Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
The new Shai Hulud is really good. They re-recorded Set Your Body Ablaze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
He sounds a bit better on CD. He still has kind of a monotone thing going on, but the other songs are more varied than the one on Myspace. I don't think Shai Hulud has ever been known for vocal variety though.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

Big Blue Violence posted:

Oh I wasn't complaining about variety, the new singer just sounded like a generic metalcore dude to go with some generic metalcore. The song on myspace seemed to lack something that made Shai Hulud fun to listen to.

Yeah, I don't like the new singer as much as Geert. But the song on Myspace is probably the most straightforward one of the bunch. The rest of it sounds more like classic Hulud.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
All that talk a couple pages ago about Trap Them and Black Breath, but no mention of Nails' recent EP Unsilent Death? I think they're much closer to TT than Black Breath is.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=21819071&albumid=15752390

If nothing else, check out "Suffering Soul" or the title track.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
New Reign Supreme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDE0AUt_dJY

A little disjointed in the beginning but picks up a little over a minute in.