Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

So, I am planning on doing an emo show on my college's radio station, and I might need some help from everyone here for suggestions. I know what emo is, but I'm not that well versed in it as I could be.

I want to go into most aspects of the genre, but I don't know how I feel about bands like Palatka and Orchid, which ironically seems to be the stuff this thread is into. I mean, I like them, but don't know how well they would fit in with the rest of the music.

A list of bands I have in a giant playlist is: Rites of Spring, Nation of Ulysses, Embrace, Fugazi, Chamberlain, Rainer Maria, Texas is the Reason, Sunny Day Real Estate, Bright Calm Blue, Gray Matter, American Football, Cap'n Jazz, City of Caterpillar, Elliot, Evergreen, Falling Forward, Four Hundred Years, Garrison, Get up Kids, Jets to Brazil, Hot Water Music, Kerosene 545, Million dead, Mineral, Moss Icon, The Promise Ring, Form of Rocket, Sounds Like Violence, 1.6 Band, Christie Front Drive, Still Life, and maybe At the Drive-In/Sparta, Jawbreaker, and early Jimmy Eat World.

For more hardcore stuff, I have Orchid, Pg 99, Portraits of Past, Palatka, Antioch Arrow, Angel Hair, and End of the Century Party. I just don't know if this will meld well with the rest of the show. What do you think? And do some of my bands in the other list just suck/don't belong?

What I have isn't enough to get me a good weekly two hour show, though. Help steer me in the right direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU