Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
Harlequin Babies is really good; wish I could get my hands on a CD-R or something so I could listen to them often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

zeldadude posted:

Yeah, that snow storm loving sucked, I could barely get out of my driveway :(

Good poo poo though. It wasn't like most shows, too - ALL of the bands were sick. Shipwreck was loving awesome, as was Blacklisted. People went pretty nuts for Give em Hell, too.

Great show. This one is very tempting, but Worcester is a loving pain in the rear end to get to.

Earth Crisis
Terror / Sworn Enemy
Shai Hulud
Down To Nothing / Recon
On Broken Wings
Since The Flood / Unholy
Rick Whispers

That's a hell of a show for one night....when does this start? I might come up fromt CT for this, or go to NYC is the lineup stays intact.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Lazlowrocks posted:

The NYC one is with AF, right? I'd come up from CT too but I don't have a car ATM. If the NYC one is the one I'm thinking of, I'll probably find a way to go with someone that likes AF. :D

So NYC gets Agnostic Front? gently caress yea... Kinda wish they didn't go so breakdown heavy on their last 2 albums though.

edit: just saw this on the knitting factory site

FRI May 9 6:00 PM hosed Up, Hard Skin, Invasion, Dustheads

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 25, 2008

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Is Backstabbers Inc together for one show or are they doing a reunion? They were such a fun band

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Xithyl posted:

I can't wait for my Blacklisted pre-order to ship. That and my Ceremony Sound & Fury press and my Hope Conspiracy "Death Knows Your Name" from eBay.

:love:

New Blacklisted is pretty loving sick. It's not one of the best hardcore records ever, but of the new class it's up there. That Hope Conspiracy album is real good too. Took me 2 listens to really get it, but it's got a couple jams on it that I immediately turn to when pissed off.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Competition posted:

NFG cover of No Reason Why (Gorilla Biscuits) is sick.

When I saw this was happening a while ago I was kinda shocked they'd have the balls to do this. I picked this up for my wife since she gets into NFG in the car and she hates the GB cover so I know it's good.

The Int'l Superhero hardcore poo poo is kinda funny too; I had picked this off the web and the Fashion Show song is funny as hell. edit: The whole thing is dumb as poo poo, but it's funny since it's all stereotyped.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 27, 2008

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

rivals posted:

Yeah, that show is going to be loving ridiculous. Limited to 300 people. I haven't seen NFG in like 6 years.

They were still good live bout 3 years ago (last time I saw'em) So long as their drop their last album off the playlist it should be a great time. I really really hope ISHC "opens"

I'll be leapin like an rear end in a top hat if they do

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Inspector_71 posted:

Holy poo poo what birth defect does the guy on the far left have?

retard strength....

New Killing the Dream kicks serious rear end; I'll be buying it when it's out. Right from the start it just kicked me in the nuts and didn't let up till the end.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

WashinMyGoat posted:

Murphy's Law is playing in my town tomorrow night. Are they worth seeing for $12 if I've never listened to them besides single tracks and I don't care for any of the local bands opening?

They're alright....fun band live and they'll bring old punks out.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Hydrac7 posted:

I've always thought that the people who listened to Shai Hulud were the same kinda people who liked poo poo like Hatebreed or Bury Your Dead.

It's getting to the point where you can add Terror to the list....they need to slow down on the releases before they go down the path of sucky generic records (Bury Your Dead).

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

I got a Bomb The Music Industry! tattoo, and I think I'm going to get a Defiance, Ohio tattoo. Mostly because I'm an idiot.

I wouldn't do it unless one band member has died.

I'm kicking around the idea of a black arm band with the germs circle. Doubt I'll do that when I have other stuff to do that isn't band related though.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Wizard Mannequin posted:

The new Rudimentary Peni is loving amazing.

Confirmed....It's so good to hear a real old school punk record this year. I dig hardcore and emo and all, but straightup punk is what keeps me going. The cover art is amazing as well.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New Down To Nothing split is floating out on the interwebs. Only 6 songs total, but they're fun and worth a listen.

Other side is 50 Lions and they're the same style of hardcore and not quite up to DTN level.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

A Boring Story posted:

The new Off With Their Heads album is streaming over on their Punknews profile and holy poo poo, it's amazing. Immediately one of my favorite records of the year.

I got my hands on this and it's waaaay up there for the year. Anything Paddy touches (or in this case used to be close to) is gold. Now if only D4 would put out a new record too

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 26, 2008

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

This rules. So much. They are going to be in Phoenix on Thursday and I really hope i can make it! Summer school sucks.

sex offenders rule??

WN is good stuff but that's just weird. I'm guessing it's some stat rape charge and not true pedo garbage. otherwise gently caress that

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

Interesting response, one I didn't anticipate. Statutory rape is morally higher ground than pedophilia? The latter includes in many states people in longstanding relationships not even engaging in actual sex when only a few years apart.

No, he's about as un-PC as they come, in a really innocent way. I love him to death. When I first met him he played my house with Get It Away and kept asking me where he can find a project girl, because he has problems getting girlfriends and he heard project girls are easy. He didn't know it referred to the projects aka public housing/HUD/section 8 etc. I love him, but he hangs out with some real retards (incl. me). He isn't aware of the problem with his roadie though.

Their roadie is wanted in Indiana.

Yea that does look bad now that I re-read how it was typed. Isn't stat used when some 18-19 gets down with a 16 yr old? That's still abusive in my book, but I was just thinking it was something like that and the band probably wouldn't know about it unless the guy talked about it on his own [/end that derail] reg offender is bad news no matter what since they probably did something really questionable to get charges to stick

Public Serpents = disappointment

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 28, 2008

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New Sloppy Seconds is really fun; long live junk rock

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

COCKISPOISON posted:

Caught both bay area Portraits Of Past shows this weekend, both were loving awesome although their merch selection was totally lackluster. Was loving stoked that Yaphet Kotto didn't play because Mag the Rapist decided to get shitfaced at a bar and be so late to the show his band had already given up, packed up and left.

Also caught the second Peligro Social show with the new lineup on Sunday afternoon with Verbal Abuse (boring) & Krum Bums (heinous.) Peligro was on top of it, the crowd loved it and a good time with a frisbee was had by all. Pullout is a new hardcore band composed of members of Monster Squad and DCOI with more of a Righteous Jams type sound. They opened, I think it was their first show (or one of them) and I picked up their demo - pleasantly surprised. I think they have a myspace, check it out!

Did Monster Squad split or is this a side project? I really liked their last album....it was back to the roots. I've never gotten the chance to see them jam live though damnit

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New hosed Up leaked....waiting for everything to be complete before listening :rock:

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

kirkjames posted:

Just to let you dudes know, some guys from Perth Express, Trainwreck, and some other German bands started a new, female fronted hardcore band called Glasses.

Check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/glasseshc

Is this the same Trainwreck that did the split with Comadre? That's all I've got from them if it is I liked'em.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Because Larry Arms is a great great band. Brendan and Chris just get it done no matter what style they're feeling at the time.

New Paint It Black......1st track Salem. drat I almost lost it while driving. It was that good.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I'm glad some other people on this thread are digging this. Bronx is awesome.......mariachi is awesome......

It was meant to be.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

So New Mexican Disaster Squad broke up :(, but they got the vocalist from Municipal Waste to lay down vox for a new album. The bands called No Friends and it's pretty rad.

Just saw Thursday for the first time in a good 6-7 years and they rocked the house. Played lots of Full Collapse and new stuff (which was their best since Full Collapse)......I've missed going to shows. It's time to get back out there I think.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

So new Dead to Me leaked/is streaming. The first listen didn't blow me away like Cuban Ballerina did. But after a couple of listens, it's grown on me like crazy. I still miss Jack, but after i got over his absence, I think they're moving in a really good direction with this album. Any other opinions?

It's pretty good, but it's just not the same band. Chicken should've changed the name. I had spent the whole album waiting for Jack to contribute some vocals 'cause I didn't know he had left and when it was over I was bit mad. I do like the new direction though.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I knew I should have been digging around for shows to go to...pissed I missed Fang Island and Red Sparowes in CT.

