Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
If you like hardcore punk check out texas locals On My Side! Ive been to probably three or four of their shows and ate with them at ihop. Their shows are great, and they have a lot of die-hard fans that know all the lyrics etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
this is hardcore:

https://www.myspace.com/gatesofacheron

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Is Comeback Kid bad hardcore? If so, I like bad hardcore

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
drat yall are haters SYG and FYS are both great :)

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
New Set Your Goals album is awesome and so is Hailey(loving hot)

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Nah I'm pretty smart just not elitist. Seriously and if you are saying you wouldn't bone Hailey in a nanosecond you are a fag.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
i'm just saying you'd gently caress her

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
i'd just like to formally apologize for liking Set Your Goals and, more specifically, their new album. it is now clear to me they are not "Good"

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

albear posted:

Let's stop talking about lovely pop punk and let's talk about this sweet German crust band I discovered today: http://www.myspace.com/alpinistsucks

You're right that is undisputably not-lovely

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Y'all seem to like the more original, youth-crew kinda hardcore around here so I was wondering what yall think of this local Texas hardcore band On My Side. Back when I used to go to shows a lot I would see this band play pretty often at my local venue and despite a small number of plays on their myspace, everyone always knows their lyrics and they have a violent/intense but friendly crowd/pit.

http://www.myspace.com/onmysidehc

I haven't listened to all their new stuff because I haven't checked up on them in a while but "Definition" is great and everyone always chants the lyrics. :)

edit: "Through Thick and Thin" is pretty boss too

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 22, 2009

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Bird is the Word posted:

Going to see Emery Friday night. How are they live?

Probably the wrong thread buddy. But as for an answer I have seen them live and they were surprisingly good

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
To the guy earlier: Yes, please come in the thread and show us what "Real" metalcore us. We are all dying to know. :rolleye:

As for the pop-punk guy, I would check out A Day To Remember if you want more popmoshcore type stuff but if you want more of this-thread kind of stuff I would check out perhaps Comeback Kid or the aforementioned H20.

By the way, I know FYS and SYG aren't exactly loved here, but I saw them recently at the Meridian downtown here in Houston and it was loving awesome

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well, that would be because I am not straight edge, I just like x'es. Lol.

And believe me I know "Real" music, I was actually into all of these bands you consider "real" (my favorite band in 7th grade was Crass) before I got into Set Your Goals or Four Year Strong or even these "Fake" metalcore bands. Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy this music, and are aware of all kinds of music, despite what your preconceived notions would have you believe.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well, you see, that thread is particularly concerned with the -core bands and scene that was, pretty much, rejected by this thread. So while you may not see much in common with Emarosa, Set Your Goals, and Parkway Drive, they probably aren't worthy of their own individual threads/genre threads and there happens to be a correlation between people who like them, at least I think so. Maybe not :) Either way, I don't really think anything needs to be done as long as everyone just stays generally respectful

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Well I probably couldn't post in this thread if i was on probation :/

edit: and you said you were thinking about going in that thread, anyway I really think I have a valid point and some bands discussed in the thread are legitimately metalcore

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 18, 2009

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
edit: gently caress it its all good
editedit: i am not a broken clock :(

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 18, 2009

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Sharon is Karen posted:

That's just goofy as gently caress. I don't know if it was the autotune or RJ's fat rear end, but I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. Seriously, what the hell does that have to do with pop punk, or hardcore?

well for one its supposed to be a joke, and maybe im wrong but i dont think he is using autotune?

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Dragonforce? Really? I mean, its a metallic riff, but these guys have been playing extreme metal for a while and you have to try new things

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

albear posted:

They should've tried something new within their own song instead of taking one boring sounding riff and repeating it for nearly a whole song, followed by a bridge and a breakdown.

I guess, but it is just one song and I don't think it sounds all that unoriginal or anything. I guess it isn't breaking down musical genres but I don't want my Converge to always try and do that

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Haha I love Shere Khan. They are very bro but still, they will smack you with their guitar

edit: i used to call you friend, now im kicking your teeth in

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

rivals posted:

Why am I not surprised?

Idk you are clearly the "right" hardcore fan so any band I like is obviously lovely

nah but seriously shere khan are pretty cool they are pretty closely connected to Black My Heart, who is not all that great but I have fond memories of jamming "thick as blood"

also, I saw them one time at the Meridian in houston with COA and Fight Like Hell who honestly put on a much better show than BMH

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
I guess they are pretty awful in simple, brodown kind of way
COA and Fight Like Hell are not awful however

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Anyone wanna tell me what happened or what "rivals" has to do with it? I really like that band

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
I was just asking, I misunderstood. Chill out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
If I was you I'd like http://www.myspace.com/onmysidehc.

Just a nice local band from 'round these parts