Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Hydrac7 posted:

Speaking of Paul Baribeau and Ghost Mice, I love their split. I think more bands need to release splits where they cover each other's songs because it's just real fun.

Yes, there is a Get Up Kids/Coalesce split like this and it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Slut Muffin posted:

Whoa, whoa, Paul Baribeau and Ghost Mice have a split? Why am I not aware of this? Or are you thinking of the Andrew Jackson Jihad/Ghost Mice split?

According to Wikipedia they have a split together. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Mice#Splits

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

MattWPBS posted:

Are you kidding me? I think I know someone who's flown out especially to see them. From the UK.

I heard a rumor or something that they are breaking up and not playing anymore shows?

EDIT: Also I won't be up in the bay area until like 8 or 9 tonight so it looks like I won't make it. I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday morning for sure though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Built for Brutality posted:

hardcore. 108 is kinda bad. I didn't like them the first time they were a band and I still don't but they do put on one hell of a performance. Plus Gehenna is actually playing. Can't loving wait.

Kinda bad? They are terrible, IMO.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

Anyone see this?

Now I feel infinitely worse about missing Funeral Diner and LATS last summer. Add them to the list of awesome bands to break up this year.. :cry:

gently caress :(

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

acup posted:

Allegiance are breaking up.

loving horrible news.

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

EDIT: At least that solidifies that I'm driving four hours for the Set It Straight show this weekend since they are playing too.

rivals fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 13, 2007

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

acup where'd you hear about Allegiance? I saw nothing official on their myspace, web site, B9 board, or on rivalry's site. The only thing I saw were rumors of it in comments on their myspace, but I guess those have to have started somewhere.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

maydae posted:

drat you are a thurrow internet detective.
I rarely ever check B9 website. All it is, is a t shirt swap and a hate on everything forum.
Gay imo.

I hate the B9 boards for the most part, but I figured there would be a pretty recent thread on it there.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Looks like I'm not quite thorough enough. drat. :(
So stoked for the Phoenix show on Saturday though, SIS, Allegiance, LLT, KTD, Shook Ones, Final Fight and a couple others. gently caress. That's going to cost me so much money.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Built for Brutality posted:

Allegiance has been breaking up for the past 3 or 4 months I think. Kinda sucks but I have seen them enough times to be ok with never seeing them again.

Who else posts on b9? I know there has to be at least one other person on here other than me.

Yeah, I guess I've noticed a lack of shows from them lately. Pretty much since Desperation came out I think? This is probably my last chance to see them so I have to or else I'll hate myself. They were the first hardcore band I listened to :(

EDIT: Also, I have never posted on B9 much, but I recently started posting on vlv again. I'm not sure which is worse..

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

VLV is board.vivalavinyl.org, pretty much as it sounds, record forums. There's also a new one coming up at https://www.deadformat.net I've been posting on too. I've been way too into records lately.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I've been buying up a bunch of records that I've wanted for a while lately, but with no regards to making collections, and these last few days I've really started wanting to work on that. gently caress not having a job. I guess if I don't worry about having all colors, if I can find that Allegiance/IA split I'll have a mini collection with at least one of each release :shobon:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, I never picked it up when Rivalry still had it because I couldn't get into the IA side. I see that one up on eBay a lot, but it's going for like 10ppd and I don't want it quite that bad, I'd settle for the black that they pressed like 1500 of or something ridiculous like that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

They were fun live sometimes, and I listened to them on and off a bit, but yeah I agree with you for the most part. I just saw them with Converge a few weeks ago and pretty much whenever they weren't playing a song it was Cory complaining about the scene now, or about people talking poo poo, or about how Carry On was played during IA's set up time.

On a side note, I can't remember if it's been mentioned in here or not but Go It Alone is breaking up too. I can't say I'm too upset though, I was pretty disappointed with Histories. It just lacked the energy that their other releases had. It doesn't look like they have any other dates except the last show in Vancouver I think. I looked a few days ago but I don't remember exactly.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Temporary Residence [https://www.temporaryresidence.com] has announced that on December 1, they will be launching a very large preorder featuring releases from Japanese band Envy:

"Abyssal" CDEP / LP (Brand new EP featuring four new songs; approx. 30 minutes of new music; first 500 orders get colored vinyl)

"All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead" CD / LP reissue (two different colored vinyl versions available while supplies last)

"Compiled Fragments" CD / 2xLP (first 400 orders get colored vinyl)

"A Dead Sinking Story" CD / 2xLP reissue (first 400 orders get colored vinyl)

There will be a Winter Pre-Order Pack that will also be available only during the month of December, including all of these releases on CD or vinyl formats, and these packs get first crack at colored vinyl.

