Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansFingers
Jul 23, 2007
One of top 3 contenders after weeks of debate.

Arson Equity posted:

There was a rumor Chumbawumba was supposed to play nevermind the ballots era stuff about four or five years ago but it never surfaced.

That would be aweseome, but I think the closest we're gonna get to experiencing what Chumbawamba were like live back in the day is TL/RX's cover of 'I Never Gave up'; which is ace by the way.

Chumbawamba tend to play lots of festivals and such now, where most of the audience isn't really familiar with thier stuff so they play songs that are easy for people to sing along to.

I'm pretty sure that the best moment of my life was at EFMF last year at the session* with Chumbawamba, K'Naan and Show of Hands. Chumbawamba were the first to play, so Boff stood up and said "Well I'm not sure what exactly we're supposed to do" so I yelled out "Homophobia" and the accordionist (I think it was Richard at the time) played the opening chords before anyone had a chance to disagree.

*Basically, folk fests (at least in Alberta) work like this: there is one main stage, and a bunch of smaller stages scattered around the festival grounds. On the smaller stages there are full sets by bands that didn't get onto the main stage, and sessions. A session is 2-4 bands/artists on the stage at one time, it's supposed to be kind of like a jam session, but how it usually ends up is 2-4 different sets all going on, with one band playing, then the next, so on and so forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansFingers
Jul 23, 2007
One of top 3 contenders after weeks of debate.

THE LUMMOX posted:

Talking about the Etown folk fest? Its usually rad but these year was a letdown. Come on, City and Colour headline? :( Always lots of "gypsy" punks though.

Yeah, Edmonton. I think I read somewhere that Wickham is trying to get a younger crowd out to EFMF, and that's why he booked City and Colour.

DaLkO posted:

Mischief Brew for sure. Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains...drat, I'd be interested in some more, too.

see also: Erik Peterson, Matty Pop Chart, The Devil Is Electric, On The Strings Of, Evil Robot Us,.