Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Arson Equity posted:

Whoa, I totally expected something different then I noticed Olympia. No offense, I hate that stuff, and that town sounds like it generates pretty much nothing but that.

Chronic Seizure recording new album late january, I did a video interview with them last night full of really offensive (even to myself) horrible things I will comically edit down and hopefully put on youtube within a week or so.

edit- TEAR IT UP

I loving love Chronic Seizure. Those dudes loving blaze. That's one of the faster hardcore bands I've ever seen. I can't wait for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Arson Equity posted:

Full length on fashionable idiots/no way then an ep on lengua armada a month or two later.. get psyched.

On No Way? Man, Brandon and I need to catch up.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I finally checked out Brutal Knights, and that's some fuckin good poo poo.

Such a great band. The 7 inch that Tony put out is classic.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Citizens Patrol is so loving good. It's pretty funny because they sound so similar to Direct Control and Brandon put the record out but who cares. It is soooooooo good.

For all those that are into Brutal Knights check out The Catburglars for sweet garagey punk.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Arson Equity posted:

Catburglars are AWESOME. Local heros. I have some video of them, they have some sweet limited tour edition Bl'ast ripoff tshirts.

Tony Bitch who put out the last Brutal Knights record is supposedly putting out the next Catburglars record. I can't wait. I recently got both 7 inches (at least I think those are their only 2 records) and I can't get enough.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Agent Bob posted:

I saw they were playing with the reunited YDI. Do they still play that metal bullshit?

Reunited YDI may be one of the worst bands I have ever seen in my days.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
The Masshysteri record came out on Feral Ward. They are gonna be huge

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

MattWPBS posted:

Playing Guildford next Saturday. The Vicious were good when they came over, so this should be fun too.

I am so jealous

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

EvilRobot posted:

Seriously. This poo poo is like X getting in to a knife fight with GBH and winning.

They need to come across the pond and play here. The 2 Vicious shows I went to were 2 of the best experiences of my whole life.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Agent Bob posted:

Eh, when I saw the Vicious, Pissed Jeans stole the show, and all their equipment was loving up. They were alright, I guess.

The first night I saw them it was just such an electric environment. I mean so much so that it convinced me to call into work the next day and drive 4 hours to see them again.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

EvilRobot posted:

Going to take that as a no. Well you all missed crowd surfing on a boogie board and seriously rad circle pits. At least my PA kids showed up and puked in my trash can.

:colbert:

I haven't been down to Raleigh in awhile. I was gonna try and make it down for the Brutal Knights, Double Negative show but a bunch of ridiculous unexpected bills had to pop up.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Macrock is today which means The Ladies record release. Anyone who is into the garage punk sound like Brutal Knights and The Catburglars needs to pick this record up.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Dillinger posted:

I dunno about anyone else but I think I consider A Wilhelm Scream to be one of the bands that's going to help shape the future of punk. So stupidly talented, terrific live show, amazing energy, great lyrics, inventive and impressive songwriting that's really unlike anyone else out there right now (that I know of).

Saw them again last night and I can really see this band taking it to a new level. Just go listen to Career Suicide, and if by the time The Horse comes on you're not swayed, I dunno what to tell ya.

If A Wilhelm Scream is the future of punk then I am the Queen of England.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
No Way Fest 2 is this weekend. Who is coming? I can't wait.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Is Agent Orange still worth seeing? They're coming to philly soon and I might go if they aren't total poo poo these days

Definitely not worth it. They were a huge letdown when I saw them

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

zeldadude posted:

New trash talk: hooooooooooooly poo poo

Not a fan of the music but Spencer rules.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
I am selling a bunch of records here in SA Mart and a good bit of them are punk and hardcore. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up if you are looking to buy some records.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

EvilRobot posted:

Is it bad of me to scream "gently caress YOU MATT" as soon as I went through that list and then read Arson Equity's reply?

He did ask about some of the better ones but there are still some gems in there.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Mike_V posted:

Holy poo poo I just checked out Annihilation Time. loving insane. Their description on Last.fm is pretty apt: "Sounds Like : 'Your mother puking after you've forced her at knife point to eat the feces of a 43 year old retarded homeless man (the knife, by the way, says "blood and honor" in German on it but dont ask us where it came from). Meanwhile someone is listening to a cummed-on copy of Deep Purple "In Rock" at 45 rpms at a volume thats way too loud.…"

Wow you've been missing out then. Glad you finally checked them out. They are life changing.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

this is hardcore:

https://www.myspace.com/gatesofacheron

You are funny.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
To those of you ever around Richmond, VA, Brandon and Lauren of No Way Records just opened a record store called Vinyl Conflict today and it is awesome. The inventory is about 80% punk and when I went today it was full of hard to find records. It's definitely worth a trip if you are in the area.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Mistah Kurtz posted:

Any 4-skins fans in this thread, or Cocksparrer fans? Sham 69? Cockney Rejects? Anti-Nowhere League?

