Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Arson Equity posted:

Threatener - And the bending of throats
In Disgust - Reality choke

This. The new In Disgust/Sidetracked Split is loving awesome. And so is the new threatener 7". I also finally found Tear It Up - Nothing To Nothing on vinyl and i could not be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Speaking of Texas and the bleach boys reminded me of A.N.S. Skate/Thrash band who are all cool dudes and put on a fun show.

http://www.myspace.com/ans

And speaking of Texas more reminds me of Hatred Surge, Knuckle Scraper, and Machine Gun Romantics. Alex Hughes, one of the nicest guys I've ever met, played a part in all of these. Seriously, the biggest sweetheart.

http://www.myspace.com/hatredsurgetexas
http://www.myspace.com/knucklescraper (the 7" they put out, Max Isnt The Bastard is soooo good)
http://www.myspace.com/machinegunromantics

Hatred Surge's split lp with The Endless Blockade is some of their best stuff even thought I hate The Endless Blockade side.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Good, I'm glad someone agrees with me about The Endless Blockade, people I know are into them and I find them incredibly boring to listen to and see live. They came through AZ a while back, I cant remember with who, and it was one of the most boring sets I've ever seen (another mentionable moment is the most recent time I saw Some Girls, huuuuge letdown).

My favorite part of the ANS lp is the guy on the cover who looks exactly like a friend of mine. It uncanny. I know they are back from Europe because they played here like 2 weeks ago. They had spray-painted covers for the lp which were pretty cool, but I couldn't justify spending another $10 just for that.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

p0isonxfree posted:

Graf Orlock/Dangers/Ghostlimb house show tomorrow night, stoked!

Graf Orlock puts on such an awesome show. they played a house show in Tuscon january 1st last year and it was one of the best shows i've been too. Then they played Phoenix the next day and everyone stood around looking bored (idiots) and they have not been back since. It sucks.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Agent Bob posted:

I finally finished my Record nerd list.

http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/DontheBomb/

Soon to be added: The Gate Crashers- Are a Bunch of Motherfuckers LP on green (!!!)

EDIT: For some reason, it won't let me add my one Crimpshrine 7" and Descendents- I Don't Want to Grow Up

I really really want that Gatecrashers LP. And that Crimpshine 7" is so good. The last record I got that i was super stoked about was the down in flames - start the loving fire on red!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

Brainhandle

I thought Brainhandle broke up? This is excellent news. Saw them when they came through AZ and they stayed with me and my roommate. They were the nicest guys ever, every single one of them. Also, all of their vinyl is awesome. I hope they start touring again.

Also picked up a Bruce Banner/BUSH Split i had never seen before and was presently suprised. And Bones Brigade's first 7"! I cant tell if i like them better with the singer from cut the poo poo or the current one.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

kirkjames posted:

Who's going to Baroness, Genghis Tron, and Converge on 4/20 in Phoenix?

Not that many people probably.

Who Calls So Loud is playing Phoenix on 4/20, but its a Matinee with possibly a BBQ/Potluck. It should be awesome!

Annihilation Time was last night, and it was crazier than Despise You playing last weekend for some reason. Phoenix is so weird sometimes.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

rivals posted:

kirkjames if you go see Baroness and Ghengis Tron over Who Calls So Loud you deserve to die.

Well it should be in the early/lateish afternoon, probably around 3 or 4 but i'm not positive yet, but he should be able to make both. Plus a BBQ! With food!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

kirkjames posted:

I'll see you in a few days with Rouge State here at the Chamber in AZ!

Stooooked for this show! Punch last week was absolutely crazy if you were there. I'll be working the snacks table so come say hi.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

zeldadude posted:

New Ceremony kills. So good.

Do you mean the new 7"? I actually thought it was pretty awful. Their best stuff to me is still whatever came out before Violence Violence, i think it was a demo or something.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

Please watch out for the "Weekend Nachos" tour right now though, their roadie is a registered Indiana sex offender.

This rules. So much. They are going to be in Phoenix on Thursday and I really hope i can make it! Summer school sucks.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Xenu posted:

Discharge is playing soon over here, anyone know if they're still worth seeing with Rat from The Varukers fronting them now?

