Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skullthrone
Jun 18, 2008

by elpintogrande
Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Thrice and Gaslight Anthem are playing in Denver in November. I plan on going, but can anyone tell me what kind of show those bands put on? I like RA, Thrice and Alkaline Trio, for what it's worth. Do they have a good stage presence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skullthrone
Jun 18, 2008

by elpintogrande

SubtleDagger posted:

Ha, it's cool. I love Thrice way too much so I sound uppity when I talk about them.

Do you think they confuse Dustin's solo stuff with the songs he writes when he's working on Thrice material? I noticed his solo album was a little more spiritually oriented than any of Thrice's albums.

Skullthrone
Jun 18, 2008

by elpintogrande
Just got back from Gaslight Anthem / Thrice / Akaline Trio / Rise Against, it was a great show. Gaslight was good, but their sound was all hosed up so it just sounded muddy, which is pretty hard to do since the Fillmore Denver has pretty bad sound to begin with.

Thrice was really good, played Deadbolt and Artist in the Ambulance, along with some stuff of of Vheissu and the Alchemy Index albums.

Alkaline Trio was great too, except for some technical problems with a guitar and one of the mics. They played a bunch of stuff off of Goddammit which was awesome - they also finished with This Could Be Love off of Good Mourning, which is probably one of my favorite songs, so that was cool.

Rise Against was awesome, people just went batshit insane. It's pretty cool to see giant circle pits and a thousand people pogoing together. They played a couple songs off their new album, Hero of War and Collapse, but mostly stuck to their older stuff and of course their radio hits. They finished with The Good Left Undone and the place loving exploded.

If you can catch the tour, it's worth it. Even in a venue with lovely sound it was a good experience.