Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePiper
Jun 16, 2003
Hippo [NOT FURRY]
I won't go into how awesome the Fest, but I will say we had a killer show at my house on the Monday before the Fest. Line-up was:

Disaster Stalls (local kids)
O Pioneers!!!
Bridge and Tunnel
Down in the Dumps
Four Letter Word
Nothington
Off With Their Heads

Here are some pictures:

All photos here: http://flametal.smugmug.com/Music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePiper
Jun 16, 2003
Hippo [NOT FURRY]

Biscuit Hammer posted:

Are you a Gainesville local? I didn't hear about this house show, and I wish I had :(

Not at the moment, I'm off at college in Clemson, SC. That's where the show was. I'll be back in Gainesville in May!

SpacePiper
Jun 16, 2003
Hippo [NOT FURRY]

Cathab posted:

And also - Latterman broke up and that breaks my heart. Those guys were incredible, and I never got to see them live (loving Australia). Any suggestions for bands similar to Latterman too?

Former members of Latterman are in Bridge and Tunnel (also former members of Slingshot Dakota, Each Other's Mothers, etc) and Shorebirds (Matt from Latterman and Chris from Jawbreaker.

Bridge and Tunnel sound like Latterman with less poppy-punk and more guitar-driven "indie rock", all incredibly talented musicians. The other night in NY they played a cover of Rumbleseat's "Cursing Concrete" and it was loving killer. They have a 7" out now and are about to record a full-length.

I haven't gotten the Shorebirds 7" yet, but it is supposed to be rad. It's hard to find but No Idea is getting them in stock soon.

SpacePiper
Jun 16, 2003
Hippo [NOT FURRY]

Cathab posted:

I've listened to all of those bands except for The Flatliners and Dead to Me (whom I will be checking out ASAP).

While they're all awesome bands (Nothington especially), they don't really have the same feel to Banner Pilot (that super-fast, energetic, melodic music with those awesome raspy vocals). Maybe I just have to accept that the reason Banner Pilot are so awesome, is because they're pretty unique in a way.

The worst part about all these amazing bands like the ones you listed is that they all seem to be JUST small enough to never really make it over to Australia to tour. Oh well!

Thanks for the recommendations man.

Monikers.
New Bruises.
The Sidekicks.