I'd say no. I was at their live show like 4 years ago in Phoenix but didnt see them play. I did however buy the CD with Rat singing and listened to it once. Never listened to it again. His voice is completely different than Cal's and to me it made them sound like a completely different band.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

Distort Vancouver

Did In Disgust play this too? I think it was this but i may be confused. I missed them when they came to AZ last time and am so pissed. I love this band.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Hey Anthem, did you ever get those records from the Vinyl megathread in the mail? i still havent received mine and was just curious.

and on topic: eagerly awaiting the new WCSL 12"!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Megiddo posted:

I'm not sure I can condone the listening to of Glassjaw and Shai Hulud, but in no particular order, here are some good emo bands: Native Nod, Indian Summer, La Quiete, Raein, Anomie, Off Minor, Orchid, Mohinder, Saetia, Mihai Edrisch, The Hareste, Eulcid, Joshua Fit for Battle, Pg. 99, Neil Perry, Kontrapunkt, Swing Kids, Shotmaker, Maximilian Colby, Universal Order of Armageddon, Portraits of Past, Moss Icon, Rites of Spring, Embrace, mid-80s Dag Nasty, and if you want to consider Stop It!! and The Van Pelt (ex-Native Nod) emo, them, too.

Still Life! Everyone always leaves out Still Life! and Current is really good also.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Make sure to boo constantly during the Think Fast set. and then request Phoenix Is Neat! Just kidding, I hope you guys enjoy them. I am friends with all those dudes.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Smoked Salmon posted:

A college organization I am in is running a hardcore show in late November, but we're having trouble finding bands that'll play. We're paying fairly well and have decent equipment and always good numbers at our shows. And we're in New Jersey for pete's sake--it shouldn't be this hard to find bands! A major problem that I think is occuring is that the show's set to be on a thursday night--would moving it to friday or saturday help things?

If you can get Tear It Up to do a reunion show i will fly from arizona to attend this "college organization"

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

acup posted:

I got my record in the mail today. Totally stoked.

cant wait for this! i hope mine comes soon too. i dont know if i got it on color or black so the suspense is killing me!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Japan update:
-both Johns Town Aloha 7"s are insane. Ex-members of Exclaim and even noisier.
-The Sick and Takahashigumi are the best Trall Punk bands to not actually be from Sweden.
-The Slowmotions. Best band. Can't wait for the LP this year.

how can i get copies of these?

Also upcoming stuff i'm excited for:
New Graf Orlock
New Mind Eraser 7"
Shrinebuilder stuff

also, Life Trap came through AZ recently, if they are still on tour and come through your city do yourself a favor and loving see them. They are awesome. Sounds like 80's hardcore should, like they are about to fall apart at the seams while playing. They are seriously awesome.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Awesome. I haven't looked at the Feral Ward distro in a while, they always have such sweet stuff. Any other recommendations? I'm really into stuff like Paintbox, have two of their LPs, and Hammer.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

anti-cimex is better than discharge.

Thats really not true, but they are pretty good. I dont think you can (d)beat discharge.

also, is ceremony really considered powerviolence? I always thought they were just angry white-boy hardcore. their new stuff is so awful, but i'm hoping to sell their new 7" for a million dollars on ebay in the coming years.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ASSASSINS! posted:

Didn't see this posted yet, but some the Dudefest 09 line up was revealed the other day.

When and where is this happening? Hewhocorrupts!!!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

If anyone wants to get some Japanese HC/thrashcore CDs for cheap, please go here.

you need to stop posting things, because i need to stop buying things. i bought those. please dont tease me for my ebay name! its like 7 years old.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
CNM: Got my stuff from feral ward, the slowmotions LP is awesome! Good recommendation, thanks. Have to listen to the other 7" i got. They sent me a sweet Totalitar sticker too! Anxiously awaiting the CD's from you :)

Also: The new Napalm Death is loving awesome. So god drat heavy and fast. Cant wait to get a copy on vinyl.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
CNM: Got the CD's! I should have asked you to toss in some xbrainiax stuff!! I really want one of the bumper-stickers you guys made, those were badass.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

Selling/trading some stuff tomorrow, nothing very rare. More interesting stuff is partial Go! discography, tons of tour/rare Total Fury records? Are people still into this stuff? I figure people can't stop loving Go but I don't know about Total Fury.

Total Fury from japan? If so then yes. Yes they are. Or I am at least. I'd be willing to trade/buy for some.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Scaught posted:

Went to go check out a Verse show last night with some buddy's local band Outrage, but Verse ended up dropping due to the singer breaking edge. I guess they're done with.

