Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm a 35 year old dude who hasn't been to a punk show since seeing guttermouth like 15 years ago but I saw a flyer for Alkaine Trio playing in October and immediately bought tickets because I loving loved them to pieces back in the day. How much am I going to hate myself at this event friendly goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bust Rodd posted:

It depends on the city but there’s like 10,000 combinations of any 10 songs that would make for a great AT set so you’ll be fine, but it also depends on the city your seeing them in.

I pretty much love all their stuff (even after they got kinda lame) but I am seeing them in Seattle (boo hiss!) at the Showbox Sodo (ehhhh).

e: aww gently caress me I just double-checked their dates and I probably could have seen them a day earlier at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland instead.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 8, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hot Diggity! posted:

there's a new alkaline trio song and it ain't bad man! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3KSXeqWYVU

Is This Thing Cursed (My Dick)?

That was pretty drat good for new Alk3 and I am that much more excited to see them in October. Although I kind of want to see them play with Blink-182 at some point and watch Matt exhaust himself.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well got to see Alkaline Trio last night and they shredded. They pretty much stuck to big crowd pleasers which was fine BUT they played "she took him to the lake" and I wasn't honestly expecting to hear that and it made my night. Since I'd never seen them before I was a little surprised that they didn't do the cliche thing of coming back for an encore with acoustic instruments and playing "blue in the face" or one of their other acoustic songs, but they did close out with "Radio" which was about as perfect as I way to close as possible I think.

Would definitely see again but I dunno, I think the Showbox Sodo kind of sucks and I'd much rather have seen them at the Paramount or the Moore.