Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

I need an opinion.

Both the Subhumans (UK) and Screeching Weasel are playing the same week in April in Philly. I kind of want to see both, but am losing my job at the end of the month so money might be an issue. I have never missed a Subhumans show when they come to town, but I've been on a Weasel kick for a couple of weeks now.

Additional factors: Screeching Weasel tickets are being sold through TicketMaster so I'd have to pay out the rear end to see them.

Subhumans have MDC and the new band from some of the kids from Witch Hunt opening for them.

Decide for me, internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

hedgecore posted:

I'm very excited to play with RVIVR tomorrow night in NJ.

Is anyone going to the RVIVR show in Philly on Friday? All of my show-going friends are out of town, and I've never been to Danger Danger before.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Sir Thats Gross posted:

I just got back from seeing RVIVR and I have to say it was one of the better shows I've seen recently. A friend of mine was telling me when she toured with them they would noblely call out things that were said earlier that were... I don't know, really unnecessary? At the show I was at they mentioned some guy calling a girl a "bitch" earlier and some homophobia. It was actually really great that they spoke about being against sexism, homophobia, and mysognystic bullshit.

Aside from calling out all that, at the show I went to they also took an rear end in a top hat to the mat for kicking people in the face while crowdsurfing.

RVIVR: Not afraid to call anyone on their poo poo.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Just found out that RVIVR is going to play the Friday before Riot Fest East in Philly. I think that's my weekend spoken for unless one of the bigger bands is doing some sort of secret show. So stoked.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

TriggerHappy posted:

Just got home from the Descendents in NYC. Every bit as good as I expected, I almost want to go to Philly tomorrow night to see them again. Was also my first time seeing Suicide Machines or H2O live, good stuff.

If you didn't make it down to Philly to see them, you should have. They put on an amazing show. Naked Raygun, on the other hand, was complete poo poo. The lead singer looked like he was off his meds half the time. And 6 hours of opening bands was a little too much to handle.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Ferrule posted:

I'm sure Jeff's sorry that him having Parkinson's ruined your good time.

Aaaand now I feel like poo poo. Whoops. That will teach me to talk poo poo without checking wikipedia.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

I'm going to that Spraynard double show weekend leading into Memorial Day and it's just the best news. So many good bands supporting them too. Yo Man Go, Everyone Everywhere, Armalite, Timeshares, and more that I'm too excited to remember.

Are they really playing a show at Grand Slam USA? My brother had his 10th birthday party there. I'm not sure how punk batting cages are.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

Spraynard reunion weekend was amazing. So glad those nerds are back together.

Agreed. And laser tag was punk as hell.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

kirkjames posted:

yeah the only difference is crass and subhumans loving rule (subhumans basically have 0 bad tracks IMO) and the vandals (minus peace thru vandalism) are basically unlistenable

You know how bands reform and release an album 20 years after they were relevant?

Yeah, the Subhumans did that and I still love every song on it. Even the one about how mosquitos suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

He played our local (small town in PA) sci-fi fest a few years ago and I thought that was the lowest he could sink. Apparently I was wrong.