Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

rivals posted:

EDIT: Oh and how the gently caress has this not been mentioned. This summer Portraits Of Past is playing four shows. One will be at Slim's in SF, one at the gilman in Berkeley, one somewhere in the midwest (details to be determined), and one in NYC. I'll dig up the link a bit later.
holy crap! i'm there at the nyc show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

THE LUMMOX posted:

Yah for reals! They loving ACED this one. Its a good balance between foggy noise and hot cross style perma-solos.
! I'll have to check that.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

rivals posted:

Swing Kids | Swing Kids | Three.One.G | Black
The cover of "Warsaw" on there is prob. my favorite thing justin pearson has ever done.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Charleston Jew posted:

So how easy would it be for a 20 year old (who looks about 16) to get into the Casbah? :sigh:
Pretty sure you're not gonna get in :( I couldn't ever sneak in, nor could my bearded friends. Try it, though, you never know!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Threatis posted:

I like Shai Hulud, but really dislike Hatebreed and Bury Your Dead.
That makes you a weirdo. I think hydrac's dead on with that poo poo.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Triangulum posted:

Pet Semetary
Ahahah, nice one!

quote:

The other goon and I didn't realize he was so trashed until he started driving up Broadway on the wrong side of the road. :wtc:
Sorry about your friend, but you're lucky you didn't get popped. So many cops downtown.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Triangulum posted:

gently caress yeah! I got selected to guest DJ during the Coup D'etat weekend on fm 94.9. Should be fun, although my shift is at 1:30 am :saddowns:. Anyway it will be broadcast online as well so if anyone is slightly interested in hearing the show, I'll link it here. It's going to be hard to make a playlist with no swearing. gently caress the FCC.
Ahaha, that's so awesome. Those are always really interesting, cause it'll be a cool mix of Sublime, Weezer and Perl Jam for one guy, then Fugazi and The Adolescents for the next.

1:30 am is during safe harbor and they'd let you curse (college radio goons wha wha), but the station probably has a policy against ever cursing

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Pantalones! posted:

gospel january 29th 2010 in brooklyn ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I must find a way to make it to that show.

ooooooooooh

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

A5H posted:

What bands are similar to funeral diner?
I lost my goddamn list.
I dont' want to put too fine of a point on it, but all of them? Are you asking for list of melodic screamo bands from the 2000s? pg 99, amprere, orchid, city of caterpillar... there's so many to explore.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 16, 2009

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

A5H posted:

Basically please :buddy:
They way you gotta do it is find what splits your favorite-screamo-band of the moment did, check out the artists on the other side, see the splits they did and the labels they released on. It's been so long, I'm not gonna remember anything but the hugest acts. But I'll look through my stuff tonight, see if I come up with anything better than what I already listed.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I don't know if Hydrac reads this thread anymore, but he could run a clinic on that stuff.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Sorry for the derail, but are you a true blue Ojai resident? That rules.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

OjaiYoda posted:

I am from Ojai, CA, I also love Star Wars.

My best friend was born and raised in Ojai. Good town. He used to help do shows at the women's center like ~6 years ago IIRC

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Nava. Also friends with those kid with last names Joshua and McCaskill (he's from Oakview) who used to go to hang in Ojai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

OjaiYoda posted:

Teddy Nava? I do not think he was involved in hardcore shows there, maybe electronic stuff. I know Max Joshua and Sean MCPhatskillz well. Those kids are ridiculous.
Hhaha, ya. This was long, LONG ago, before I turned him to the darkside of bleep-blorp music. Those kids are like my nearest dearest, best friends. Ted was my best man. Too funny, small world.