Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Toaster Beef posted:

New Maps of Hell was loving incredible, and Dissent of Man isn't terrible but it certainly isn't as good as the previous three albums.

I echo these thoughts. Better than most of the Atlantic albums (Grey Race :love: ), but the last few were as good (in a different way) as the first round of Epitaph albums, and this just isn't there.

But the worst Bad Religion album is still mostly good, so I'm OK. Curious to see what the setlist will be in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Literally The Worst posted:

Naked Raygun on 9/11 hot drat.

Seriously waiting for them to announce a Chicago show for 9/10 or 9/12 because yupppppppppppppppp.

oh, wait, Naked Raygun at Riot Fest! http://riotfest.org/chicago/lineup/ This is a goodness.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 14, 2014

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yes. Yes, you should. How's the new Intruder album?

ehhhhhhhhhh, I love their first one, this one felt like it lost a bit.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Stravinsky posted:

It's really good.

I missed that this thing happened so thanks for letting me know this thing happened, because it's very good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought they were already touring in some form? Or does this mean with Danzig?

With Danzig, looks like: http://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/the-original-lineup-of-the-misfits-will-reunite-at-riot-fest-051116

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Can't say I loved the new Thrice album but I am too in love with the sound of TAITA/earlier to make an honest opinion on it. That could be my failing, though.

New PUP is great, though. Do that.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Schremp Howard posted:

Jawbreaker got announced for Riot Fest. gently caress.

after Danzig last year, and Jawbreaker this year, we can all safely conclude that the dude running RiotFest gives the best head on this planet.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ferrule posted:

The Brokedowns - Sick of Space

thank you for this, the end of the title track made me wistful for my childhood

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
It's a Bad Religion album released post-2010, it is what it is. Few highs (the solo on Do the Paranoid Style is great), few lows, bunch of middlin' stuff. Three or four new songs to shuffle into the tour setlist. Twelfth-best seemed harsh on its face but out of seventeen? OK, yeah, twelfth-best seems about right.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I don't gently caress with Blink at all but even I like the riff to Dammit

:hmmyes:

I took seeing a Pkew shirt at PUP as a sign to actually listen to that stuff posted earlier and that is also real good stuff

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Honestly it would be super weird for them to still be making pop punk songs about not loving in their 40s so who cares

Dude Ranch was twenty-two years ago, we are all dust, the song is still bad

Bad Religion summer tour announced! With the Lawrence Arms opening :negative:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Inspector_666 posted:

Birds In Row are touring the US, you should go see them.

quote:

Sat, May 4, 2019

Oh no

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The Lawrence Arms are fine, average, whatever, I just live in metro Chicago and have seen them Enough.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

respect your elders

Wow two of them actually are older than me, how terrifying

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

I distinctly remember a Bad Religion song with the lyrics 'like an ocean we can work it out', still not sure what that analogy means

https://genius.com/2841074

quote:

Brett explained that Infected is about an abusive obsessive relationship between a man and a woman. The line “I want to drill you like an ocean” is a metaphor for violating an unspoiled woman, or in other words making love to her in a violating fashion, like an oil rig “penetrates” the pristine sea. He said this is one of his favorite (because of its brevity) and simplest metaphors from a song.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

What's that band where the main dude was raping babies

Lostprophets.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
yeah i definitely listened to that first one you posted and was like "oh eggpunk is Devo Worshp, got it"

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
that album is extremely, extremely timeless.

please, please, please, mr. hox

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/badreligion/status/1204809233746845697

So uh, that rules. They’re playing in Buffalo so that’s three BR shows in under a year that I will be attending.

they're playing at a venue in Chicago that ten minutes ago I had never even heard of!

and yeah sure alkaline trio are fine

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Muñiz is extremely not a German name, good gosh. Mexican descent, probably, for California.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Forum Joe posted:

Saw Frenzal Rhomb, Hightime, Lungs and Knife Hands last night. I was totally blown away by Hightime, they mixed punk, ska and reggae in a way that I’ve not heard anyone else do before. Early No Doubt and Sublime mixed with other modern melodic punk rock. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on them in future.
Also, Knife Hands finished with a cover of On The Outside (NUFAN) complete with guest female vocalist (Nina from Hightime) that was just amazing.

:hmmyes: HighTime is indeed very good, thank you for this!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
FWIW Riot Fest Chicago is in September and the weather is usually 60s/70s. Almost definitely rainy, though, or immediately after a rain storm. Or it could be 80s and 90s! Hellworld and all.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Clarity is a really good emo album, i-m-o

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
looks at phone, "New release from Jeff Rosenstock"

https://jeffrosenstock.bandcamp.com/album/no-dream

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
PUP has a live album on this, another Bandcamp Gives All Money To Artists Day. It's only available today (7/3/20), so hit that Buy button: http://puptheband.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-the-electric-ballroom

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

I never thought 2010s Blink would end up evolving into 1990s Pennywise, but hey.

Haha, holy poo poo, that guitar tone when it comes in, that is loving it.

Bad Religion did a rerecord of Faith Alone that...the production ain't great on. But good song for now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx4lcvTLwsc

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum Shart posted:

I have simply turned to ash. 15 year old me was listening to The Shape of Punk to Come.

I was listening to Recipe For Hate :corsair:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
i heard they suck live

for actual content, The Decline is timeless.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Bad Religion tour dates announced. Nothing near Chicago (Grand Rapids????). gently caress Armageddon, this is hell, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Your AOTY, folks?

does 10000 gecs work here

maybe the new Rosenstock?

Bad Religion touring with Social D next year :toot: