Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Any Michigoons going to Bled Fest this year? I've gone to the last two, but I'm really excited for this one. Lots of good emo bands and far less scene garbage than usual. Plus Andrew W.K.

My personal line-up:

Adventures (12:45-1:10)
Xerxes (2:35-3:00)
Sainthood Reps (3:00-3:25)
The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die (3:45-4:10)
Make Do and Mend (4:05-4:30)
Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) (4:50-5:15)
Dads (5:15-5:40)
Code Orange Kids (5:45-6:10)
Pianos Become the Teeth (6:35-7:00)
Andrew W.K. (8:00-8:30)
CityCop. (8:15-8:40)
Into It. Over It. (8:30-9:00)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There is a separate metalcore thread.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys may enjoy this Australian band that my friend just linked me too:
http://perspectivesau.bandcamp.com/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bled Fest was spectacular yesterday. I only got to see the last four songs of CityCop.'s set due to a change of time, but they were my favorite definitely. Saw about 15 minutes of Dads before leaving to get a decent spot for Code Orange Kids. Both were excellent. The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die were also fantastic.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone here listen to Adventures? They're an emo band with three members of Code Orange Kids, though you'd never notice that they're practically the same band. I'm listening to an advanced copy of their new EP and it's great, as was their debut EP.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new Saddest Landscape EP came out today. I'm on the second song, and it's excellent.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Code Orange Kids and Circle Takes the Square have the best ones. Despise You are powerviolence with a female guitarist/vocalist.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Agreed. I've really gotten into them in the past few months, but this EP had the strongest first impression on me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
^That's gonna rule.

Thought you guys might appreciate this crusty band: http://healerhc.bandcamp.com/

Also the new Defeater is floating around. It's solid.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Love American split up apparently :smith:

From their Facebook:

quote:

Here's the deal. For all intents and purposes tonight was it. We're still going to record our 3 songs for the split. Check out Hans in Trap Her Keep Her, Stephen in Dead End Alaska, and Adam in Iron Tusk and Detruire. It's been real.

This was mutual. Stephen has a real life and a real job and real responsibilities that make playing shows not possible, Adam still doesnt want to tour and Hans doesn't want to put in the time and money into something that no one will hear and both Hans and Adam no longer really enjoy the style of music we play anymore. Furthermore its reached the point where it the music doesn't come naturally anymore. It isn't fun.
The longest release we got out of them was 21 minutes. Bummer. Everyone should check out their self-titled and their split with Harbours.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new Owen record is out, and it's really solid.

Also, I don't normally like pop-punk all that much, but I'm loving the new Captain, We're Sinking.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you're a fan of The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die, Derrick's side project One Hundred Year Ocean has a new EP for name-your-price download:
http://onehundredyearocean.bandcamp.com/album/where-were-you-while-we-were-getting-high

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kill Everything Now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wrote this thing on emo for a website and figured you guys might appreciate it and/or have constructive criticism:
http://goodmenproject.com/arts/real-emo-has-nothing-to-do-with-hot-topic/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Speewah posted:

Speaking of them, could anybody recommend similar bands to Code Orange Kids? I'm sorta weening myself into hardcore through a more sludgy direction because I never really listened to a lot of punk.
You'd probably like Gaza and Full of Hell.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Modern Life is War announced five release shows for October. None near me, unfortunately.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Modern Life is War streaming :getin:
http://pitchfork.com/advance/174-fever-hunting/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Can I get some recommendations along the lines of joie de vivre and penfold and football etc, etc please. It's a lonely rear end summer.
I'm assuming you already listen to Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Chariot are breaking up. I'm sure a lot of you will be upset, but frankly I'm happy that they won't be touring with any bands I like any more (besides Birds in Row on their farewell tour). Their performance at BLED Fest a couple of years ago was the embodiment of everything I hate about the hardcore scene. Just douchebags throwing punches everywhere, including at security, and nearly breaking a bunch of stage equipment to the tune of some utterly unremarkable music.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Speaking of French bands, has anyone listened to then new Sed Non Satiata yet? It's one of the best Envy-style screamo albums I've heard in a while.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new Stray From the Path is streaming. It's a bit broey and some of the lyrics are embarrassing, but it's fun turn-your-brain-off kind of stuff. RIYL Rage Against the Machine and Every Time I Die.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Every Time I Die just announced a tour with letlive. and Code Orange Kids. I'm so down for the Cleveland date.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I really have no idea where else to put this, but the new Melt-Banana is streaming over at Spin and it's pretty great: http://www.spin.com/articles/melt-banana-fetch-a-zap-records-interview-album-stream/

Also, what did you guys think of the new Into It. Over It.?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently Chris Dodge of Despise You and SPAZZ has prostate cancer. Anyone heard about this?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids but not Detroit?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They're pretty standard post-rocky screamo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Screamo with post-rock influences? Stuff like Envy or Pianos Become the Teeth.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

albear posted:

Hey dudes I haven't posted in this thread in forever.

What have I missed out on with screamo? Is Louise Cyphre back yet? Has La Quiete put out anything new recently?

Edit: after looking at my post history in this thread, I realized that since 2007 every time I pop in this thread after not reading it for who knows how long, I always ask about Louise Cyphre.
There's a new Sed Non Satiata and it's pretty great.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Friends Are Evil posted:

So Black Flag's releasing a new album and this is their cover.

I think that one Iron Maiden album finally has competition for the title of "Worst Album Cover By A Major Group Who Really Should Know Better At This Point".
Suddenly I wish Greg Ginn had won his lawsuit.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elbkaida posted:

I thought Greg Ginn-Black Flag was releasing the album?

Apparently yes. I forgot that he was touring under the name. I couldn't keep track of who he was suing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Weekend Nachos is streaming y'all.

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-weekend-nachos-still/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new State Faults (formerly Brother Bear) album came out the other day. It's pretty good skramz.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Has anyone else checked out Foxing's debut yet? It's one of the best emo albums of the year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I highly recommend everyone check out the Fest 12 split 10" if you haven't yet. If you can spend the money, it all goes toward Cystic Fibrosis, but if you can't it's at least worth a listen. It's got Dikembe, The Hotel Year, Modern Baseball, Old Gray (it's just a short instrumental unfortunately), Empire! Empire! and Pentimento.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The lack of an Ohio date is killing me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, I'm fuckin' excited. Too bad mewithoutyou is terrible.

t:mad:

mewithoutYou are great and also awesome live.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ten Stories was a really good album y'all

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

If you go to Detroit you're pretty much accepting the possibility that all your poo poo will be stolen and you will be stabbed.

Bands get their gear stolen in every city and that's a really loving annoying stereotype.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New album from Manners and new EP from I Kill Giants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Whorelord posted:

not entirely sure where to post this but despite a name that's both the worst and the best name ever diarrhea planet are pretty amazing

http://diarrheaplanet.bandcamp.com/album/loose-jewels

it's incredibly stupid poppy garage punk

Ghost With a Boner is the song of the century.