If this is true, this is THE best reason i've heard for a band canceling their tour and then breaking up. I hope this is true. Good riddance.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Competition posted:

Wasn't there an edge band for whom a member broke edge at their record release show and the band subsequently had a massive argument and broke up then and there and never played the show?

i dont know, but if so that rules.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I haven't heard much from Crude(Japan) but I just saw that they're coming to Philly and since Japanese punk usually rules I wanna check em out. Any recomendations?

They were really funny at Chaos in Tejas last summer. And they were also awesome. I have what i think is their self titled lp. it got crunched in my trunk on the way back from texas to az :(

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
This was posted in the Watch Documentaries! thread in GBS and i thought this thread may also find it interesting. Its a documentary from Martin of Los Crudos and Limp Wrist on Hispanic punk in the US.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5497590837696631389

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

fall of efrafa was loving amazing, if you can somehow catch them before they head back to the UK and break up, do it. witch hunt played a few new songs and they all sounded like other bands, but not in a bad way (yeah i dont know what the gently caress either)

This is the only thing that has ever made me wish i lived in the North part of the states. I'm really bummed they only toured up there!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Holy poo poo. I had my doubts about the new Graf Orlock album based on the songs posted on their myspace. I was very very wrong. It loving kills.

I dont think you understand... these boys killed my dog.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I'd say probably dead, but making a comeback soon. Sure bands like Iron Lung and Hatred Surge are still doing stuff but there is not a lot going on right now. The new Mind Eraser stuff is amazing, but not quite as power-violency as it used to be. I think right now most kids are a lot more into other stuff, whether you agree that its good or not, like ceremony, sex vid, and cult ritual.

I think when people get tired of starting and listening to myyyyysterious noisy hardcore bands it might make a comeback again. I sure hope so, cause its what i still listen to a ton. I've listened to No Comment - Downsided more than anything else in the world i think. Ps if anyone has a copy of that i'll buy it.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Weekend Nachos is the only band you listed that actually sounds anything like power violence... because they are a power violence band. Ceremony is influenced by the anger produced by suburban white people and bad hardcore.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
To me ceremony and trash talk both sound the same, like chuggy semi-tough-stomp-around-enraged-whiteboy hardcore bands. They have really siq riffs and play a little fast sometimes. This is not what i think when i think powerviolence. Weekend Nachos plays both reaaally fast and really sludgy, often in the same song!!! This is powerviolence.

Also thanks because i had to listen to trash talk again to affirm how much i dislike that lovely lovely band. The last time i listened to ceremony it reminded me of that cotton-eyed joe song and i couldnt stop laughing. Violence violence is mediocre at best, the only good songs on it are from their first demo or whatever. That band is so terrible now. Arguing about sub-genres of sub-genres is funny.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
stop guys you've been picked up by a bandwagon!!!!!

Honestly I don't get why every time someone mentions not liking ceremony its because they are on a bandwagon? Like I said before, I like their really early stuff, and they don't sound like that anymore, which is why I now don't like them. How is that a bandwagon? Someday I'll find out! Black Flag is a huge band, but I still love them.

I like weekend nachos shirts. They are always really uncomfortable to look at. I always get really confused looks at my shirt when I wear the Freddy Kreuger one. And the one with Jon Caution's dad on it is so amazingly awkward to look at.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

John is a weird dude. Weekend Nachos is a weird band. If anyone ever wants to do a funny interview, interview John about his artwork and his most influential music and your mind will start to cave in on itself.

Haha I'm friends with the guys in Think Fast, and when they stayed with him they said all he did was talk about NU-METAL! and how much he loved it. Yeah i like that guy a lot but he is definitely a weird guy. I'm joining the bandwagon of thinking he is a weird guy.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Disclose is awesome but Discharge will always hold a special place in my d-beat heart.

CNM let me know if you ever sell another batch of Japanese stuff, I'm always looking for more! I picked up that Slowmotions LP and the jones town aloha ep you mentioned awhile back and really liked both of them.

I still want an I <skull> Powerviolence sticker.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I have one of these still (I made em). It's a little dirty and has a small crease (which probably won't matter once you peel it off), but if you want it, let me know.

yeah! that would be awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Rad. Email me your address, chaosnonmusica(at)gmail(dot)com.

emailed from shadeofgrays at gmail
thanks!

I rediscovered Los Crudos today. I forgot how intense that band is.