Pre-orders will ship on or around January 7, 2008.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Inspector_71 posted:

Oh gently caress, All The Footprints vinyl re-issue? On that.

Yeah, so stoked.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Arson Equity posted:

Question, why do people like Cold World?

I've never figured it out, either.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just ordered the All The Footprints... repress and preordered the Ghastly City Sleep LP w/ test press.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Champion Myspace Bulletin posted:

new band
jim from champion on vox
ace from go it alone on the guitars
beej has been playing in the first step on guitars
aaron from lights out on drums
and adam from blue monday on bass

going into the studio next weekend to cut some tracks

loving so stoked on this.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Best Friend posted:

:siren:Bayside is on tour in January with Straylight Run and Four Year Strong:siren:

I'm stoked to say the least. They're in my town on Valentines day!

How did this end up in this thread?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

I was getting confused, I knew there was something good about the word Shikari.

Yeah Shikari = good, Enter Shikari = bad. I think Shikari has a split with Louise Cyphre and their side is loving awesome.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Best Friend posted:

I don't know man last time checked this was the emo thread as well, bro

You do not want to start a genre war. Suffice it to say those bands are not emo.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I rediscovered On The Might Of Princes this morning, and now they and I Hate Myself are pretty much the only bands I have listened to today.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

walkingistillhonest posted:

I just preordered the new Lemuria LP. loving stoked.

Yeah, I preordered this a week or so ago. It's going to be so good!

Capitan Dad posted:

Nice, that band has beast singing. I'm addicted to the Ampere/Funeral diner split. Easily my favourite "album" right now not bad for like 2 1/2 songs.

That split is super short but every second of it is so loving good. Not relevant to this thread at all, but I also can't stop listening to the Owen/The City On Film split. It's ridiculously good.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

THE LUMMOX posted:

fuckity gently caress gently caress Street Smart Cyclist has a new track on myspace. Its seriously too good for words what a sweet band.
http://www.myspace.com/streetsmartcyclist

New song is so good. This goes well with my current kick of listening to tons of Jawbreaker, Braid, and The Promise Ring.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So excited about this shirt.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

From VLV. Got that and a Braid - I'm Afraid Of Everything bootleg shirt together from that girl for 14ppd. Can't really argue with that price.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

That album is so good.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I checked out that new Capsule stuff, I just couldn't get into it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

EDIT: Also, anyone going to the TBIAPB/Defiance, Ohio Shows on the 5th-8th? I'll be at all 3.

They are playing one in San Luis Obispo one night, the 3rd maybe? I'm not sure exactly but I'll be at that one for sure.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Split with Sed Non Satiata incoming that should be cool, and repressings of Laisser.

Too bad you can only get the repress from Pure Pain Sugar and it's loving 15 euros. I really want to order that and the Daitro/Raein split but that's a lot of money to drop on those.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

THE LUMMOX posted:

15 euros is more like 30 dollars. I want that record really bad but its hard to justify...especially when theres so much other things I want that are already stateside and a lot cheaper.

For the two recs together it's 30 euros ppd, which is around $45. The Daitro LP is 12", the split is 10". I just got ahold of an earlier press of the Daitro LP for a pretty good price so I'm excited to be getting that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, depending on how this whole christmas thing goes, I might order the split. I really want it but I'm not sure if I want to shell out 20bux for it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I've been doing that same thing since they went on sale like five weeks ago or whatever. I'm starting to think I'm risking it a bit too much.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

THE LUMMOX posted:

Theres a Sinaloa/Daniel Striped Tiger split 7" coming out this spring. Hellll yes!

As well as a Sinaloa lp at the same time, I think. Can't wait.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Even though I don't think they sound like it anymore, check out Poison The Well - Opposite Of December. Not a big fan of that kid of music anymore, but I still love that album.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I've been sleeping on Coke Bust forever but finally checked em out since they've been brought up in here so much. Super loving good.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

MattWPBS posted:

Know anywhere with some MP3s online?

Also if you search for them on last.fm there's at least one full track up.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I've been meaning to check out The Separation but I haven't done so yet. Set It Straight was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that preorder! Excited to get it.