Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Phillyt posted:

Does anyone here like early 80's UK punk? Labels like Riot City, Rot, Clay, etc? If anyone does, lately I have been listening to the English Dogs way too much as well as Hagar the Womb, the Undead, and the Subhumans. I saw Citizen Fish last night with MDC. MDC was much better than Citizen Fish but I'm not really into that ska stuff.

Invasion of the Porky Men is bad rear end. Love the Subhumans, never could get in to Citizen Fish. Favorite of that era and location was Rudimentary Peni, which I get poo poo for every time I bring it up. GBH, Discharge, Infa-Riot... I could go on like this for a while. Then we get in to Oi! and I'm just all over the place.

So yes, I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ChaosNonMusica posted:

GAUZE. New album in a few months. Snort a can of coffee and get stoked.

That is loving AWESOME! Do you have a link to the source of this news or is it just a rumor? What label is putting it out?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Dear internet punx,

Why must bands like the Sick-E's be classified as "Synth-Punk" because they have a keyboard? If I heard someone say that a band is "Synth-Punk" I wouldn't touch them with a 20 foot poll due to the fact the term sounds like something a college sophomore with a Yamaha keyboard would refer to his Foo Fighters cover band as. However, my thorough research has revealed that the Sick-E's are loving rad, and sound like what all of those early Estrus and Crypt bands should have sounded like (except for the Mummies who are perfect in every way).

In short, please stop confusing me. Thanks.

PS get off my lawn

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

Full length on fashionable idiots/no way then an ep on lengua armada a month or two later.. get psyched.

Absolutely. Just got a punk venue up and running here in Camel City so hopefully they'll do an east coast tour.

Christ, I've been here for 2 years now and the best show to come to town has been Turbonegro (AAGGHHHHHHHH). I need to get on the ball and start booking poo poo.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

None of these things have stopped happening and Sports Wings Beer is an "excellent" band.

Got DRI's Dirty Rotten LP, passed up a mint copy of Effigies' Haunted Town tho.

It is not often you get to gently caress up and win at the same time.

(You better have been deciding between rent and records)

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

I've never heard No Slogan called melodic hardcore.

I've heard people call bands "melodic hardcore" when they mean "not mosh metal". Keep in mind a lot of people will look at you like a deer in headlights if you refer to Black Flag as a hardcore band.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

If you're in driving distance of Milwaukee I advise thee to get the gently caress there. Its a huge show that starts around 4, Homostupids are on around 8 or so. Probably the only time you'll see them outside Cleveland. Their two tours so far have been

1) Toronto, then home
2) Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, then home

They probably aren't coming out again anytime soon. Alessandro from Out With A Bang is with them headbutting everything that moves.

I hate you. I hate you so loving much. It's purely jealousy too, y'know. I don't even know you, but I hate you because you get to see The Homostupids and some dickwad from Out With A Bang. I love both of those bands. I want to see them. I probably never will.

Oh well. American Cheeseburger is playing Asheville in February maybe. That'll be good. I'd love to go see Brutal Knights with Double Negative too, but Raleigh is a son of a bitch to find a cheap place to stay.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

and of course Radio Birdman

Add Rose Tattoo to that list. poo poo is like the Oi! AC/DC.

ABC Weapons gets a bronze trophy in the best band names category though. The Aussie X isn't half bad, and, well, if you don't like The Saints, you probably hosed up somewhere.

Everythings fine, carry on.

PIT NINJA EDIT: Everything on Murder Punk vol 1 and 2 is loving BRILLIANT

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

COCKISPOISON posted:

Don't forget Straightjacket Nation! They're touring the US soon:
http://www.myspace.com/straightjacketnationusatour

The old Australian band X is one of my favorites too. :3:

Yeap from Pisschrist is also in Whitehorse: http://www.myspace.com/getonthehorse

Mass Seperation is from Malaysia, but play in Australia often, so maybe check them out too: http://www.myspace.com/massseparation

Say you love The Saints :toughguy:

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I DIDN'T DO IT I DIDN'T DO IT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY

So, does everyone just couch surf Chaos In Tejas or is there a hotel we descend upon?
I'm currently trying to talk a few of the other old heads I know in to making the trip with me.

ps We're from the suburbs, not from the city. we don't hate you, just want to kill you

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Parachute posted:

:words: Clockcleaner

Is it not cool to talk about The Birthday Party anymore? Because all of this poo poo reminds me of The Birthday Party.

