Only to discover my cat had urinated on about 15 of them.

And I can't find my copy of Feel the Darkness.

This totally loving blows. That's just about my favorite album of all time.

My cat peed on the corner of my science project poster in 7th grade. I left the pee stain on it :cool: