Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
It Dies Today has a new album coming out in the fall apparently, and they have a new song called 'Thank You for Drinking' (which has a pretty sweet breakdown towards the end) on their MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/itdiestoday

I really, really like these guys and I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I don't know if anyone is following them, but the Fall of Troy recently played a demo on some Seattle radio station. It's called 'Vomiting Winter' and is pretty god damned awesome if I say so myself.

Now it's just a demo but it's still pretty decent, check it out.

The Fall of Troy - Vomiting Winter

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Has anyone seen Fear Before the March of Flames (Or now Fear Before...) recently? They're playing at this bar around where I live and I've yet to see them but I've always been somewhat interested in them.

I'll probably go regardless, but how do they stack up live?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Akileese posted:

Out of curiosity, I'm going to see Senses Fail next month and was wondering if anyone could gimme a clue as to how the new album sounds live and which tracks they're playing.

Don't miss Foxy Shazam.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

New Mikoto leaked, and it's a pretty big disappointment compared to their EPs.

They're not very good live but are awesome as hell to talk to before or after a show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

Do they ever play any Taken stuff live? I would go see them just for that off-chance.

I honestly have no idea. Each time that I've seen them I wasn't completely into them besides maybe the lead singer, he has great stage presence.

They're worth checking out though in my opinion.

And oh my god, it looks like the Fall of Troy have finally decided to actually release 'Phantom on the Horizon' that they'll be selling on their next tour with #12, Warship and Black Houses.

It's about god drat time.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 28, 2008

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Parachute Underwear posted:

gently caress all the haters, I'm stoked for this. I really hope most of the old EP is on there.

I'm gonna miss Tim though, I have no idea what Frank sounds like and I liked Tim's vocals. :(

Are there haters for the Ghostship demos? I always thought it was pretty common that those were viewed as the some of the best stuff they've ever done.

But yeah, Tim was pretty legit but Frank sounds like a beast and just tears it up live.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Does anybody know anything about why Johhny Truant is breaking up? I'm not too big on them but I've always thought they were pretty decent.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dickeye posted:

Think you want the ska thread buddy
But seriously gently caress the Aquabats

They do put on a pretty awesome show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The track listing from Phantom on the Horizon was released from the guys in the band, and is as follows.

Chapter 1: Introverting Dimensions
Chapter 2: A Strange Conversation
Chapter 3: Nostalgic Mannerisms
Chapter 4: Enter the Black Demon
Chapter 5: The Walls Bled Lust

Now everyone knows A Man A Plan A Canal, Panama was part 8 and Semi-Fiction was part 6 so it looks like 7 is missing somehow.

You can pre-order the album to be shipped on the 5th of December here.

And here is the cover art.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Parachute Underwear posted:

Awesome, I thought it was an tour EP only and I'd have to download it. Will it be sold in stores? Otherwise I guess I'll order a shirt deal if they make one. It'll be interesting to hear the difference between the old demos with Tim and the new ones with Frank.

They pressed 3,000 copies total so 1,500 for the tour and 1,500 for online retail. The album sold out earlier today and now merchnow has a digital download which now means the album has leaked.

This album is so loving incredible it doesn't seem right.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 28, 2008

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

Everybody has heard The Blood Brother's cover of Under Pressure, right? Because it's awesome.

I was literally just singing this to my friends girlfriend while she was watching Desperate Housewives.

I like it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I saw the Number 12 last night and I can't believe I've never seen them before or given them a chance.

They absolutely kill it live.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

A5H posted:

This thread is loving dead lately.
What albums are due in the near future?

It Dies Today's new album with their new singer drops in like a week or two.

I'm kinda excited to see where they are going sans Nick Brooks.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

RagingPawn posted:

Just bought tickets for Architects and Misery Signals on friday. Though I have yet to hear Misery Signals new album, how is it?

If you even remotely liked Mirrors you'll be blown the gently caress away by Controller.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

This might be the right thread for this I could be wrong: I really like the new Manchester Orchestra album a lot. It's an improvement on their first, even

Is that out now? I really, really liked the first and I was waiting patiently for a second.

Do they try anything new or is it kinda typical MO?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Triangulum posted:

Yeah there are a lot of shows, especially in LA. But gerfatty's right, the venues are often lovely expensive and have bad sound to boot (House of Blues SD I'm looking at you douches). In San Diego we've got a couple good cheap all ages places like the Che Cafe and Soma. Soma is really infested with annoying high school kids though, the kind that just want to hug their girlfriends while they watch some ska. Only place I've been where kids will just completely flip their poo poo if you run into them :psyduck: It's a loving concert dude.

When I was seeing this girl that lived in La Jolla we would go to Soma whenever I was down to visit and you pretty much nailed it. The venue is pretty nice though and has a show practically everyday from what I remember, so it's not bad if you're into that whole scene.

In other news Brand New is touring small rock clubs in July and I picked up some tickets for the San Francisco date. Oh my god it's going to be amazing.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 11, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

Aw poo poo, another Glassjaw tour this fall.

I would absolutely go berserk if Glassjaw and Brand New were coming to California, but it just looks like they are supporting on the east coast.

However Manchester Orchestra will be with Brand New on the west coast leg so while still a bummer, not a complete loss.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pantalones! posted:

There is real, good, metalcore, and it's not being talked about at all in the thread. Be ignorant if you want but that thread is the equivalent of a rap thread where all that's discussed is vanilla ice and mc hammer.

Drop us some knowledge motherfucker.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
New Fall of Troy song to be released for free.

quote:

This Thursday August 27th, The Fall of Troy will be releasing the first track off In the Unlikely Event to all their fans on The Fall of Troy's mailing list. This track will come in the form of a free download, so feel free to rip, burn, share etc! If you're currently not a subscriber, head to TheFallofTroy.com and sign up now or miss your chance to own a little piece of In the Unlikely Event before it's released on Oct 6th.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

albear posted:

FoT are so bad, but hey free song.

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure the Fall of Troy even fit in this thread but they certainly don't belong in the metalcore thread so this seemed to be the best place.

The self-titled and Doppelgangers album are pretty solid pieces of music. They kind of took a strange direction with Manipulator, but then they released the Phantoms on the Horizon EP and my interest in them shot up again.

They are killer live too, and they probably one of the coolest outros I've ever seen.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 25, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

albear posted:

I remember liking the Ghostship demos when I was a teenager.

Well those demos were recorded (distributed on a CD-R for gods sake) shortly after the self-titled album and they were all muddy and incomplete. They have since re-recorded and released them and I find the EP to be incredibly enjoyable. I was also fortunate to see them play it from start to finish in the short tour they had on the album.

And I discovered the Fall of Troy in 2006 (was 21) and have been a pretty avid fan since.

But man, I had no idea the band was so hated among you guys. I think they stand out and then some within the scene they happen to fall in.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 25, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

rivals posted:

Congratulations.

Only reason I pointed that out was because of the other poster had mentioned that he liked the demos when he was a teenager.

Seemed somewhat condescending, so you know.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 25, 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jesse doesn't really hide the fact that he's obsessed with Morrissey.

This is a little snippet of when they played Kimmel in 2003.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

weekly font posted:

White Crosses is really really good I just like New Wave more.

I guess if you were just looking to get a similar vibe from that single, but man, they put out so much better stuff.

Searching for a Former Clarity is the bee's knees.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I just wish Laura wasn't center stage when they perform. It always seemed cool as hell to me when he would play stage left.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to the new album!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Download the new Against Me! ep True Trans for free for a limited time at http://www.againstme.net/

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TheAbortionator posted:

And its really really good which is surprising because those albums really really weren't.

Watch yourself.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Monday_ posted:

A new At the Drive-in album came out today. I only had a chance to listen to the first half, but it seems alright?

Seeing them on Friday. I'm... excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Escobarbarian posted:

Science Fiction is probably gonna be #1 this week.

Badass.