Check out The Sick-E's and Brainbombs ASAP. You'll dig it.

I just checked out Pissed Jeans. I am dumb for not checking out Pissed Jeans before now.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Some unreleased/live Rudimentary Peni stuff just got posted over on the southern records boards. Its got 4 live albums, the Death Church Demos(instrumental rough versions of the songs on Death Church) and a complete song that I've never heard before called Please Help.

New album soon too, can't wait.

Hell yes!

I just scored a copy of DRI - Dealin' With It on Death Records with lyric sheet. Today is a good day to thrash.

ps no I don't know where to get Brainbombs stuff please help :(

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Agent Bob posted:

Anyways, anyone have a clue where I can get The Dicks-Kill from the Heart? I have the collection released on Alternate Tentacles, but it doesn't have the whole album, which kind of pisses me off.

Oddly enough that hasn't been re-released in a hojillion years. The good news is it shows up on Ebay at a reasonable price every now and again.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

mrmanatee posted:

Pack your thong!

PS: I'm super excited about seeing the Dicks again at SXSW. They're playing with the Slits and This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. Kinda a weird lineup. It's gonna rule.

Also at SXSW, hosed Up is opening for... The Breeders? Weird.

Y'know, the only thing keeping me from rolling around on the floor writhing about not going to SXSW this year is the fact that The Slits are playing and not The Raincoats. If it was The Raincoats, I'd be selling handjobs at a truck stop for airfare right now.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
So, after years of putting it off, I finally took my records out of their beloved milk crates and put them on a bookshelf I just assembled.

Only to discover my cat had urinated on about 15 of them.

And I can't find my copy of Feel the Darkness.

This totally loving blows. That's just about my favorite album of all time.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Somehow managed to see American Cheeseburger last night, and picked up a copy of Gasp - Drome Triller for about 8 bux. I guess it was a good day.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Agent Bob posted:

Is it worth seeing them? I'm at school, and they are playing in my hometown an hour and a half away.

Seeing as how I managed to get roughly 3 hours from my current place of residence to see them and have no regrets, I'd say an hour and a half isn't that much to ask. If you dig fast, screamy, half-way goofy poo poo you really can't go wrong. Think Charles Bronson with a bit more song structure and tattoos. You're almost there.

You're in PA, right? How's the Lancaster scene these days? I haven't been up for more than a day or two since I left town. I miss those kids.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

The Masshysteri record came out on Feral Ward. They are gonna be huge
Seriously. This poo poo is like X getting in to a knife fight with GBH and winning.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Anyone in here going to Muni Waste/Iron Lung in Raleigh tonight? All of my peeps are being pussies and working instead.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

EvilRobot posted:

Anyone in here going to Muni Waste/Iron Lung in Raleigh tonight? All of my peeps are being pussies and working instead.

Going to take that as a no. Well you all missed crowd surfing on a boogie board and seriously rad circle pits. At least my PA kids showed up and puked in my trash can.

:colbert:

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

I haven't been down to Raleigh in awhile. I was gonna try and make it down for the Brutal Knights, Double Negative show but a bunch of ridiculous unexpected bills had to pop up.

Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get someone to cover for me that day and that I manage to keep my finances in order to make it out. I was loving wiped out after the Waste though. Could barely get out of bed to work the next night. Getting old is bullshit.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Somebody in here said this didn't exist.

I feel oddly vindicated.

ps the price has already gone up 10 dollars in the time it took me to post this.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Who said that didn't exist? I've known about it for years. It's not very good to be honest.

I kinda like it :colbert:

Someone on here had a theory that it was just put out on file share programs by the surviving members and that the ep was never actually pressed. Mostly because it doesn't show up too often. Most people know it exists. I don't personally know anyone who owns it.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Not an Anthem posted:

Murphy's Law can possibly define the Meathead genre that gave rise to immense amounts of really lovely spinoffs and worse fans. Plus its a pretty dumb name.

Murphy's Law is a stupid band with a stupid name, but the whole "meat head" thing I'd reserve more for some of their contemporaries. Sure, they where associated with the whole NYHC SKINS deal and it didn't do them any favors, but to be perfectly honest by the time their first album came out they where more or less the goofy stoner kids of the batch.

The music is loving lame most of the time (some of it makes me laugh in a good way, but I am an idiot so take that for what it is worth), but to say they define the genre of dipshit NYHC FO LIFE YO is loving wrong.

