Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm not really sure if this is the right place to rave about the new Thrice but drat, it's pretty great so far.

I'm also not really sure if this is the right place to talk about Real Friends, a huge guilty pleasure of mine, putting out a new record today but I am also excited to listen to that.

Just so I'm not totally in the wrong with this post: The Hotelier is amazing so far as well, different from Home but very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Vheissu is their best by a large margin imo

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'll always love Illusion of Safety and Artist, but some of their best work by far is from Vheissu and later. If you're trying to catch up, Of Dust and Nations, Atlantic, For Miles, Music Box, The Weight, Doublespeak, Promises, Yellow Belly, and Circles are some of my favorites before this album.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Not much Hotelier chat - I'm really enjoying a lot of the new album. Two Deliverances is a gem.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
New Touche track

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/06/20/482318261/vikings-choice-touch-amor-palm-dreams

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Camp Cope album delivers, thanks folks. I'm so into it and definitely need more like it.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
This Direct Hit! is good but the vocal mix is such poo poo.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I saw The Hotelier last night. They were unbelievably good. Props to the guy in the death metal tank top who came to hear just the second half of Among the Wildflowers and Life in Drag, two-stepping and moshing his loving face off trying to start poo poo with everyone around us all while singing every word during those two tracks and then leaving the venue when they finished those to the applause and jeers of everyone in the crowd.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
So were about 10 other people that he kept shoving and trying to start poo poo with but okay man whatever you say

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Yah he sure was rad as hell, shoving an unassuming woman so hard she fell over because he wanted so badly to start poo poo with someone :jerkbag:

Bothering people at shows who clearly just want to watch and not have to worry about getting hit in the face sure is rad behavior!!!!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Skilleddk posted:

New Touche Amore album is out, I love it

It's fantastic. I could see myself giving it as much playtime as anything they've released.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

virinvictus posted:

I prefer Survived By, but goddamn that opening track hit me right in the feels.

The end of track 4 does this to me even after like 20+ listens. The resolution :swoon:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Philip Rivers posted:

What's your AOTY so far thread? I'm still obsessed with Camp Cope

That's way up there for me and I really like White Lung a lot still, too. Also The Hotelier. Oh and Jank.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
drat, I'm really enjoying this Murderburgers album. I hope the back catalog is as good. Thanks, folks.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Murderburgers and White Lung have both been way up in my rotation. Pup was great too, and I liked some tracks off the Direct Hit! but it didn't stick too much. Touche and The Hotelier both have a lot of tracks that made it onto my best of 2016 too but that starts to cross into a different sound, I guess.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
not Spotify for me, but tony hawk

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
What should I listen to if Pkew and Pup have been on repeat all year and I'm looking to expand?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
thanks, I'll give those a listen. I liked a lot of Direct Hit stuff off the new album and brainless god

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
god drat that's a great video. this band is so good

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Inspector_666 posted:

I got tickets to both NYC dates and I am so goddamned hyped for those shows. Especially since them sharing a bill with Touche Amore was like, my fantasy lineup that I thought would never happen.

I'm rolling alone to the Saturday show and couldn't be any more excited. Also they're playing at McCarren with The Hotelier, Pup, and Rosenstock for free in June.

I think I'm also gonna go to the Pkew show in Brooklyn in may.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Uhhhh old Emery and Underoath owns so please refrain from disparaging all Christian screaming

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Inspector_666 posted:

I finally got to see PUP live today and holy poo poo it was so good.

I was there! They were great!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Inspector_666 posted:

That whole show was great, I need to listen to The Hotelier again.

Yeah and wow, Thursday's live show still continues to amaze me when you remember how old they are (not to age shame or anything) but he's legitimately one of the most energetic front men I've ever seen at every show. Never takes a second off or phones it in. And god drat, playing Autobiography, Hole, and Jet Black is such a good choice.

Are you going to PKEW in July? Cannot wait for that.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I loving love the new Tigers Jaw album. I'm not sure I like it as much as s/t but it's got some real great tracks.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

GoldfishStew posted:

Why do you think they're rich?

