Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

Slackerish posted:

Boogadaboogadaboogada! tends to be the general favorite, but you really can't go wrong when it comes to Screeching Weasel, honestly.

I saw the Ergs! last Monday at a house show and I can easily say it's one of the best three live acts I've ever seen. The fact that they went to some sketchy backyard in Raleigh to play the night after they headline at the Fest 6 was so amazing to me. I got to help them set up too, which was :buddy:

Slackerish, I set up the Richmond show just before the Fest. Let's get some Richmond - Raleigh connections happening. https://www.myspace.com/mammalmansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

mrmanatee posted:

Basically the whole Plan-It-X catalogue is good for this... except most of it is actually pop punk. But in general it's not a very well-defined genre. Aside from what's already been mentioned, Mark Leonard and Wingnut Dishwashers Union are good.

On a related note: I really like all things Spoonboy; both his solo album and the Max Levine Ensemble are excellent.

Spoonboy rules. We played with Max Levine at the Black Cat the other night. Quality dudes. I get so happy every time they cover "Divorce Court"

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
I just preordered the new Lemuria LP. loving stoked.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Is anyone going to Lemuria's record release tonight in NY? I am stuck in Richmond but I pre-ordered the LP, it should be coming soon!

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

I've got that feeling. I slept on the Ergs forever, and just picked up one of their albums this week. What the gently caress. I've been dancing around my room like an idiot all day.

I've been doing this for like 3 months straight now. drat fine band.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

rivals posted:

Got my Lemuria preorder today. The record is awesome, but the sleeve has a huge loving seam split. Oh well.

got it a few days ago and while my seam split isn't huge, there is one.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Kickass show in Richmond Saturday, March 1st

@ Rumors (clothing store next to Harrison St. Cafe) 7:00 pm

Double Dutch

Friendly Fire

Delay

The Ergs

The Max Levine Ensemble

No alcohol in the venue, there is a bar next door.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

Lazlowrocks posted:

The Ergs!* :colbert:

Technically, also: Delay!

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
My band recorded a demo today in my living room in 12 hours.

You can get it all for free download via myspace.

Let us know what you think!

https://www.myspace.com/friendlyfirerocks

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Marked Men are awesome.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

leisure no capi posted:

Crazy house show at the Panhandle House is always a good idea. Didn't make it to this show because on my way from Kansas City I got in a wreck in Oklahoma. I'll probably never get to see La Quiete, oh well.

Panhandle House loving rules. Last time I was there was for Teenage Cool Kids and Total Abuse there in May when I was back in town. If you don't come out of that house drenched you're doing something wrong. loving Denton crust DIY kids are the best.

Anyways, I got rebirthed into War Hungry after seeing them again recently and I've been killing Return To Earth.

gently caress yes. 715 Panhandle is awesome. We played there this summer with Trifle Tower. TCK are awesome guys as well. The bumper of our van fell off when we pulled into the driveway of the Panhandle house, so we left it there with a thank-you note written in sharpie on it.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

Dickeye posted:

I just heard that the Ergs are breaking up
They're doing shows till November, putting out another 7", and calling it quits

Mikey is starting something new. He plays in a band called the Used Kids with Nate from the Modern Machines.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Don't get too worked up then, it's Nate on vocals. Still very good though.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

As sad as it is for me to admit this, but I pretty much cut my teeth on the early to mid 90's Boils/Violent Society PA scene. I'd still go just to say hey to Greg again.

Does anyone know what Mike from Violent Society/The Vote is doing these days? We played with The Vote a bunch a few years back and I still love their two full lengths. I hope he's still making music.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
My band, Friendly Fire, just put up a new song called Sinking Feelings.

https://www.myspace.com/friendlyfireva

It's coming out on a split 7" with Tenement, from Wisconsin, this spring.

https://www.myspace.com/tenementwi

If any of you are midwesterners/Wisconsinites and you haven't seen Tenement yet, do it. They are one of the best bands around right now. Enjoy!

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

Why the gently caress would Roach Motel play anyway they where from Florida.

Having said that, US Chaos and Violent Society is every single central PA show from 1996. If Bomb Squadron and The Boils where playing I'd get scared.

Does anyone know if Mike from Violent Society/The Vote is still making music? The Vote are one of the most underrated bands of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
My new band recorded a demo this weekend. We're called Sundials, and play 90s influenced indie/alt rock out of Richmond, VA. Some of us used to play in Friendly Fire and our drummer plays with Fine Lines/The Black Powder. You may enjoy us if you like the Lemonheads, the Replacements, Lemuria, etc...

You can download the demo here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1j4rnjdzblz

Our myspace is:

http://www.myspace.com/sundialsrva

Hope you like it!