Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Graf Orlock/Dangers/Ghostlimb house show tomorrow night, stoked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Inspector_71 posted:

Well, I've got a boner.

Did anyone expect otherwise?

EDIT: gently caress yes, Titus just got Daitro/Sed Non Satiata splits in. Order them at http://www.vinyljunkiedistro.com/ asap, I think they'll go quick.

rivals fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 12, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Oh poo poo that is great news. They better make it to the west coast.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

acup posted:

Edit:

Looks like I missed out on the Daitro/Sed Non Satiata split. If any of you dudes bought multiples, I'll buy one off of you.

Holy poo poo those went way faster than I expected. Also stoked to hear that new FD band.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

The show tonight was absolutely amazing. My knee got hosed up but whatever I'll get over it.

On the other topic I miss With Honor live. I saw them a few times and they were great. Heart Means Everything is such a good album.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Listening to Pygmy Lush for the first time right now. How the gently caress did I sleep on them for so long? They rule.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

The huge lack of record stores around here has caused me to resort to purchasing almost solely online. A few hundred records have gotten to me in the mail over the last few months with no problems at all. Just adding to the "ordering online is fine" sentiment.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

If you like Snake Eyes check out the long broken up For The Crown. I know at least one of the dudes was in that band, maybe more. Also check out Step It Up. Great bands.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

You should put one on Dead Format [https://www.deadformat.net]. That site rules, the kid who runs it has an account here but never really posts. Anyway it's a solid community and way nicer than recordnerd. I don't update my rn anymore because it's such a hassle.

EDIT: Pretty jealous of that Chaos Is Me on yellow. While we're posting lists, here's my current one though I have to update it with some more incoming records which I guess I'll do now. http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/rivals

rivals fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 23, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Got my Lemuria preorder today. The record is awesome, but the sleeve has a huge loving seam split. Oh well.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

It just irritates me that there are distros who still don't take the vinyl out of the sleeve when shipping it, especially when the record isn't shrink wrapped already.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

A lot of places take the record/dust sleeve out of the cover but still both inside the poly bag so as to avoid ring wear and seam splits. I think I worded it somewhat poorly before, but this is how I send any records I sell/trade and how most people I buy from send.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Got a huge shipment from Kyle at Rivalry today that pretty much completes my Allegiance collection [just missing tests and some of the IA split variations], and Funeral Diner - The Wicked EP on clear [acup hates me]. So excited about all of that. Also end of Feb Allegiance's last show should be killer, such a good lineup.

ALLEGIANCE (Last show ever!)
VERSE
THE FIRST STEP
INTERNAL AFFAIRS
TRASH TALK
RED HANDED

CEREMONY
BETRAYED
KILLING THE DREAM
SOUL CONTROL
ANOTHER BREATH
GET THE MOST

rivals fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 25, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Inspector_71 posted:

Thursday don't have 2 vocalists, or a black guy. That was my first thought up until the 2 vocalists tidbit though.

I could have sworn they had a black guy who did some of the backing vocals. I'm not saying that's who he's looking for though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ITT: All the cool kids change their usernames.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

MattWPBS posted:

How the hell did you all end up with new usernames?

I'm confused now.

I paid for mine. Arson Equity probably did the same I'd imagine.

acup posted:

I went to Armageddon records in Providence today (Buy records from them, they rule), and scored a Funeral Diner / Dead City test press for 10 bux.

FU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Got my Daitro/Sed Non Satiata split today along with a ton of other poo poo. Stoked to listen to it when I get back from class.

EDIT: It rules, as to be expected. Also picked up a bunch of Daniel Striped Tiger stuff, that band is ridiculously underrated.

MattWPBS posted:

You know, I never noticed you could do that before.

Yeah, it's like $8 so a bit expensive, but I don't really use my old username anywhere anymore. That and the fact that I've dropped around $40 on my account already, I figured I should just change the username rather than make a new account or something.

rivals fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 29, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Envy - All The Footprints... preorder came today. It's on white/red and I thought it was supposed to be black/red but whatever it looks pretty hot. Going to put it on in a few minutes here.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah they broke up a few years ago. Backing WBODA as their best release.

EDIT: Also just scored a sick lot of 7"s I've been looking for for so long off some dude on DF. I'll punch up a list in a second.

Comadre | Songs About The Man! | 2005 | Coldbringer | White | 250 | 153/250
Funeral Diner/Raein | Split | 2004 | Red Cars Go Faster | Black | 570
Gloria Record, The | Grace, The Snow Is Here | 1998 | Crank | White
Hot Cross/Holy Shroud, The | Split | 2005 | Level Plane | Blue/white | 100
Raein | Doden Marscherar At Vast | 2004 | Release The Bats | Black/violet | 525

rivals fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 1, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So sick, got the Saetia LP from that guy too. Can't loving wait for that package.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

https://www.popsike.com. It sucks though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Thank God/Life At These Speeds split 7" for $4ppd up here: http://www.exoticfever.com/music.php

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

answersyouseek posted:

Reunited YDI may be one of the worst bands I have ever seen in my days.

