Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Can anyone help me understand the song "California Uber Alles?"

Why would the Dead Kennedys be against California/the governor? Hasn't cali always been pretty liberal? Jerry Brown was a democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

This doesn't really address why Governor Jerry Brown would be associated with fascism

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
0k, thanks.

The reason I ask is because I read an explanation of the song "I fought the Law" and for the first time, it all made perfect sense. Previously I thought it was a song about nothing.

Still a little hard for me to make the connection between "hippie liberal" == "the suede denim secret police will come for your uncool niece," but its beginning to make sense. I'm sure I'm being too literal

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
poseur

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Saw this band last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au9RGzNoGms

They were incredible. Never seen energy like that before

Lead singer is must go about 275, pure muscle. Front teeth knocked out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
That's great, those guys are electric

I'm curious, does old school AFI still have any street cred in here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlMy-iKSDg