Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Somehow I completely missed PUP's announcement and stumbling onto it in this thread loving rules.

I am extremely excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
I saw PUP at the Phoenix show last night and while it was dope as expected, I was really loving impressed by the openers. I like to go in fresh to check out openers so I can get a feel for them live, and Ratboys ruled but Beach Bunny is like, rad as hell.

It was dope seeing this cute 5' chick setting up a wall of death in the middle of this small venue. The kids in the front couldn't accomplish it very well, but she tried her hardest.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
I'm pretty late on it but I got around to checking out Sum 41's newest album after not actively listening to them for over a decade and I'm loving completely baffled to see that it rules? Bringing back Brownsound and doubling down on the metal inspiration he brings to the table is so loving refreshing when we have the other old Pop Punk juggernauts dropping the Punk altogether.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
A friend surprised me with PUP tickets for their Phoenix show last week so she and I went--the setlist was (I believe) identical to when I saw them a few months ago but it absolutely loving ruled. If you can go to a show, do, they partner with a local charity and donate/take donations throughout. Last time they chose an org that helps homeless trans youths, this time AJJ pointed them towards a group that works to educate and bridge communities with privileged (literally white) people, it fucks and I dig it. Screaming Females also completely tore it up opening.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
Jeremy, trombone(r) of We are the Union and Skatune Network has been absolutely loving killing it lately on basically all fronts (and is an extremely good and cool fellow enby) and I realized that, given their being the catalyst for my getting back into ska punk while also being pretty locked-in on the more traditional pop-punk poo poo going on in the past decade, there's a decently chance you fellow punk goons might be in a similar boat, so here's some reqs. I can't remember if I shared some of them before but they're hella good so even if I did listen again anyway.

None of these are (imo) remotely of the traditionally expected third wave/RBF/Streetlight vibe so if you're tired of people thinking that's all modern ska can be double check 'em out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo8LXwK0IK0

Los Skagaleros catapulted themselves right into being one of my favorite bands, period, after I spent some time listening to them. They absolutely loving rip in all the best ways on both the punk and ska front, and have music in both English and Spanish. They're from a southern Texas border town and a lot of their music is definitely painted by that experience and has a strong anarcho/leftist vibe. It rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJ4sp7nMQY

We Are the Union's been around for a while now, but I completely missed them until recently. Definitely might fit into the sad millenial genre of pop punk (which is extremely my poo poo), and have a lot of non-single sleepers that absolutely rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMVMRh3zvMw

Kill Lincoln just dropped a new song for the first time in a while. DC outfit IIRC that I can't stop listening to no matter how hard I try (which is not that hard, tbh, because they're very good). Check out the linked single, if you dig it you'll dig them.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
Yo has anyone posted yet about Jeff Rosenstock's rerecording of last year's No Dream as Ska Dream? It has an absurd list of contributors for the various tracks, most predominantly Jer from Skatune Network/We Are the Union on Trumpet and Trombone.

It loving rips and scratches an ASOB/BTMI itch I've had since I first listen to Vacation around it's release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona

Not sure if it's just me, but this new single has more of a BTMI feel than most of his post BTMI releases, and I dig it.