AJJ is an awesome band, but I can see how a lot of people just don't like them. The warbling is weird as hell. Can't Maintain is much more accessible, but not necessarily better. Check that out and let it sink in before digging into the old catalog.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I think I agree that Candy Cigs is their best, but I started out with their Ghost Mice split and PTEP album. PTEP has got to be their weirdest album and although I know that Can't Maintain is really good it's the bottom of the full lengths to me. When you can recommend their "worst" as a great record to get into then you're talking about a drat good band.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Night Birds do loving rock. They had one of the best short releases so far this year and I can't wait for a full album.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

lifeloveregret posted:

ENVY - 2010 TOUR DATES

10/01/10 New Haven, CT Lily's Pad at Toad's Place**

:D

loving Toad's....oh well I'll still be there.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I didn't catch that it was just the lily pad and not the main stage. I've been to a bunch of shows on the main floor that I've enjoyed quite a bit, but it seems like the place tends to pull in Yalies no matter who is playing.

It's not a real big deal, but Danbury, Hamden or Hartford seem to get stronger crowds who are there for the music. Maybe I'm just an old elitist douchebag.

I'll most likely go to hosed Up and Defiance too.....even if they're just using the lily pad. I guess they're keeping the main area open for drinking and just using the side room to house the band. It'll be funny if they push the pool tables up against the walls.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Just got back from Minneapolis and ended up going to the Triple Rock and seeing Kevin Seconds do his acoustic thing. Very cool place and a good show. There was a dude opening for him, Nato Coles who had a pretty good set as well. "If we can walk together we can folk together."

Also Frank Turner kicks all kinds of rear end....saw him 3 weeks ago (at the Webster Underground) I never have a hesitation to recommend his albums to anyone since he transcends all genres.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Well that's different. I'm curious as to what the whole atmosphere of the album is going to be.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Angrybarrel posted:

Anyone want to throw me some punk bands with a female singer that aren't x, soviettes, joan jett, tat, or distillers

I still love the Profits (they split male/female vocals)

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 8, 2010

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

nosophoros posted:

I just discovered TRAP THEM and uh, holy poo poo, this stuff is amazing.

Here's their MySpace; 'Pulse Mavens' is loving incredible:
http://www.myspace.com/trapthem

Anything similar out there?

I think Rise and Fall might work out well if you like Trap Them

Seance Prime was so loving good I've been hooked on TT ever since.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

act five posted:

Oh man, Touche Amore ripped poo poo up tonight. Envy was amazing, as expected. It's a shame Trash Talk had to cancel though

Oh so you went to the Pad too? I fuckin loved Touche Amore's set and was happy to see the crowd really into it. Some goofball was bitchin bout Envy towards the end of the night and proved my point on Toads crowds. I'm not sure why that chucklehead was hanging around if he wasn't into the headlining band.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

attackmole posted:

I'm seeing DOA on Wednesday cause it's cheap and I know that if I don't go I'll regret it. Where do I start with the band?

Hardcore '81 and Something Better Change

Everything else is at your own risk

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New None More Black is golden. I'm pumped to hear the new Queers and Methadones in a couple weeks too....too bad the Methadones are done.

For tough guy hardcore the new Donnybrook was pretty decent too.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 19, 2010

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Hell if I know about Donnybrook.....the wonders of the Internet came back with a new album from them.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

poo poo I really want to go to that Waterbury show tonight.....guess I don't have much time to get my act together with a 6 o clock start.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

LtTennisBall posted:

So today Punknews reviewed the Dopamines record Expect the Worst. 10 times.
http://www.punknews.org/

April Fool's Day you jackasses

I had gone on there and saw the reviews on the right side panel clogged with Dopamines reviews. I'm sad about the New Haven incident......so god drat messed up. I hope they catch the fucker who shot Mitch. I didn't know him, but I don't have to.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New Lows has got my ear lately.....it's such a grimy rough sound. I'm a sucker for downtuned guitars I guess.

The new Gateway District seems freaking great as well, they have a feed up and it initially sounded much better than their first record which I couldn't get into for whatever reason. Nice Midwestern sound. I hope they come by CT.