They're from a very affluent part of the country.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Bape Culture posted:

It sounds like an oasis song

it's disarm + a pink floyd song + jessie lacey's voice but also probably the weakest on the album, to me

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm listening to some band called Forest Green that was suggested to me and they're pretty good. Nice gruff vocal sound, reminds me of Shed-era Title Fight or older Such Gold.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
OH gently caress its too late for me to get hype enough to listen to that but tomorrow :swoon:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
So many people from that scene/era were likely creepy fuckwads. I worked at a magazine for a while and oh boy did I hear stories. I also grew up in the tri-state area and played in a band who opened for a band that blew up around 2006 in the pop-punk scene (holy gently caress were they atrocious dogshit) and the singer was aggressively trying to gently caress my girlfriend who was working at the show. That was an all time low point in my life.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Someone better dox Senses Fail- not sure about Buddy but the stories about other members, woof.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Yeah it was Alex Gakstaktakh or whatever his name is, so if you're reading this, gently caress you buddy!!!!! Your music is poo poo!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Max from Gnarwolves posted:

Hello everyone.
I want to respond to recent comments made against myself. Whilst many of you may not have seen this and the temptation therefore is to bury our heads and hope it goes away, this is not who we are or what we believe in.
Last night it came to my attention that a person named Kat has made a statement that they were groped and verbally abused by me at a nightclub in Glasgow in 2013. Obviously there is absolutely no excuse for this kind of behaviour and I want to take the opportunity to publicly apologise. I have also reached out to Kat to apologise personally.
I always hoped Gnarwolves was the kind of band that could be approached by people if they felt that they had been treated inappropriately. The fact that it has taken so long for Kat to feel comfortable to speak out means that this isn’t the case and is indicative of the seriousness of the situation. I apologise whole-heartedly for this and for any pain the way I acted has caused.
Over the past couple of years as men we have learned some serious lessons about the terrible things women experience at the hands of men on a regular basis. Lad culture in rock music is toxic and absolutely unacceptable and we have spent a lot of time examining and attempting to improve on our past behaviour. Being an entitled dick is not punk rock. We still have a lot to learn and wish to actively support and listen to people that are helping to make a positive change in our society. We really don’t want to be a part of the problem.
I would like to take the opportunity to say that it is important not to blame victims in these circumstances. Clearly, there is a problem with the way men treat women and we need to be able to have an open dialogue about it. People that have been wronged should be able to speak out without negative consequences to themselves. I clearly hosed up here and I applaud Kat for having the courage to speak out. I hope this apology will go some way to repairing the damage that my past behaviour has caused.
I am truly sorry. This is inexcusable behaviour that we absolutely don’t condone and hope doesn’t completely tarnish our intentions to treat all people with the respect and dignity that they deserve. I know more was expected of us and I’m sorry to let you down. Moving forward, we will be more considerate as individuals and collectively.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Max

This poo poo is rampant.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jonny Craig lol

lmao

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

COOL CORN posted:

All the punk/emo/hardcore I listen to is from the early 2000s, but I want to put together a new running playlist and find new music. Help!

I like stuff like letlive, pageninetynine, set your goals, hot water music, waterdown, samiam, most precious blood, snapcase, daggermouth... basically that’s the kind of stuff on my current running playlist. Is there anything recent that’s as good? Would be eternally grateful for a Spotify playlist :)

Small Brown Bike kicks rear end, definitely check them out, but yeah I would love others in this realm as well

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
since Green Day is being talked about here guess its safe to post this

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tom-delonge-hints-pentagon-ufo-disclosure-beginning-article-1.3705817

everyone mocked him for years but man tom is kinda just a huge nerd weirdo and it pretty much rules

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Cardboard Box posted:

does anyone have any post-hardcore recs?

happy holiday's

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
wheres the best place to get a good list of all 2017 punk/hardcore/emo that were cool and good

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Eight Is Legend posted:

You guys into the new Tiny Moving Parts record?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0p6OyrTQ

I love them thanks for reminding me, had no idea it was out.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
They always do a holiday show at Starland, but that's a bridge! What does it mean?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo, I figured it meant Brooklyn and I thought that was gonna mean Brooklyn Steel but they're playing Music Hall of Williamsburg :swoon:

They also said these are their only holiday shows this year.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Any onsale date?