Reunited 108 was pretty loving terrible when I saw them a couple months ago.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Somehow I never bothered checking out Das Oath until last night. I always assumed they'd be way thrashier than I liked or something but holy poo poo. Needless to say I just ordered the three of their LPs that I could find.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I don't like their music really, which obvoiusly doesn't help but when I saw them with Converge they were just incredibly boring to me.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Talk to Glenn [thekillinme] on DF. I know he is selling the Ampere/FD split, not sure about Das Oath though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah I saw that earlier. Super excited to hear it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

New Transistor Transistor 7" up for sale at the Level Plane store here: http://www.level-plane.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_8&products_id=14

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah I heard about that. I am ridiculously stoked to get this, and I can't wait till the new full length comes out. You guys planning on making it out to the west coast any time soon?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Hate that I missed that show with HC/HS. Anyway if you guys can make it out here there are tons of great bands who I'm sure would go up and down the coast with you like Graf Orlock/Comadre/Ghostlimb/Who Calls So Loud etc etc.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

gently caress yes. Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete west coast tour this summer!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, no dates set yet. Early info is here: http://board.vivalavinyl.org/?func=topic&id=48098&r=55.

EDIT: Couldn't decide what thread to put this in but holy poo poo I just had a ridiculous mail day

Three packages:

Funeral Diner/Raein | Split | 2004 | Red Cars Go Faster | Black | 570
Gloria Record, The | Grace, The Snow Is Here | 1998 | Crank | White
Hot Cross/Holy Shroud, The | Split | 2005 | Level Plane | Blue/white | 100
Raein | Doden Marscherar At Vast | 2004 | Release The Bats | Black/violet | 525
Saetia | Saetia | 1998 | Mountain | Black | 1000

Yaphet Kotto/Suicide Nation | Split | 2000 | Council | Black | 1500
Braid | Frankie Welfare Boy Age Five | 1995 | Divot | Clear green
Yaphet Kotto | Killer Was In The Government Blankets | 1999 | Ebuillition | Black | Screened inside-out cover
Yaphet Kotto | Syncopated Synthetic Laments For Love | 2001 | Ebullition | Black

Portrait | All My Chances | 2000 | Stickfigure | Black
Bread And Circuits | Bread And Circuits | 2000 | Ebullition | Orange | 316
Champion | Promises Kept | 2004 | Bridge Nine | Maroon | 300
Hugs | Hugs | 2003 | Self Released | Clear w/ screed b-side | 300
Transistor Transistor | Transistor Transistor | 2003 | Level Plane | Black | 500
Wolves | Art.Culture.Work. | 2002 | Coalition | Black | 1000

rivals fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 11, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Good luck. A lot of people want it. I don't think it goes for a ton ($20-30 I think) but it's just rarely sold.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So excited for this. I'm talking to Matt right now trying to get them to play in a basement down here in mid April.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just got another really good deal on some records that I'm stoked about.

Amber Inn | Amber Inn | 1995 | Sunney Sindicut | Black
Life At These Speeds/Sinaloa | Split | 2006 | Waking | Black
Funeral Diner/Dead City | Split | 2003 | Old Glory | Black | 130 | Test press, George Bush cover
Mirah | Advisory Committee | 2002 | K. Records | Black
Mirah | C'mon Miracle | 2004 | K. Records | Black
Neil Perry/Joshua Fit For Battle | Brothers From Different Mothers | 2001 | Level Plane | Black | 500
Takaru/A Light In The Attic | Split | 2003 | Sky Of Ill Rule | Black | 985

Mostly the FD split test because that gets me much closer to completing my collection. Also got really good prices on the Mirah records which is rad because Advisory Committee goes for $30-40 on eBay. I paid $80ppd for the lot.

EDIT: And since I should stop flooding this thread with vinyl, I posted a pic of my Allegiance collection in the record collecting thread. In case anyone's interested, at least.

rivals fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 15, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah Seth was in Takaru. And Takaru was loving amazing how dare you say otherwise!

Oh, and you should all check out Elder: http://www.myspace.com/elderphiladelphia. Members of Balboa and Towers. If you like it, preorders for their 10" are up here: http://forgeagainrecords.com/elder.shtml. I'm really loving the songs they have up.

rivals fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 15, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I'm not too upset about MLIW breaking up. I've only ever listened to My Love. My Way. and enjoyed it a fair amount but not enough to get into anything else they did. Though from what I've been reading I should check out Witness.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ddonahue99 posted:

Man, gently caress the Euro motherfuckers who get to see those 3 bands at the same show.

Seriously, that is so hosed up.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I haven't been able to get into them since Lowest Of The Low, but I can't deny that they put on a great show. I haven't seen them play in about three years though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Whoa what's this with Shai Hulud playing again? I thought they did their final tour back in like 03 with Chad? Who's doing vocals now, I'm guess it's not Geert again and I can't imagine it's Chad.