Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

RunTo TheHills posted:

Same here.

Speaking of Bury Your Dead, I do like them - "You Had Me At Hello" and "Cover Your Tracks", anyway. "Beauty And the Breakdown" was awful. So why, I ask, did I gently caress up and impulse purchase their latest self-titled record yesterday at Best Buy? This thing is awful and I am now soliciting humorous ideas for things to do with the CD.

Jesus, loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I don't know what thread they belong in but can people recommend bands similar to Every Time I Die? I can't get enough of those guys. I love the vocals, the lyrics, the breakdowns, the grungy Southern-rock feel they picked up the last two albums... all of it.

Anterrabae's the only band I've encountered I'd bill as being similar.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass and didn't use the Recommendation thread... I'm heading over there now.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 3, 2008

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I just got home from Best Buy where I purchased their new record, "II" and it's awesome. You're awesome.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Eight Is Legend posted:

You're probably also gonna enjoy He Is Legend, especially the album "Suck Out the Poison".

I will look into them when I get home from work. Gracias.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

-Atom- posted:

It Dies Today has a new album coming out in the fall apparently, and they have a new song called 'Thank You for Drinking' (which has a pretty sweet breakdown towards the end) on their MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/itdiestoday

I really, really like these guys and I have no idea why.

I like these guys with exception of their last album "Sirens", which is fairly awful. Their old demo, (the original! gently caress the stupid remake) "Forever Scorned", and "The Caitiff Choir" are awesome. The new song gives me hope because they're actually playing heavy poo poo again. "Sirens" had no balls at all. I hope "Lividity" is more like "Caitiff Choir"/"Forever Scorned" and I'll be a happy man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

RODSTEEL posted:

Hey everyone, i was wondering if Arturo Gatti ever released any sort of CD. I love their song "Bro Up Or Don't Show Up" but it sounds a lot different than most of their other songs on their Myspace.

Anyone have any more info on them?

Link: http://www.myspace.com/arturogatti

Haha, wow, someone else who's heard of these guys. I came across them on MySpace by accident like three years ago, and then forgot about them. They're pretty good in terms of breakdown-tastic generic metalcore. I wouldn't mind them putting out a CD that I could listen to while working out.