Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Anyone check out No Friends yet? Tony from Municipal Waste's new mid-80's style hardcore band.

http://myspace.com/wevegotnofriends

This poo poo is a lot better than it has any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Is it still safe to discuss Kylesa in here because I'm pretty stoked for the new album. In my opinion, they've evolved in to the band Neurosis should have been post TSIB.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

baberaham lincoln posted:

This has probably been discussed in this thread before, but I was late to hop on the bandwagon: Cock Sparrer loving rules.

I've got Shock Troops and Guilty as Charged. Are any of their later albums worth checking out?

Not particularly, but you should pick up The Decca Years for their pre-Shock Troops stuff, even if some of the songs are the same.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Not an Anthem posted:

I would love to see the Pork Dukes, love those records

Really? Lotta folks sleep on Pork Dukes. Huge mistake. My friends back home built a bridge with those guys and played some shows with them at the local Jewish Community Center.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
To rob Rev. Norb of his gimmick for a minute...

as of 4:15 AM EST Gentleman Jesse is the best rock and roll band in the world.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
In hindsight, Jello is much less of a criminal than most. Retro may be poison, but at least he tried to warn us.

Larger atrocities have been worshipped by many in this thread alone.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Competition posted:

yeah kinda has to be punk/hardcore

The Authorities - I Hate Cops
The Dicks - Dicks Hate Police
4-Skins - ACAB
Agnostic Front - Smell the Bacon
Black Flag - Police Story (preferably the version off Everything Went Black that starts with home dude screaming "IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION I'VE GOT A GUN IN MY BACK!")
DRI - Free Ride
Cockney Rejects - Police Car

That should get you started.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Angelic Upstarts - Police Oppression
Cocksparrer -Riot Squad
UK Subs - NYC Police

I was thinking earlier, and I believe I could almost make a comp just out of covers of Smell the Bacon if I had to.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

No one in the rec thread wants to help me out... I need Oi. Specifically earlier, pop-y Oi. Like Blitz/Cock Sparrer/The Business Oi. I like The 4-Skins, but they are a bit too aggressive, I'm looking more for the up-tempo Voice of A Generation kind of stuff.

The Blood's early stuff is along those line, as well as the first Skrewdriver LP All Skrewed Up (pre-racist, although I'm sure some dipshit with pit stains will through a hissy fit over this). You'll also probably love Angelic Upstarts, Major Accident, Infa-Riot, and Chron-Gen.

Oi! the edit: Cockney Rejects 4 lyfe bitches

EvilRobot fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 8, 2010

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

What's their best album / compilation. I like the Greatest Cockney Rip Off 7".

The Greatest Hit Vol 1. if they still put it out I haven't bought anything on Captain Oi! or Link or whatever in like, a decade.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

I don't think anyone's posted this, yet.

Ultmate Warriors Discography

99 track discography of pretty sick wrestling-themed (what) hardcore (and it's free!). And for you Pissed Jeans fans, 3 of the guys in Ultimate Warriors are in Pissed Jeans.

I had no idea. I saw these guys a poo poo ton back when most of this thread where waiting for their nuts to drop and playing with Pokemon cards. I think one of my old bands played with them at one point, too. I also dig the hell out of Pissed Jeans and had no idea it was the same dudes. That's rad. I am glad they are still rad.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I had no idea The Pist where even still together.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
She probably gave some kid a bunch of money for his/her jacket. Basically means some kid somewhere sprang for beer for like, a month.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

According to the only B9 thread Ive ever read, the most likely explanation of the jacket is that is belongs to the director of the video who used to be in Bathory and he bought it from some expensive place somewhere.

So if you where in Bathory back when it was more than just a one man band you get access to a secret store where they sell pre-made PUNX jackets?

Sure. Makes perfect sense.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

According to B9. Not me. I dont give a poo poo where it came from. It rules.

I'm not judging you duder, I'm just saying that the explanation sounds flimsy, aside from the fact the director was in Bathory. Which is true. Also it rules.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

My new band, Unholy Thoughts, just recorded a demo soon to be out on cassette. Here are a few songs from that demo: http://unholythoughts.bandcamp.com/ Check it out and let me know what you think.

I diggin' it. PM when the tapes come in.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

mrpwase posted:

Hello, my band just released our first EP, what do you guys think?

This is awesome. How many English Dogs records do you own?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
This thread makes me feel old.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

attackmole posted:

Where do I start with 80's Japanese hardcore?

GISM - Detestation, Gauze - gently caress Heads, Lip Cream - Kill Ugly Pop, The Stalin - Stop Jap, Crow - Who Killed Dove?, Deathside - Wasted Dream.

PS: Bad Vultures are totally rad Oi! from Japan, as well as Cobra and Sledgehammer.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I'd prefer if Judgement records where easier to find than Crude records.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I'm a guitar player in a 70's era style punk band currently called Black Widow.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

My new band recorded a demo and we have our first show on Saturday. Check it out and let me know what you think. Motorhead/Discharge influenced hardcorerocknrollpunkmetal.

http://youtu.be/Y44ersyidSo

It's good. I dig the riffs and the energy. I think you guys could do with some slightly dirtier production, and the vocals aren't really grabbing me, but then again my current obsession with this genre is The Impalers so maybe I'm just putting that poo poo on you. Anyhoo, keep up the good work and I'll probably pick the 7" and/or tape you will eventually release.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Voting that these guys, The Biters, and Gentleman Jessie have a three-way cage match for title of best power pop band in the world. Losers have to shave their head and go back to street punk.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Y-Hat posted:

The first CBGB Festival in New York took a turn for the hosed up tonight.

Still apparently angry that John is the pretty one.

Also, I think it the big pond that divides the Rancid/Cocksparrer thing. I loving love Cocksparrer, but could do without Rancid. Maybe if I came from a country that didn't bear the stigma of Rancid and the ubiquitous 90's question of "Oh, you like Street Punk? Fuckin' Rancid, am I right!?" I'd probably dislike them less.

Also Old Firm Casuals sound like Back with a Bang era Skrewdriver. There, I said it.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

mooglesoft posted:

A389 Recordings IX Anniversary Bash
The Ottobar - Baltimore, MD

Friday January 18th 2013
Integrity
Catharsis
Gehenna
Full of Hell
Cynarae
Ilsa
Old Lines

Saturday January 19th 2013
Left for Dead
Despise You
Lack of Interest
Weekend Nachos
Pick Your Side
Like Rats
Sick Fix

...This lineup is ridiculous. Anyone else going?

Jesus loving christ I wish. Just for Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Y'all muhfugs gots any flexis left?

Never mind, I am apparently loving lovely at clicking on things located to the right of the screen.