Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rat Salad
Apr 15, 2007

arms are for hugging (and killing fascists)

Parachute posted:

I've been re-obsessing over Clockcleaner as of late.

Have you listened to Pissed Jeans? You probably have, but if not then you should totally check them out. They're basically the same idea except much sludgier, and probably with more hatred towards mankind. Great subject matter too, with songs like 'Ashamed Of My Cum' and 'Scrapbooking'.

http://www.myspace.com/pissedjeans

I'm sure this isn't their Myspace (they're not from SC) but it's got some awesome tracks either way.

They have two albums out, Shallow and Hope For Men. Shallow is the more rocking and fun one while Hope For Men's maybe too twisted for the average listener. Both are pretty astounding though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Salad
Apr 15, 2007

kirkjames posted:

Incredible album, they only get better with each release.

Also this is even LESS relevant to the thread, but since they have at various times dipped into crust, d-beat and some hardcore, I'll mention that the new Boris album has leaked too.

Wait, at various times? I've heard Vein and I love it but I thought it was their only punk album. What am I missing?

Rat Salad
Apr 15, 2007

MrWhite posted:

Soooooooo I've been listening to a lot screamo/emo violence type hardcore lately, and I'm looking for some more bands that might be up my alley and still around and playing today preferably.

Anyone recommend me some bands like:

Ampere
Pg. 99
Orchid
Wolves
Swing Kids
Union of Uranus
Amanda Woodward
Welcome the Plague Year
The Red Scare
Palatka
Louise Cyphre
La Quiete
Circle Takes Square
Neil Perry
City of Caterpillar
Don Martin Three

(or alternatively, if you are looking for some good screamo and haven't heard this, I highly recommend the listed above)

I haven't heard of a bunch of those so thanks, really, but definitely check out Honeywell and Mohinder.