Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

As much as I love Comadre, I with bands would give it a rest and stop covering Refused. I don't even like listening to Refused anymore these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

RODSTEEL posted:

holy poo poo, thanks for that!

I'm imagining your reaction is the same as your avatar.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Pantalones! posted:

For some reason I never really got into funeral diner. Something about them just doesn't click for me.

Yeah Funeral Diner is boring as gently caress.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Cheesus Christ posted:

I don't post in NMD, ever really, but I felt the need to share this with people after I heard it on my college's radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsU_uzJBDrw

I'm gonna probably see these guys in Dec. even though their other songs are sort of lame sounding.

Wait, did you mean to actually post it in this thread?

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Parachute Underwear posted:

drummerxboyx1991 (1 day ago)
his name is david walker. he is easily one of the best drummers in delaware, if not america. sooooo siiiiiick

edit: Southern Comfort Smile is the best Comadre song, holy poo poo.

No way, it's between Burn the Scene or Hit Me Up on my Celly Cell. Well, those two purely live because it's just so fun to scream along to it with the band.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

ManoliIsFat posted:

I don't know if Hydrac reads this thread anymore, but he could run a clinic on that stuff.

I was actually gonna quote your last post to say that was pretty much the best way to find new artists but decided against posting.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

acup posted:

I haven't listened to them since Canada Songs, despite the fact that the singer is in my bjj classes. I'll have to look into their new stuff.

Tell him to go back to the whole screaming/screeching thing. And then put him into a peruvian necktie.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

fnsh posted:

So I stopped following the emo/screamo scene after Hot Cross, Iwouldetc, and Life at These Speeds broke up. Looks like the last records I bought were Sinaloa's Oceans of Islands, LaTS' last 7" split, and a 10" from Elder.

Any new bands I should check out? How about new albums from bands that haven't split up yet? Are the pg.99/City of Caterpillar guys up to anything new besides Ghastly City Sleep/Pygmy Lush/Verse En Coma and the defunct(?) Malady/Haram?

I hate namedropping, but it helps narrow down what I'm looking for in this case.

CTTS just released part of their new album on Bandcamp. pg.99 got together for a reunion show. Screamo is dead. Long live Louise Cyphre.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

fnsh posted:

So I stopped following the emo/screamo scene after Hot Cross, Iwouldetc, and Life at These Speeds broke up. Looks like the last records I bought were Sinaloa's Oceans of Islands, LaTS' last 7" split, and a 10" from Elder.

Any new bands I should check out? How about new albums from bands that haven't split up yet? Are the pg.99/City of Caterpillar guys up to anything new besides Ghastly City Sleep/Pygmy Lush/Verse En Coma and the defunct(?) Malady/Haram?

I hate namedropping, but it helps narrow down what I'm looking for in this case.

Ampere has a new album out too and it owns. Aussitôt Mort and Heaven in Her Arms recently released a split.

These are really about the only worthwhile mentions, in addition to my previous post.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Hey dudes I haven't posted in this thread in forever.

What have I missed out on with screamo? Is Louise Cyphre back yet? Has La Quiete put out anything new recently?

Edit: after looking at my post history in this thread, I realized that since 2007 every time I pop in this thread after not reading it for who knows how long, I always ask about Louise Cyphre.

albear fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 22, 2013

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Killsion posted:

Yep, called Animale(s). It is a double concept album. Here is the tracklist and one new song. Comes out November 22nd.

https://soundcloud.com/denovali/cel...sse-pour-compte

1. Laissé pour compte comme un bâtard 5:01
2. Au pied d'une bicoque peu séduisante 3:12
3. Sans crainte de s'avouer un jour naufragée 3:32
4. (X) 6:36
5. Tes âmes soeurs immaculées 5:20
6. Dans ta salive, sur sa peau 9:20

1. D'errances en inimitiés 7:25
2. Cette silhouette paumée et délabrée qui sanglote et meurt 7:30
3. Empreinte d'érotisme 2:31
4. (Y) 3:20
5. Serrés comme son coeur lacéré 7:17
6. Outro 8:09

Holy poo poo, this is great news. I love these dudes.

Also Sed Non Satiata played in my town but I totally didn't even know about it until literally hours after it was over. That is kind of a bummer.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The new Crusades album is amazing, folks.

Long shot but this isn't the same Crusades that is from Florida that plays post-rock and shared members with Beneath Low Flying Planes, is it?

albear
Jun 7, 2001

nomapple posted:

Any other hardcore/screamo releases to look forward to this year? Would love it if we heard something from Envy in the not too distant future...

Speaking of Envy, I wish Heaven in Her Arms would release something new.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

stay depressed posted:

speaking of envy, screamo is dead.

Still listening to screamo and pretending I'm a teen again and life isn't poo poo

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I, too, have a La Quiete shirt

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I'm not even that big of a fan of Funeral Diner. I never really got too into them.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

How about Bucket Full of Teeth?

albear
Jun 7, 2001

TheIllestVillain posted:

i used to think daitro was the king of euro skramz but mappō is just so much better than anything daitro has ever done.

not to say that sed non satiata earlier releases aren't great, but mappō is just that good.

So bummed I missed Sed Non Satiata when they played here. Didn't find out until late that night, after the show was already over.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

answersyouseek posted:

I love the irony of this post.

Wait, what's wrong with Trap Them?

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Ras Het posted:

They're bad.

This changes everything.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

nomapple posted:

That's a hell of a bill! By the way one of the dudes from Deafheaven now runs a record label and put out a cool album by a black metal/hardcore band called Black Monolith. More on the raw/aggressive end than the pretty end of the BM spectrum. Would link, but I'm on my phone. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it.

I got you: http://blackmonolith.bandcamp.com/

albear
Jun 7, 2001

nomapple posted:

New YAITW is streaming and it RULES. Blackened hardcore done right. http://pitchfork.com/advance/444-wh...comes-to-death/

I've been waiting for this album to come out. It's so good.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

It's not like bassists do that much in the music anyways.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

kirkjames posted:

such a boring gimmicky band. I remember Ghostlimb being pretty good but the last time I listened to them was probably 2007 so idk.

You must hate fun.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

kirkjames posted:

if you took out all the samples and movie stuff (which is the the coolest part) would you really think this band is so good? their songs are really boring!

But, bro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5ak06X788

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Digging this new song from Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate): http://www.stereogum.com/1690620/em...-premiere/mp3s/

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I had no idea that Elitist (Portland hardcore/crust) had changed their name. They're now Bastard Feast and releasing an album in a few days. You can stream it here: http://lambgoat.com/features/171/Ba...eid=8a375d4a44f

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Stream the new Code Orange:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZCL_AW9HiY

albear
Jun 7, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

It's not that difficult considering I am a mallcore over-the-hill idiot meathead and you are an ageless elite punk rock genius who definitely only listens to the utmost peer approved bands

Never stop posting, don't let these guys in here tell you what to do

albear
Jun 7, 2001

your taste in music is poo poo and punk is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

like 10% of the time