Shock Troops is one of the best albums for drunken punk sing alongs ever.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
My new band Southside Stranglers is playing our second show on Sunday in Richmond with Annihilation Time, The Ladies, and some metal bands. Anyone around the Richmond area should definitely come check it out especially since Annihilation Time is playing.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Crossposted from the shameless promotion thread:

My band, Southside Stranglers, recorded yesterday. We sort of have a rock and rolly punk feel except fast. The myspace is http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva
Check it out, book us shows, and put out our record. Even though I hate the whole "featuring members of" thing it does allow people to get sort of an idea of sound before the listen and it features the singer of Government Warning and the former drummer as well.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Grigori Rasputin posted:

There's been too much talk of bad hardcore, let's not mention any for the next 30 posts.

Well it was a nice thought

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Your Weird Uncle posted:

man are all hardcore kids that brainless and macho? annoying as gently caress.

also why do kids two step at a ceremony show?

1. No
2. Because it is a Ceremony show.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
How loving amazing is Social Circkle now? I saw them last night and they play so loving blazing fast. It was awesome. The new Government Warning record is shaping up pretty nicely as well. Richmond's lack of sweet venues is annoying but there is definitely not a lack of sweet bands and shows right now.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Is there enough weed in the world to make this sweet?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

ChaosNonMusica posted:

There is actually. I believe the specific number is equal to the same amount of boring rehashed USHC riffs that every band on No Way Records uses.

Oh I see what you did there. :bravo:

I'm just a little confused as to how every band on No Way can be lumped into one sound.

answersyouseek fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 8, 2009

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Born Bad is loving awesome. When we played with them they did 2 Last Rights covers. It got pretttttttttttty wild.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Selling a bunch of records over in SA-Mart. Most would appeal to the crowd here so I figured i'd let y'all know.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3079465

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Masshysteri (Ex Vicious) is now on a US tour. Be sure to catch them if they are playing your town. If you live somewhere around Virginia you should definitely come to the show on Friday. It's Masshysteri, Government Warning, Guilty Faces, Towers, and my band Southside Stranglers. It's going to be awesome.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

No Way Fest 3 is approaching. So many great bands. Sweet Euro bands, Carbonas' last show and the loving Zero Boys twice? This is going to be awesome.

Ticket Info:

If you are anywhere near Richmond or happen to be passing through you can buy tickets from Vinyl Conflict Records as well.

Paypal to NOWAYFESTTICKETS@GMAIL.COM

FRIDAY- 10.50
SATURDAY- 26.25
SUNDAY- 26.25

3 DAY PASS (10 DOLLARS OFF TOTAL)- 52.50

Please leave your first and last name in the comments section for will call. You will get a confirmation email after purchasing. Thanks!

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

kirkjames posted:

Yeah that fest looks off the chain. It will have to be either No Way or Dude Fest this year for me.

Should even be a question. No Way Fest is going to be awesome.

gerfatty posted:

Yeah man, they're back together and they still pretty much rip. I caught them the second night of their Gilman shows and they blew everyone out of the water. Great to see the old guys still goin' strong.

Yeah I've heard from multiple people around Indiana that every time they play it's loving insane. I know the second they break into Amphetamine Addiction I am going to lose my mind.

P.S. Saw Masshysteri followed by Government Warning tonight, and it was one of the best shows I've been to in awhile. Masshysteri is definitely one of the best bands around at this point.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

ChaosNonMusica posted:

As far as this years fests go, I'm heading out to Chaos in Tejas. The chance to see Judgement, AI, and Warcry was just too good to pass up. The only reason I won't be losing my poo poo to Judgement is probably because I'm gonna record it and have myself a nice souvenir. I will probably be loosing my poo poo at this show though:

If you are in Michigan, you could come to this as it will be awesome.

Yeah Chaos In Tejas is looking so loving amazing as well. Cocksparrer, Annihilation Time, Peligro Social's last show, sweet Japan bands, that's going to be great. We are getting the Crude and Unit 21 tour here with Wasted Time. That should be a lot of fun.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Competition posted:

This is insanely cool...

http://www.hardcorewebsite.net/bored/viewtopic.php?t=14500

Yeah I heard about this record a couple weeks ago and luckily I bought a copy before it sold out everywhere. It's pretty loving awesome. Not Sonics or MC5 awesome but close.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Inspector_71 posted:

We should all take a moment out of our busy lives to remember how loving awesome Wow, Owls! were.

Really? I saw this band play way too many times and they were never really that sweet. I wasn't even aware that people really knew them outside of Richmond because people in Richmond didn't really care that much.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I might need some help with a place to stay if I can go to Dude Fest this year. Can anyone help me?

Why go to a lovely fest when you could go to No Way Fest?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
I just put some records up on ebay for the singer of Government Warning. Spend lots of money on them so he can afford to go to Europe. It's some test presses and other limited stuff that doesn't come up very often.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/answersyouseek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Iron Lung posted:

How did I just recently discover No Justice? That is a crime if you ask me.

Because no one really knows about No Justice except for VA people. Those shows were so insane.