It wouldn't be too off the mark to say Murphy's Law where the Municipal Waste of the late 80's. Keep in mind hardcore was full of violent, iron pumping, hammer-skin courting assholes back then.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Got the new Specters record in the mail today, these guys have a good idea. Looking drat well forward to the release of ATIII and a summer of good times. Sucks they got shot down for the euro tour, but I guess if they didn't it wouldn't make them legit. Anyone wanna play a basement show in Winston Salem, NC hit me up on PM.

EDIT: I'll grab a bus to go see the Zero Boys if they promise to play I'm Bored.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Wizard Mannequin posted:

http://www.myspace.com/sleepingcreepers
I just looked em up, and these guys are loving awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

"Struggle" definitely seals the deal here. More of this and I'll buy anything they put out and take the bus to go see them.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Judgement reunion show in August. If there was ever any reason for me to get my poo poo together and travel over to Japan, this would be it.

Oh god time to sell plasma again.

Anyone no what's up in Santa Cruz? I'm planning on visiting a friend out there in August and she's pretty new to the area herself so it would be super sweet if we could find a decent show to go to together.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

zeldadude posted:

What are some bands like Blood for Blood? I seriously cannot think of any.

Wisdom in Chains probably, that's all I can think of.

Sheer Terror. Not to talk poo poo, but Blood For Blood totally took notes from Sheer Terror.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

I am selling a bunch of records here in SA Mart and a good bit of them are punk and hardcore. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up if you are looking to buy some records.

Is it bad of me to scream "gently caress YOU MATT" as soon as I went through that list and then read Arson Equity's reply?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Wizard Mannequin posted:

God damnit, why is Municipal Waste touring with the Casualties.
The lineup for the Philly show is so disappointing. Waste, Casualties, Boils. Might be the first Waste show I've passed up in years.

As sad as it is for me to admit this, but I pretty much cut my teeth on the early to mid 90's Boils/Violent Society PA scene. I'd still go just to say hey to Greg again.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

walkingistillhonest posted:

Does anyone know what Mike from Violent Society/The Vote is doing these days? We played with The Vote a bunch a few years back and I still love their two full lengths. I hope he's still making music.

I hope so I haven't seen him in like 6 years. He was the nicest loving guy on Earth, too.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

acup posted:

That's crazy. I wonder what tempted them to play in Spain of all places...

I somehow think this is probably a hoax, much like all of the Mummies reunions.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

RunTo TheHills posted:

Nope, they played a surprise show in june (from which there are pictures) and announced that it was a warm up for their one time only reunion show in spain. it's at some big music festival with King Khan. It seems legit. :(

If I buy plane tickets to Spain and this is a hoax I will have your head mounted on a Farfisa.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Competition posted:

Rick Ta Life has gone completely batshit insane apparently, if he wasn't already.

He always has been, but I wish to hear anecdotes/rumors/conjecture/completely made up bullshit about his current antics because I get a kick out of poo poo talk.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Competition posted:

The crazy diamond has found a new shine.

Oh man, that is quality loving crazy right there.

Also, I think I have found my new band name.

God Free Youth

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Mistah Kurtz posted:

Any 4-skins fans in this thread, or Cocksparrer fans? Sham 69? Cockney Rejects? Anti-Nowhere League?

Yes. Go now and listen to Criminal Damage and 86 Mentality.

Godspeed.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Most of the bands playing that A7 thing are bad scab lineups, plus a bunch of bands have already canceled, like Mental Abuse, No Thanks, Roach Motel and Jerry's Kids. I'll bet more bands cancel too.

Why the gently caress would Roach Motel play anyway they where from Florida.

Having said that, US Chaos and Violent Society is every single central PA show from 1996. If Bomb Squadron and The Boils where playing I'd get scared.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I picked up my third copy of the Void/Faith split on vinyl (I'm old, I don't have the previous two, don't ask) and noticed that Dischord now includes vouchers for MP3 downloads of their releases with the vinyl. Can I hand out the other two cards to some kids so they can download the split or do all three cards combine to create the one album, much like Voltron?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

baberaham lincoln posted:

sell the cards on e-bay, say they are unique and that nothing else like them will ever be created. Or not, I dunno...

I'll hold out until the swirl print cards are released and then sell these as first pressing cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Oi got over saturated with really, really loving mediocre bands in the late 90's. Most of the original bands are still great.

Also "Platinum Blond" is probably one the best rock and roll songs ever recorded by anyone.