Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Monday_ posted:

So blink-182 just put out another new single and it's pretty much the exact opposite of the last one.

It's good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIHGd7joZIM&t=76s

tom... please... come back

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I dunno why you list weezer as emo but not blink 182, and then fall out boy but not something from their first album. And death cab too I guess. I feel like i've read a few of these lists that have ian cohen being too cute for his own good. Taking back sunday being on there is funny though.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

You don’t consider Tell All Your Friends to be the defining Emo record of the early aughts? I can’t think of an album more widely regarded in the scene besides Full Collapse

No it's definitely spot on but it's that guilty pleasure thing that depending on who you talk to is either absolutely not emo or the defining characteristic separating it from the earlier "emotive harcore" whatever genre. I dunno about where I'd rank it but it's definitely one of those formative albums.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The recent album is a decent companion to decemberunderground. I thought crash love was embarrassing and I didn't bother with burials but apparently it's only slightly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

new blink is certified dogshit. skiba was a funny disaster but this is just sad. i don't know how they get thru a tour with turnstile